Baekhyun - Secret Valentine

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each year, the student body holds the annual Secret Valentine event. It started back in 2006, when the elected president was a huge fan of Elvis Presley that he can't help but feel romantic every single time of his high school existence. Not that many were opposed to the idea, majority of the students actually loved it, considering it was the first time such event was held. I heard the proposal went through a lot of holes and coasters before it got approved by the school administration, after all, some professors were just really born to ruin your youth, probably because theirs got destroyed even before they went through it. Oh boy, who cares? I wouldn't waste my time preoccupying myself with old tales from the 60's. 

I was elected student body president this year. My original plan was I'd run for Academic Managing Officer, but the perks of being the student body president changed my mind. I get to have a scholarship if I eventually get elected and since my family's struggling financially at that time, my urge to at least lessen the burden on my father's shoulders made me file my name under the candidates for presidency. And thankfully enough, I got a lot of votes because of the promise that I'd continue the legacy started by Elvis Presley's descendant. Oh well, at least I'd get to have my scholarship.

It's not that I was bitter because I was single that I hated the Secret Valentine event. It's just that I don't see the point in all of it. People weren't required to join the Secret Valentine, you just go if you wanted to go. It's by your own freewill. I guess it's the one thing I liked about it. But it's not like it's effective with me, even if I wanted to go or not, I still have to be present in the event. 

"Okay, last thirty minutes for the registration! Come on people! 500 KRW won't kill you!" I shouted.

It was supposed to be a free event, but because our club budget was cut off by 10%, I decided to charge the students a fair amount. There weren't any complaints about it though, the eagerness and thirst for love from the students during that day was incredibly strong.

"Prez, we have an emergecy meeting with the finance committee. They're having troubles with managing accounts and auditing." An underclassman came running to me, passing the news.

"The potatoheads, again." I sighed. "I'd be there by 4:30, tell them to prepare everything that needs sorting out."

Finance, academic, student affairs. Which committees are still being potatoheads? Do I always have to go over them from time to time?

"Hello, prez." Daehyun greeted me as he re an arm over the ballot box.

Daehyun's other tentacles came walking in just seconds after he landed a dirty tentacle on my ballot box. They're all from my year, but never from my class. Although one of his tentacle friends was. 

"Don't tell me you're signing up for that." Baekhyun said in a displeased tone.

Baekhyun is Daehyun's older brother. They're twins, but Baekhyun was older by 10 minutes or so that's what I heard. People liked Baekhyun more. Maybe because he's been the first in rankings ever since freshman year and he seemed more of a matured man than his brother. 

"Give it up Daehyun, you can get girls without signing up for that anyway." One of his friends chuckled.

"I know, but this president's luring me to sign up for this." Daehyun smirked as he leaned in close to me.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the event is a No Pets Allowed kind of gathering, and we're not expecting any arrogant looking piglet lurking around the place doing unnecessary and stupid stuff like the one you're doing right now. Thank You."

I pushed his arm away from the ballot box and looked up to him with a teasing smile.

His friends started laughing nonstop as the good-for-nothing Daehyun got speechless at my monologue. Well, he deserves a good sharp tongue once in a while right? His childishness is not tolerable. I might roast him for real when my patience meter reach it's peak.

Daehyun and his friends have always been nothing but trouble. They're like immortal fungi that are pathogenic and has a high resistance to the rules and regulations antifungal creams. They seriously like being trouble all the time, so much to his brother's dismay. Although Baekhyun joins in his circle of friends most of the time, he still holds on to his reputation of being a good student. He is after all a valedictorian candidate.

Valentine's Day came and I barely had a wink of sleep. I was so busy with the last minute preparations. The finacial problems and the schedule conflicts had been taken care of yesterday, thank God. It only took three or four marshmallows to insert a good solution on to the heads of those problematic committees. We can't, after all, seek help from the administration. If we say we have troubles especially when money is involved, I highly doubt this "legacy"  as they so call it will last for another year. 

Students started flooding the event hall almost immediately after the last bell rang, signalling the classes were over for the day. The event started this morning. Guys and girls started getting chocolates and love letters carefully placed by their admirers in their lockers, or inside their bags or indirectly through another person. Well, don't ask me, I'm not expecting anything, so I am not surprised I haven't got one until now. The earliest memory I have with Valentine's Day is when my sister gave me her chocolates saying she didn't want to get fat because of those and she didn't want to let them spoil so she had me eat all of it which eventually caused me to miss school for three consecutive days because of diarrhea. But don't get it wrong, it's not the reason why I hated these kind of events.

I was in the control area, where the sound system and other techy s I don't know resided, checking if everything's fine and ready to go for the event which would start at around 10 minutes or so. Most of the people from the student body were all over the place, having last minute rounds in each area of the event place. We are after all aiming for a good Secret Valentine this year, making new changes and all, since we promised to continue the legacy on and the students should see a great outcome from what I've charged them upon registration. 

"Flowers?" A familiar voice greeted my ear.

"Wh- What are you doing here?" 

Daehyun was behind me carrying a bunch of white roses with a big 'Saranghae' written neatly on a pink card and a single rose trapped in between his canines.

"Uh... I'm here because I wanted to give you these?" He smiled as he held out the roses in front of me.

"Are you kidding me?" 

"Nah, I'm not even kidding! I really wanted to show you my appreciation!"

"Students are not allowed here so-"

"What brings you here then?" He smirked.

"I'm the student body president so I am an exception, would you please go away?" I pushed him slightly away from me as I walked towards the stairs.

"At least take this single rose from me." He said as he beat me all the way down the stairs, causing a block between me and my absolute freedom.

"Look, you paid for this event, not for giving me that flower."

"Then here's another 500 KRW." He said as he took out money from his pocket.

"You're unbelievable! Leave me alone!"

"I'm not going anywhere until you at least take either these bunch of roses or this single rose from me."

People from the control area started taking glances from where we were at. Well, they should, we were talking pretty loud and they might be interested with the boy who took his courage in annoying me, interested in whether I'd send him off with a 20-combo kick or a 50 K.O. punches or if I'd just let this pass with considering in taking his flowers. Daehyun's a -head, so he most probaby will stick with his principle of not going anywhere until I take his flowers. I seriously don't know what's going on with him, cause if he certainly fancies me, then I might as well make it clear to him that him and I can't happen, absolutely not, it would mean World War 3 if that happened. 

"I'm taking these not because I accept you in my life. Okay? Now get out of my face." I said as I took the bunch of roses out from his hands.

"As you wish." Daehyun said with great courtesy as he moved out of my way.

I immediately darted out of the room before anyone else could catch us and misunderstood me. I don't want any issues circulating around the campus with me and Daehyun as hero and heroine. I don't even want a single issue about me! What more with an issue with a guy? Oh geez. If I was principal of this school, I would make Daehyun's life a living hell for threatening my reputation as president and student leader.

I decided to go towards the entrance booth, where the first year student body volunteers were assigned. It's not that I was worried that they might have a hard time with the entry of a lot of students, it's just that I don't know where else should I go.

"Oh, hey, prez." One of the first years, stood up and greeted me with a bow.

"There's no need for that." I chuckled. "How's everything going?"

"Pretty well, we've made sure everyone that got inside were registered and duly paid." Another underclassman, a pretty one, assured me with a smile.

"That's great. I knew I was right in placing you two h-"

"Woah, she actually accepted Daehyun's roses?" A familiar voice greeted my ears, yet again and I knew it was a Daehyun tentacle speaking.

I turned back to see the great Daehyun tentacles, walking towards the line with entrance tickets on their hands. Even his twin brother, Baekhyun was there, which surprised me the most. I didn't know he was in to these kind of stuff. I can only picture him in events where science projects were displayed for everyone to see. I took a glance at him, he was looking at the bunch of flowers that was in my hand and afterwards noticed I was looking his way so he shifted his gaze on something afterwards, acting like nothing happened. Was he interested? Does it make him think how on earth did I accept something from his stupid brother? Yeah, he might

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter