A Piece of Jong Hyun

My Bestfriend's Wedding

 

Lee Jong Hyun, Kang Min Hyuk and Lee Jung Shin left Jung Shin’s apartment in quiet. The dongsaeng couldn’t guess what was in their Jong Hyun hyung’s mind when he abruptly ordered them to follow him.

“Where are we going hyung?” asked Jung Shin full of curiosity.

“Hisss… “Jong Hyun hissed. “You will know it later,” he added. Then again silence as the dongsaeng looked at each other.

It was a short ride. Lee Jong Hyun pulled his SUV up between two silver sedans in front of Samsung Medical Centre, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. He hurried out the door before the dongsaeng, heading to the back of his SUV.

Carefully he opened its door and pulled huge flower bouquet and one no less huge fruit basket out.

“Hyukkie, you hold this, will you?” he commanded, proffered the flower bouquet to Min Hyuk.

“And Jung Shin ah, help me with this fruit basket,” again Jong Hyun handed the fruit basket to his youngest.

“What is this?” Jung Shin protested, for he had to hold the fruit basket and it was heavier than the flower bouquet.

“You don’t want to help me?” Jong Hyun tilted his head questioning his dongsaeng.

“This one is too heavy for me,” Jung Shin moaned.

Jong Hyun sighed. “Let me bring it,” He yanked the fruit basket from Jung Shin. “Now follow me,” he hurriedly walked.

There, they entered the VIP room’s hallway. It was quiet, only their footsteps broke the silence. Jong Hyun casted his glance at room numbers, quietly, almost nonchalantly.  Then he stopped in front of one particular white door.

Softly he opened it up. The dongsaeng once again looked at each other.

There they saw Shin Hye noona, lied gracefully on her bed leaving the tv on. She looked pale and her eyes were swollen.

Jong Hyun placed the fruit basket on the table at one corner of the room, then stood beside it smiling with his cutest smile ever while the dongsaeng rushed in line to their noona.

“Noona,” Min Hyuk almost shouted like a kid, quickly handed over the flower bouquet to Shin Hye.

“What happened noona?” Jung Shin walked closer and without thinking twice, caressing Shin Hye’s palm.

Jong Hyun smirked in jealousy.

“Aniyo gwaenchanha,” Shin Hye tried to smile and told them why she was there.

Jong Hyun watched from afar. He meticulously observed Shin Hye, how she smiled, her voice, her long sultry copper hair and her flawless skin, but suddenly his heart ached as he saw her swollen eyes.

‘Where was I all of this time?’ he sighed inward.

“Jong Hyun ah,” Shin Hye’s weak voice took him back to reality.

Shyly he drew closer.

“Thank you for the flower.”

“Ah aniyo noona, it wasn’t me, it was Min Hyuk and Jung Shin’s,” Jong Hyun waved his palm.

“No… noona, this is all from hyung, we didn't even know he could do such romantic thing like this” Jung Shin innocently remarked then giggled.

“Ah chincha? Jong Hyun ya, what a thoughtful of you,” Shin Hye’s giggle had back to the way it used to.

“Gumawo,” she smiled.  “How’s Seohyun?” asked Shin Hye as Jong Hyun finally stood next to her.

The young lad smiled a wry smile. Somehow he didn’t like Shin Hye asking him about Seohyun.

“She’s fine,” Jong Hyun answered weakly.

“Please be careful with her heart. Somehow I know what that means,” Shin Hye casted a glance, a sad glance right trough Jong Hyun’s eyes.

“Ne, noona,” he didn’t know how to reply.

“Aniyo, noona," Jong Hyun shook his head, suddenly took back his words. "I think she and I wasn’t meant to be together. I love somebody else,” Jong Hyun bravely confessed.

“Ah chincha?” her swollen eyes got widened.

“I had thought about it over and over again, I just couldn’t love her,” Jong Hyun sighed.

Shin Hye casted a gaze deep into Jong Hyun eyes, a warm friendly gaze, “Jong ah, honestly it’s never only about you or her," she stopped, examining his countenance, "It’s always about responsibility. If you think you never love her then…” Shin Hye unfinished remarks stopped, her phone beeped.

It was Yong Hwa.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Yoboseyo.”

“Jagiya. Where are you? I’m sorry for not calling you earlier.”

 “Yong,” Shin Hye moaned weakly while Jong Hyun eyes pinned on her face.

‘So beautiful, yet I can’t reach her,’ he sighed.

“Jagiya, I’m sorry.”

“Let’s call it quit.”

Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin together winced in disbelive hearing Shin Hye’s remarks.

“What was that? What? Quit?” Yong Hwa shrilled in confusion.

“Please understand my situation, they hit me, not you.”

Jong Hyun clenched his fist. He himself could feel the sorrow in her voice, how desperate she was, when Yong Hwa hyung did was only to save his own .

“No, No, we can settle this together. Shin Hye ah, Jagiya, please consider me, think about me, what am I going to do if I don’t have you? Don’t say that words again, please Shin ah, please,” pleaded Yong Hwa anxiously.

“Yong, I would give everything up if ever this situation occurred to you. I don’t care about losing my career but I don’t want to bring anymore pain to my family.”

“Wait, wait, ok, ok, I know, I’m on my way to see you, where are you?”

“It’s too late,” Shin Hye said with a mournful voice.

Jong Hyun’s brows leapt skywards in genuine surprise.

“No Shin ah, don’t say that, you’re going to kill me if you said that. Tell me where you are, tell me,” Yong Hwa desperately shouted.

All of a sudden, an unexpected earthquake alert flooded all over the room, the hallway, the entire building.

“What is that hyung?” Jung Shin shrilled in panic. “Earthquake! Calm down Jung Shin, will you?” Min Hyuk shouted. “Hyung we have to take noona out, mianhae noona whether you like it or not, I should carry you,” Min Hyuk abruptly drew halfway closer.

But Jong Hyun cut him off with his solemn soft voice, he remarked, “mianhae noona,” along with it he slid his arms around her back and lifted her up heroically.

“Please Jong Hyun you don’t have to do this, I can walk by myself,” Shin Hye squirmed. But Jong Hyun held her tighter carrying her without words only smile plastered all over his face.  And as for Shin Hye, she could do nothing but surrender.

 

Shin Hye's phone beeped.

No one noticed. And it beeped over and over again.