Sehun - Looking for Alaska

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Warning! This chapter contains spoilers for John Green's Looking For Alaska

I was in my high school book club. 

The club's pretty much an open book (pun intended), our activities were predictable, all of its members would read books and review them. I'd like to compare me being in the club similar to how the athletes are in varsity. We train, everyday, well, sorta. We read new books everyday and we were required to share our own reviews and insights on it. Every day, members of the club gather at the club room and have the daily review of the books they've read. It can be the book they've read three years ago or their most favorite ones, doesn't matter, as long as you have something to share then you're doing your job for the club. I definitely felt like the club was made just for me, I'm not really the type who can fit in any club I wanted to because I don't have much talent in me. But even though it was 'just right' for me, I am a person who grows tired of things easily. I felt like being in the book club was getting into more routine activities. There was nothing special about it that would make me want to stay. 

I met him at the library. It was a week back when I was still enjoying the company of book sharing. I was thoroughly searching for a good book to read, an easy book, a book that would only take me a night to finish. I promised I'd go easy on myself, so I went after the new books than the classics. A fictional romcom. I settled with Looking For Alaska by John Green. The title caught my eye. Maybe I was curious as to how the country Alaska went missing. Or was it really the country Alaska?

I was struggling to reach the book that was unfortunately on the top shelf. There were no library assistants nor was there anything I could step on to reach the height. I was only 145 cm tall, a petite, small girl who's incredibly powerless against these tall shelves. 

"Hold on, hold on, I'd get it for you." A low voice said from behind me. 

I ducked as soon as he reached for the book.

"Looking For Alaska? Do you like this kind of stuff?" He chuckled.

It must've been the tension, the tension and the lack of guy experience that made me stand stiff and oblivious to what's currently happening. He stood too close, his chest touched my back and his arms touched mine. This might be the closest to intimacy with a guy I can get.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked again, patting my shoulder.

I fixed my glasses in place, firmed my clothes down and turned around to face him. The moment our eyes met, my fairytale began. Was it just me or were his eyes literally sparkling? And as soon as he smiled at me, revealing those pure pearly whites of his, fireworks began bursting around me. It was heart-throbbing. Who is this guy?

"A-Ah, t-thank you." I bowed as I reached out for the book in his hand.

"Sure, no problem. Uh, try not to struggle to get the book. You might get yourself hurt from that. Ask help from library assistants, okay?" He smiled.

"A-Ah, I-I understand. Thank you...uhm....?" I lowered my head down as I felt heat rise up to my cheeks. Did I just ask for his name? Oh no. Jaemin, what a cheeky girl you are! 

"Sehun. Oh Sehun." He chuckled softly. "See you around....?" 

I grinned, he wanted to know my name as well! "Jaemin. Lee Jaemin."

"Alright, Lee Jaemin. Nice to meet you."

So that's basically how I met Sehun and how I fell head over heels for him. The ever so usual meeting place at the library.

Since then, I always had an excuse to go to the library. Sehun always stopped by every 4 in the afternoon and leave at past 5. He always brought with him a comic book, I'm not exactly sure what it is, now that I think about it, why haven't I paid a single attention to what he was reading? Ah, that's right, I was too focused on watching him as he read it. He has his usual spot at the far end corner of the room. The library's tables were all arranged by fours, forming a small square. I always sit two squares away from where he was and I made sure I get a seat facing his direction. I've also had the habit of borrowing the library's huge dictionary as cover whenever I wanted to just watch him from afar. And yes, I find myself very creepy too.

What's he reading today? He's laughing. And seeing him smile like that all by himself makes me fall for him more. He started to look around now, maybe he's making sure no one notices him. He glanced to the left then to the right, looked back and then in front. And when he caught my eye, I immediately hid behind the dictionary and stayed behind until I made sure the coast was clear to look again. This scene went on for quite a while and I'm surprised Sehun didn't seem to mind it nor did he even took notice of it. 

Usually, I take a quick nap before Sehun leaves at 5, but it seemed as though I've overslept today for the moment I woke up and checked my watch, it already read 7:34 PM. . I immediately got up, startling the other people in the library, and started putting my things in my bag before noticing the dictionary I had with me a while ago was gone and that there was a rabbit-shaped sticky note on my table.

 

"You might create a puddle of saliva on the dictionary so I took it off from you. Don't stay up too late next time. ;)" Is what the sticky note read.

 

No name was signed on the sticky note and I am not familiar with the penmanship, who could this be? And what's with that winky face? Is he flirting with me?

The note bothered me all night. I can't help but think it might be Sehun, but he wouldn't bother, right? 

Everything in the library after class the next day was just the way it was. Sehun was not reading a comic book, but rather a Calculus textbook, he might be working on tomorrow's homework or something. I, on the other hand, brought with me the dictionary again and monitored Sehun while he worked. Man, the sight of him being serious and focused as he studied was delightful. I never really had the chance to see him often like that. Which made me realize, he doesn't seem to use the library often for his academics, he would just often kill time in here with his comic books and yet they say he tops the class. He might be born a genius. Although today's agenda included confirming whether or not it was Sehun who gave me that sticky note, I failed and fell asleep.

The moment I opened my eyes, again, the sun was already setting. I took a peek at my watch, it read 5:56 PM and the dictionary was still here. I took a quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter