Chanyeol - Last Carnations

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was three in the morning, the sky was still dark and gloomy, the streets were still empty and dead, but amidst the desolated atmosphere, there was a woman, in her mid-20s, in a yellow tee, rainbow-striped pajamas, a pair of pink bunny slippers and a green turban wrapped around her head, that seemed to be the odd one out. She was sitting outside of the convenience store just a few blocks away from her apartment, slurping down her favorite ramen, with a few side dishes and two bars of chocolate. Her friend, Se Kyung, who was on shift that dead hour was watching her eat and the disgust on her face was unbearable.

"What happened to the diet?!" She asked, still watching her devour the large-sized ramen. "It's 3 am, shouldn't you be sleeping your hunger away instead?"

"I couldn't sleep." Min Ji replied, scratching her nose. 

"Then just stay at your apartment! Try your best not to get out! Install 10 locks or something!"

Min Ji and Se Kyung used to work together at that very convenience store, but because Min Ji thought that working there was a contributing factor to her gaining more weight, she quit.

"I gained another kilo..." Min Ji blurted out. "...even though I've been trying so hard." 

Se Kyung was all the more guilty rather than annoyed that there was no significant progress about her friend's weight loss. She let out a sigh, there was nothing more she can do, she already knew that, but seeing Min Ji fight the struggle alone made her feel pathetic as a friend. Min Ji was a very beautiful girl - and she still is, she was even the envy of many girls at her university for having such a perfect figure and a perfect face. A bagel girl, as what they call girls like her nowadays. But everything changed after her breakup with her boyfriend of three years, Byun Baekhyun. 

"You could have the chocolates."

Min Ji smiled at Se Kyung who sat in silence, still a bit dumbfounded from Min Ji's sudden news, as she stood up and prepared to leave, abandoning the other half of the ramen untouched. It was quite bizarre of her to leave her favorite ramen unfinished, but the mere thought of Byun Baekhyun was enough to trigger her insecurities, eventually losing her appetite. The way home was excruciatingly painful for Min Ji, it reminded her of how much she misses walking this path along with Baekhyun and his endless monologue of how his day went. To Min Ji, it wasn't a bother, Baekhyun's talkativeness that is, nor was his extremely demanding nature, she had always thought she was somewhat a masochist in their relationship, that even though she was at Baekhyun's beckon and call, she didn't mind at all.

That morning, Min Ji went to school, half asleep, half awake, eyes sore and puffy. She wasn't able to sleep when she got home, she ended up browsing her photos with Baekhyun that she promised she'd delete forever, eventually making her cry, again. Not that her classmates were new to this scenario, but the drastic change every day was making them a bit concerned. 

"You look like you need a bar of Snickers." A familar voice greeted Min Ji, followed by a bar of Snickers falling down mercilessly at her desk. "Are breakups really that bad?"

The class' resident moodmaker and Min Ji's bestfriend, Park Chanyeol, was rather very lively that day, an obvious and irritating contrast to the dark alley that is Lee Min Ji. He was rather a peculiar but interesting kid, topping the class even though he's barely awake during lectures and would rather spend on a bread worth a dollar rather than a 5-dollar full-course meal for lunch even though his family's wealth was bragging itself. 

"Thanks, but I'm trying to cut off." Min Ji sighed as she slides the bar of Snickers away from her. "And no, third semester trigonometry is far worse."

Chanyeol let out a grin. This was the part of Min Ji he had always fancied, despite the feeling of turmoil he gets from her - evident from her face, she would still try to make him feel otherwise. 

"Instead of moping around making people think you're the most miserable person on earth, how about we plan about the 14th?" 

Chanyeol and Min Ji had always spent every Valentine's Day together, single or committed, they vowed to be free that day, and Chanyeol always made sure she received flowers, her favorite, Carnations. Many people find it really odd that this two haven't dated, like for real, even though them being together screams ideal. It was a lingering issue for Park Chanyeol, he was after all, interested in Min Ji ever since the day she agreed to exchange ice creams because he didn't like mint chocolate 15 years ago, hell, interested wasn't even close to what he was actually feeling, because he knew, he had always knew, he wanted to be Min Ji's first and last, but great thanks to Byun Baekhyun for smashing his dreams away. He could've easily said he liked her countless times, but he had always held himself back, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter