Tao - Panda, Panda Dance!

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, alone, as I continued to cry over my now ex-boyfriend. We've been together for two years and just one misunderstanding sent all of those long years crumbling down. Why does it have to be this way? Why am I so unlucky in love?

My phone kept on ringing and I knew it wasn't him. He had a different ringtone in my phone. It was Tao, my best buddy, and he is now calling me nonstop just to check how my date with my boyfriend ended up. Tao never actually liked my boyfriend, he said he was too much of a player and he's been telling that the only reason why he went out with me is because I was willing to do his science project. But I did not believe Tao then, I thought that I could change him no matter what and that he really was this time, the one for me. Although Tao did not like the idea of me sticking with my boyfriend, he had nothing else to do but to just be there as my bestfriend, to support me in the success of my relationship. I couldn't blame Tao for thinking that way though, because my ex-boyfriend had a reputation of a playboy and he really was, I knew. But I was just too stupid enough to think he wasn't out of my love for him. Even though I know for myself I was already being cheated on by him, I fooled myself into believing he's just studying with his friends. And I know I was the dumbest and stupidest girlfriend to think that way. But what can I do? I was helplessly in love that I couldn't go on hating him.

I called a taxi and went to the usual club I go to everytime I want to go drinking. Tao knows I drink, he's not opposed to it though, he just doesn't want me to go drinking alcohol with the amount I couldn't handle. Tao knows how wild I get and how much of a trouble I am when I'm super drunk and he's the only one that could stop me. He did things that could make me calm down for some reason. 

Alcohol was my analgesic and my sedative. It relieves me from the pain and makes me forget about it at least for a few hours or so. It wasn't my anesthesia though, it wasn't enough to make me numb from all these s that I go through everytime with a guy. 

"Alone, again?" The club owner who was a very good friend of mine greeted me as soon as he saw me sitting alone all by myself in front of the bar.

"Pretty much." I replied.

"Spill." He said as he sat down beside me.

"We're over." I mumbled.

"Who with?"

"Oh come on, we both know who we're talking about." I shrugged.

"Then good." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back away from the bar table.

"He's just not for you, honey, I can tell." 

"But...But I love him." I whispered to myself and then eventually buried my face on my hands.

"There...there...." He went closer to me, hugged me and gave me continuous pats on the head. "It's time you think about yourself sweetie and believe me, that guy definitely does not deserve someone like you. You deserve better sweetheart, and I know that any man would be lucky to have you as his girlfriend, you just have to wait for the right one to come and prove it to you. Hm?" 

"But it is so hard..." I started to cry.

"I know, sweetie, I know." He said as he tightened his embrace around me. "As my treat for you for finally letting go of that good-for-nothing jerk, get any drink you want, my treat." He smiled.

"No matter how many?" I asked.

"No matter how many." He affirmed then he planted a quick kiss on my cheek and danced his way back to the dancefloor.

He's gay by the way. Unless you haven't noticed yet.

Five shots of vodka, three shots of whisky and two of tequila was enough to get me all tipsy and intoxicated. I literally had everything around me shape-shifting constantly and twirling around like ice cream. I was very dizzy but I was enjoying myself. The short moment of forgetting the pain.

I laid my head over at the bar counter for a while as I watched the people in the dancefloor. All the shimmering green, yellow, blue, red neon lights beamed the dancefloor to life. Everybody was laughing, screaming, chattering and dancing nonstop to the beats by the DJ. Some people were already getting intimate, touching their partners relentlessly here and there. Some people were dancing wildly against different people, not minding whether they were getting on someone's nerves or not. Some were just chilling inside the dancefloor, making small talks with some other people with a shotglass on their left and the other, busy with cigarette. I looked over to my right, there were people who prefer to just sit down and have some several drinks rather than involving themselves with animals on the dancefloor. They were smoking cigarettes, chatting with different people too and some were ridiculously making out and flirting with their partners. The scene was enough to send the vile liquid from my tummy to rise up to my esophagus. But I've managed to prevent the incoming mess my body suggested.

I looked over to my left again, I'd rather see these people dancing than to actually see people having right before me. But to my surprise, a giant panda replaced my view of the dancefloor.

"What are you doing Mr. Panda? *hiccup* You're blocking my view!" I yelled as I tried moving the panda away.

The panda did not respond, he just stood there, motionless and awaited my next move. 

"Want a drink Mr. Panda? *hiccup*" I asked as I reached out for a shot of vodka before him.

The panda then looked at what I offered and eventually raised his paw up and reached the shotglass and slowly placed it back at the bar counter.

"You...don't want... a drink?" I asked.

Panda shook his head.

"Then what are you here for?"

Panda then raised his paw up to his head and started motioning like he was thinking. And then suddenly his paw grabbed my arm and the panda started pointing at the dancefloor.

"You want to dance?" I asked. My eyes now half-closed, ready to fall down any minute now.

Panda nodded.

"I don't know...*hiccup* Mr. Panda."

The panda did not respond, he just instead tightened his grasp around my arm and started dragging me all the way to the middle of the dancefloor. The people made way for the panda and me, of course, they had to or they'd have their body squished off by his huge and puffy tummy. The moment we were given a space in the middle of the dance floor, the panda, without further ado, started strutting his body to the music. His wiggle and cute little hip s captured the attention of the people on the dance floor and soon after, they were all cheering for the panda. The huge crowd that formed around the panda made the two of us separate, but I didn't mind, I was having my own fun without the panda as well.

I threw myself to different people as I continued to dance crazy. I was uncontrollable, I was like on , high, that even though I knew perfectly what was going on, I was having too much fun to get myself to pause and stop from continuing my craziness. I was having the time of my life. Because I was too drunk, I wasn't able to keep track of the people who I was dancing with. May it be a girl or a guy or a pole, I don't know, I just continued to give crazy moves and enjoyed the feeling of being perfectly single!

Who needs that guy anyway? There are a lot of guys who want me, it's not just him! So why should I even bother my time with him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter