Chen - Eternally His

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Get up and fight, nerd!" Kris shouted. 

"I-I don't want to resolve any misunderstandings with physical fights." Chen calmly said as he propped himself up with his elbows.

His books and papers scattered everywhere, his eyeglasses nearly broken.

"Kris, stop it already!" I shouted as I blocked Kris from advancing to Chen.

"Stay out of this." He instructed me.

"If you're gonna hurt him, you have to go through me first." 

Kris did not respond, he instead just gave assuring nods to Tao and Lay. And the next thing I knew, I was trapped in between his two large friends, unable to move and having a hard time trying to breathe.

Kris and his friends, Lay, Tao, Luhan and Xiumin were the biggest and most feared out bullies in school. Everyone trembles at the sight of them, and I mean everyone, even the principal himself. Basically because they're sons of very powerful families here in China. Being in good terms with them could mean the difference between life and certain death, prosperity and misery. 

He was my ex-boyfriend. The vile and viscious Kris was my past boyfriend. I was threatened to, I had no other choice.

Way back before, Chen and I were happily together, though we haven't called our relationship official, he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Although many people judged our relationship, I could care less. I was deeply in love with him that having him by my side was enough for me to go through all the judgments passed on to me. Everyone said, "The Beauty and the Total Geek? What the hell?", but it wasn't how they think about me that bothered me, it was how they thought so lowly of Chen. Chen was a straight A student, no offense records, no vices, he was nonetheless very caring, sweet and kind, Chen was THE IDEAL BOYFRIEND, why weren't they able to see that? Oh right, I forgot how people are so dependent on external features and how they're so materialistic and vain. 

It was on our third year when Kris took interest on me. Although he perfectly knew I was already with someone, he continued to pursue me. But, I remained loyal to Chen, yes, he might be not as great as what people think of Kris, but he's the greatest one for me that I don't need anyone to prove me I was wrong. But I guess Kris made the impossible, possible by threatening me with having Chen kicked out of school if I did not agree to go out with him. Chen's future depends on his scholarship in this prestigious school and having him kicked out because of me was surely one of the things that I wouldn't want to happen ever. So, I went out with Kris. I left Chen with a reason I came up with, a selfish reason Kris asked me to make for myself, a selfish reason that could make Chen hate me and curse me forever. Thanks for letting me use you for homeworks.

"How about this, eh? How about you calculate how much force I'm gonna land on your annoying face?" Kris laughed.

"I couldn't." Chen shook his head.

"But we thought you're smart?" Kris teased.

"...because by then if I did, you wouldn't be able to understand anyway, so why waste my time?" 

Kris' friends roared into laughter, even I did. But only one deathly stare from Kris made everyone shut up instantly. 

"Ha-ha, funny. Let's see if you'd still be able to make jokes after this." 

Chen wasn't able to move a single muscle, he wasn't in the condition to run away and I can't help him out either. Kris and his friends started beating him up like he was a stray wild dog fallen into the hands of drunken butchers from the market, minus the butchering knives (of course). He was helpless and weak and received several strong punches from these guys.  I couldn't help myself but feel guilty and burdened with what's happening, Chen doesn't deserve any of these, he doesn't deserve to be treated this way.

"STOP IT!!! ALL OF YOU! STOP IT!!!" I cried as I struggled to get myself free from Lay and Tao's grasps. Tears started gushing out of my little eyes and fell down heavily on my cheeks. "STOP IT...ALL OF YOU...STOP IT..." 

My cry was enough to get Kris' attention. He immediately stopped and looked over to me. "Let her go." Kris smirked. Lay and Tao immediately set me loose as Kris slowly made his way towards me. "You want me to stop?" He raised my chin up. 

I did not answer, I was scared of his stare, I was scared of everything about him. I can't believe I agreed to be this monster's girlfriend, I can't believe myself!

"Answer me!" He shouted angrily at me and firmly planted his large hands on my shoulder.

I just cried, I was too scared of him. It was like talking to a murderer, a vile murderer.

"Great. Cry! Cry and cry! That's what you're good at, right?! Cry!" He shouted.

"Stop it, Kris. Stop this now." I sobbed.

"L-Let...h-h-her go..." I heard Chen say as he groggily lifted himself up from lying down on the ground. "Leave her...out...of...this." 

"Ohhh, would you look at that, a hero?" Kris did not hesitate to run over to Chen and beat him up again. I was yet again locked and trapped in between Lay and Tao as I continue to shout out my cries and pleads to make Kris stop. Chen did not land a single punch on Kris or on Luhan or Xiumin. He accepted all the punches without thoughts of fighting back. He tried defending himself, but was already very weak to do so. 

Three minutes of watching the dreadful scene, I turned completely numb, expressionless, lifeless like I was in a coma. Chen, why are you doing this? Why are you making yourself suffer? Just let me go, just let me...save you. 

"Kris, he's had enough." Luhan held Kris' arm and stopped him.

"What... are you on his side now? Huh?!" Kris stared at Luhan.

"He's right man, if we continue this, we'd seriously kill him." Xiumin added.

"And if we did, we'd be held as suspects, unless you kill..." Lay started.

"Her too." Tao continued and eventually looked at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter