The Storm

My Bestfriend's Wedding

Before I continue, allow me to recap this story just to refresh our mind.

"Park Shin Hye, one of top actress from South Korea has announced her engagement to fellow actor and singer Lee Seung Gi.

They reportedly had been dating for six month after their last collaboration on a hit drama series, Opposite Attractions.

Addressing the highly rated 7 years rumor about his closeness to Park Shin Hye, Yong Hwa stated that he and Shin Hye are only best-friend."

But

"Ok hyung. First let your heart confronts your head," Jong Hyun picked a pen and paper, and start writing his points.

"1. Head said Shin Hye is my close friend
Heart said I want her attention more, more than close friends will do.

2. Head said Shin Hye is not my top priority, my top priority is my career
Heart said, she's one of my top priority, my heart jolted in happiness whenever she's around rooted and supported me.

3. Head said I should not have any romantic relation to any girl now because it will hold back my career
Heart said Shin Hye won’t become an obstacle to my career. Cause she will always support me.

4. Head said I don't need her
Heart said what would I do without her

5. Head said let her go
Heart said grab her in

6. Head said she's just one of my professional working partners
Heart said I do my work more professional when I knew she's by my side.

7. Head said I don't love her
Heart said what is it that I'm happy with her if not love?

8. Head said to be with her it means you have to deal with the management, fans, anti-fans and press at the same time
Heart said she will help you through though times.

“Do you have more to add to this list hyung?" Jong Hyun turned his head to see my reaction.

And the time Yong Hwa served in Military

"Yong hwa, I'm tired fighting alone. I can't work properly like I used to because of this scandal," she sighed.

"Shin Hye ah, mianhe,” I took a deep breath.

“My training here is hard you know. Like every-day I always think about giving up. And there I still keep holding on. Doing my training diligently, doing my duty without complaining not just because of my family’s sake, or my fan’s sake, or my country's sake but it is also because I knew you will never forget my accidental kiss. The kiss that brought you so much trouble over and over, that you even forgot your own pain of not having me by your side," I smiled the smile that Shin Hye couldn't see. Gosssh I was so naughty back then.

"You babo! Stop joking. Yong hwa ssi, make sure you came back here safe and sound, so I can kill you," she yelled and she's gone. My time is up.

Yes indeed I love her, I love Park Shin Hye.

I realized now, I can face the future, the fan, the anti fan, the press, the management, the elders, the band mate, the everything with her by my side rooting and helping me.

And Yes I would do anything and everything to win her back before it’s too late.

Then

Nine pm, it was already dark, windy and cold. There we were sitting in the middle of SBS’s wide front yard looking at each other like a teenager in love. Though Seoul was always very cold, we felt warm as our heart tugged to each other.

"Do you like me?" I spoke breaking the silence.

She shook her head. "Aniyo," she murmured.

I felt like losing my sanity upon hearing her confession.

"Then I'm Shin Woo," I said. The pictures of how my days would be in the future were flashing in my head. Meeting her everyday filming this drama, pain;  seeing her with Seung Gi, pain; attending her marriage ceremony, pain; seeing her face during my sleepless night, pain; watching her CF, drama, film, photos, interviews; pain; imagining her during my song writing creative process, pain; kissing another girl when all I can think of is her, pain; falling in love again when my heart has fallen for her, pain; doing world tour when I only long for her warm embrace, pain; pain, pain, pain. I breathed a deep sigh.

"Aniyo, you're Tae Kyung," she reached my hand. "I was being Minam thinking you were in love with someone else and didn't have the guts to confess. I'm so minam and you're so tae kyung. I never liked you, I love you," she bent her head, sliding it on my shoulder like Heartstrings days.

"Aish, you almost broke my heart," I really wanted to jump, stomp, shout, laugh instead I sat still letting her head leaning on my shoulder, didn't want to move even an inch. It felt so good, so right.

"Come on tae kyung hyung nim, its getting cold, lets go home," she was about to jump up but I hold her.

"Please stay, or at least talk. I don't want to waste my time being away from you," I pleaded.

"What more do you want?" She frowned.

"I want you to be my wife," I remarked.

Then

"Ani, don't start a scandal now," I hit his sleeve shyly. He grabbed my wrist.

"Shin Hye, I want you to know, now I'm on the point of willing to do anything to make you mine," Yong Hwa remarked, "What are you going to do with your engagement?" his eyes softened.

"I, I..."

"Don't say you don't know what to do," he shook his head.

"In this matter we have to do what we should do. If you hesitated in telling Seung Gi, afraid of him being hurt, then you'll going to hurt me, yourself and Seung Gi at the same time for the rest of our life," he emphasized the last.

And Finally


"And why did we end up engage to each other?" He asked.

"Oppa, it happened so fast, I trully trully admire you, honestly, I mean you influenced me in a good way, to be a better person in this and that, in everything," I sighed.

"But oppa, I think our engagement is wrong," I shrugged my shoulder.

"Why?"

"Because... I see you as my oppa, sibling oppa," I confessed.

"But why did you say yes at the first time," Seung Gi frowned.

"Because, because, I was unsure about my feelings to you oppa and to Yong Hwa. I confused my admiration to you as love, and I confused my love to Yong Hwa as friendship."

"And what makes you think you didn't confuse anything now?" Seung Gi smirked.

I wanted to say this to answer his question. 'Oppa, I'm sure because I think about him and he thinks about me night and day. I'm his inspiration while his smile is my fuel. I long for his kiss while he is always lacking of my warm embrace. To make it short, I'm happy, sad, jealous, even aroused whenever he's around and he did too.

But I couldn't hurt Seung Gi oppa no more so I said, "Oppa, he needs me more than you need me," instead. Tears started forming on my eyes.

He smiled lightly. "Then I'm jilted, out of love."

"Oppa," I moan again.

"Ah, no need to feel guilty Shin Hye ah, this is how life evolves. Though I felt you are being unfair to me, but I love you, and my dignity told me to put your happiness above mine because of love," Seung Gi sipped his last coffee.

"I will help you explain this to our parents on our dinner tonight. Ok Shin Hye?"

I nodded.

"Don't cry. You have to finish your photo session. Ah, and I will leave now. My heart can't endure more suffering now seeing you and Yong hwa together," he sighed.

"Oppa, mianhae," I muttered.

Seung Gi smiled. “It’s Ok.”

"Thank you for loving me. Bye oppa, until our dinner time, saranghae," I peck his cheek.

I walked back to the photo session venue, smiling and chuckling. My heart was light and extremely happy. I wanted to share this with Yong Hwa.

But

Shin Hye got pensive, yes, she couldn't stop admiring the way that night Seung Gi convinced their parents as if he himself who decided to cancel the engagement for our own good.

Shin Hye reached the red carpet. And as planned for their past drama ‘Opposite Attractions’ sake, Seung Gi was already there waiting for her, looking cool and handsome as usual. They will be seated at the same table with all the cast of the ‘Opposite Attractions’, plus Im Yoona who currently casted as Seung Gi’s co-star on their latest still airing drama ‘Love Train’.

She hopped off of the car and instantly laced her arms to Seung Gi's sleeve.

"Oppa, today I'm going to tell Yong Hwa the surprise," she talked and giggled as they walked on the red carpet.

"Ne," Seung Gi answered politely yet sadly.

"Oppa, gweanchanha?" She turned her eyes on Seung Gi upon hearing his weak voice. That was when her eyes unintentionally bumped on CN Blue member who walked behind, posing and smiling to the press. 

Shin Hye spotted Yong Hwa, who watched her with his wry look. What happened to that guy? She spoke inward. Didn’t I text him about the red carpet scenario? She sighed.

It had been almost two weeks that she couldn't reach Yong Hwa, even by phone. Whenever she called him, Jong Hyun always the one who answered only to tell hyung was busy or else he didn't pick up at all.

 

Then

"Oppa, thank you," Shin Hye spoke. "I don't know what to say, but I think me and Yong Hwa is really over now," Shin Hye wiped her teary eyes. "His jealousy is killing me," again she sobbed.

"Mianhae, I know this is my fault," Seung Gi lifted his back and moved so he could stand face to face with Shin Hye.

"Oppa, it hurts so bad," Shin Hye rubbed her chest.

Seung Gi pulled her closer and gave her a huge hug.

"I know this is wrong, but Shin Hye ah, I really really love you," he uttered his words.

"No oppa, you just felt pity for me," Shin Hye replied between her sob.

Seung Gi caressed her hair softly. "I won't make you cry like this," he whispered lightly.

Shin Hye startled and out of the sudden she pushed Seung Gi away.

"Mianhae oppa," she murmured, almost unheard.

And


"Seung Gi ssi," a husky voice filled the air. Seung Gi turned back to see Yong Hwa stood still with perplexed face.

"Yong Hwa ah," Shin Hye said weakly like a caught flat-footed thief.

"Why did you make her cry?" Seung Gi blurted in a blatant anger.

"For your information sir, I love her. Shin Hye, I love you," Yong Hwa stared at Shin Hye pleading for forgiveness.

"Seung Gi ssi, I love her and she loves me and I know I have mistakenly made her cry, made her sad, made her mad, but above all I will try my best to make her happy, so if you really love her, please let her go," Yong Hwa downed on bended knees.

In the midst of cold Seoul night, Lee Seung Gi conceded laconically, "We broke up."

"Chincha?" Yong Hwa raised his head.

"Yup, more than two weeks ago," he ducked.

"So there's no need for you to bend down on your knees like this. Shin Hye had chosen you," his voice turned cold.

 

Then

Shin Hye turned around and got shock to see a young lad before her, and handsome. "Jung Yong Hwa!"

"Jagiya, let’s do it again, like we did last night," he teased.

"No! You have to go, out, out, palli, palli, my mother's on her way here, ottohke, ottohke."

"Shirro," Yong Hwa pouted.

"Yah babo!" She pouted.

"I'm your namja, I don't have to play hide and seek with your eomma, my eommoni," Yong Hwa pulled the blanket tighter, concealing his .

 

Then the Disaster

"Do you think Yong Hwa is ready for the next stage of romance? How about his fans? How about his career? How about his management? How about you? Are you ready?" Mrs. Park now stared at Shin Hye, the only daughter she had, the one whom happiness was beyond hers.

Shin Hye winced for her mother had her point there. Yong Hwa was indeed an ambitious young blood and she knew from deep inside her heart, choosing him over Seung Gi was like rolling the dice of life, her life. There would be more uncertainties than possibilities for too many obstacles to be surpassed.

"His career is his life, could you fit-in, in that?" Mrs. Park tossed some picture of the daughter and Yong Hwa.

The daughter widened her eyes, startled. It really was her and Yong Hwa, inside her apartment, taken from somewhere across her window view.

Some photos showed when Yong Hwa entered the place, others showed when she made him the pancake, and some showed when they quarreled in front of her bedroom door.

Shin Hye ran to her window examining how much range visibility the shutter-bug could possibly have through her uncovered huge rectangle sliding glass shield. Yes, with the help of long range lenses, they could see everything, and yesterday she definitely forgot closing the blinds.

Recalling what she had done in her bedroom with Yong Hwa, she quickly ran to it. And suddenly turned pale when she saw its curtain was widely opened.

Mrs. Park stood still with her buttock leaned against the serving table. Her hand was folded on her chest and her lips were tightly curled.

"Shin ah," she exclaimed. With the same facial expression, Mrs. Park grabbed her bag and pulled one particular envelope.

"This one, I didn't even have the guts to see what's inside," she handed the envelope over to Shin Hye.

Timid and scared to open, Shin Hye sighed, for she knew what was inside this envelope could be the worst nightmare she would never want to have.

 

Jung Yong Hwa – 29, Leader of CNBLUE, Korean Rock Band, Strong Passion in Music, Persistent, Ambitious, Seriously funny and Talkative

Park Shin Hye – 28, Talented Actress, Hilarious Personality, Timid and prudent when it comes to Love

Lee Seung Gi – 32, Talented Entertainer, Smart, Dependable and Mature

Lee Jong Hyun – 28, Fellow CNBLUE, Yong Hwa’s love advisor, Smart, Tactical and Bold, but later on he fell in love with Park Shin Hye

Lee Joon – 38, Investigative Journalist, Smart and Dependable, Lee Seung Gi older cousin

Kang Min Hyuk and Lee Jung Shin – Member of CNBLUE, Yong Hwa’s closest friends and band mates

Mgr. So Ji Sub – CNBLUE manager

Mgr. Jun – Park Shin Hye trustworthy manager

Song Chang Ui – CEO of Salt Entertainment, the CEO of Park Shin Hye talent Agency

Han Seung Ho – CEO of FNC Entertainment

Kang Sung Jae – Paparazzi hired by ‘Lee Gyu Won’ pseudo

Cha Do Hwi – The real name of ‘Lee Gyu Won’ pseudo, hardcore fans of Yong Hwa and Seohyun

Jang Do Il – Lee Joon’s business partner in investigating

Lee Shin – Lee Shin pseudo someone very powerful in Entertainment Industry

And Seohyun – member of SNDS

 

A Glimpse of the Last Chapter

“Please understand my situation here, they hit me, not you,” said Park Shin Hye

“No, No, we can settle this together. Shin Hye ah, Jagiya, please consider me, think about me, what am I going to do if I don’t have you? Don’t say that words again, please Shin ah, please,” pleaded Yong Hwa anxiously.

“Yong, I would give everything up if ever this situation occurred to you. I don’t care about losing my career but I don’t want to bring anymore pain to my family.”

“Wait, wait, ok, ok, I know, I’m on my way to see you, where are you?”

“It’s too late,” Shin Hye said with a mournful voice.

“No, Shin ah don’t say that, you’re going to kill me if you said that. Tell me where you are, tell me,” his pulse started to race.

“Damn!” the connection stopped.

 “Aigoo what happened?” Ji Sub shouted as he felt the van tipped over several times before it finally stopped.

“I don’t know sir, the earth is moving,” the driver confirmed.     

“What?” Yong Hwa shouted, quickly got out of the van. By the time their feet touched the asphalt, they could feel they lost their balance, yes the earth was moving.

Yong Hwa shook his head trying to regain his balance as the ground finally stopped shaking, “What was that?” he shouted.

“I don’t know, mild earthquake I supposed,” Ji Sub held the edge of the van.

 

 

Lee Joon and Jang Do Il sat across each other, facing the same photos, the same puzzle, the same mystery.

Han Seung Ho was already removed from the suspected list. Lee Joon knew from his heart, that guy wouldn’t do such dirty things.

“Do Il ya, she lied,” Lee Joon tapped on Cha Do Hwi the Seohyun pseudo’s snapshot.

“Oh Hyung,” the junior nodded. “What should we do about her?” Do Il took a sip of his hot espresso, and grinned over its bitternes.

“She knew something, but that something is not enough,” Lee Joon sighed.

“Do you think your cousin will do such thing?” Do Il asked solemnly hoping Lee Joon wouldn’t get burned by his question.

“I don’t know, he has motives here,” Lee Joon took a glimpse at his cousin’s photos.

Out of the sudden, they can feel their table jogged. In reflex both of them jumped up from their seat stomping fast halfway out from the café and stopped in the middle of hysteria when Lee Joon sight stuck on the Entertainment News.

It was Lee Seung Gi, his cousin, in a press conference saying he and Park Shin Hye will held a wedding ceremony in a week. And that now Park Shin Hye had already carrying his child.

Lee Joon and Do Il exchanged gaze. “What the hell is he doing?” Lee Joon shouted before finally hopped out of the café.