Kai - One Rainy Afternoon

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong In. My first boyfriend, my first love. 

He was a rather shy boy, when he met my family, he barely talked.  He would mostly just either nod or smile and shake his head in response to all of the questions thrown at him. My dad thought he was gay, but my mom thought he was rather cute. But they both weren't opposed to seeing me with him, out of all the contrasting ideas they have towards him, there is one thing they've agreed upon on, they were both sure Jong In's a nice guy. And I couldn't agree more.

We're very different, actually. We have different personalities, different likes and dislikes. But I guess it's true what they say, opposites do attract. Jong In's very shy, I'm not. He's very studious but I have my books smothered in saliva for sleeping on them as I "study". He's very in to sports while I play basketball like a potato. He hates sweets but I eat cakes while I sleep. These differences surprisingly don't lengthen the distance between us but rather they brought us closer, making us one. We might disagree with each other sometimes because of these differences but our similarity of being an understanding person teaches us how we should handle everything nicely together. 

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hi." I smiled as well. 

Jong In always waited for me after school - We aren't in the same high school anymore, he ended up getting himself enrolled in an all-boys school for his third year. We both, after all, live on the same street so he always make sure we go home together. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked as he slid both of his hands down inside his pockets.

I shook my head. "No, not really. We ate a lot of barbecue for lunch."

"I can see that." He chuckled as he playfully eyed me down from head to toe.

"Are you saying I'm fat?" I hit him on his right arm. 

"No, I was kidding. But if you are then what's wrong?" He continued chuckling.

"Girls are very sensitive when it comes to body issues, you might as well know." I crossed my arms.

"Look, even if you're the fattest girl on earth, I'd still love you, okay? I did not go out with you just because you were pretty..."

"And cute." I cut him off.

"And cute..." He repeated.

"And charming." I added.

"And charming... but because you were nice to me and you made me feel I was loved. That's what really matters, right?" He chuckled as he slowly put an arm around me eventually leaving a light peck in my forehead.

"But I wouldn't want to be the fattest girl on earth though, even if I love food..." I curled my brows.

"I'm sure you won't be." He laughed.

We then headed towards the bus stop where we'd wait for the bus that passes by our street. It would usually take us 10 minutes or so to wait for our bus. They're very rare and they have limited operations everyday. But the bus was an easier option for commuting to and fro school, the train would be so jam-packed before and after school and being labeled as a petite girl, I don't even know how I'd even survive inside it.

He always let me sit by the window. He said it would be better if he could be on my side for support if ever I'd fall asleep. Wasn't he sweet? Because I usually doze off for a few minutes and I bobble my head around very often when I do, he dislikes seeing me like that so he'd have my head leaning down on his shoulder everytime I wanted to sleep. 

"It's pouring." I said as I curled myself under his arm, eyes completely set out towards the window. "I forgot to bring an umbrella, did you?"

He thought for a moment and then he eventually opened his bag and searched for an umbrella. "I forgot to bring one too." He gasped.

"Guess we'd just have to make a run for it." I smiled and then slowly swiped my fingers across his torso for a hug.

Fifteen minutes later, the bus made a stop two blocks away from our street. It's the last stop and we have to get off of the bus unless we wanted another round of ride for an hour or so. 

"No umbrella?" The driver said as soon as he saw Jong In putting his uniform's polo right over my head.

Jong In just made a smile and shook his head. "I'm afraid we don't have one."

"Where do you two kids live?"

"Our street's two blocks away from here." He replied with a very courteous tone.

"I guess I can drive you children up to there, but I'm afraid I can't take you straight to your houses." The man replied with a grin.

"Thank you sir" Jong In and I bowed down as we thanked the generous man for his offer.

It does help us, bigtime. At least we won't be soaking ourselves in heavy rain for long. 

"Take care of yourselves, dry yourselves up the moment you get home, okay?" The driver said as he opened the bus' door for us.

"We will, thank you." Jong In bowed down again.

Then as we were about to go out, I raised my heels up just so I can bring his polo to cover his head too. I was 6 inches shorter, so much to my dismay. "You ready?"

Jong In did not say anything, he just smiled at me, pulled me closer to him, one hand on top of my head and one firming the polo right above his head for temporary cover. Then together, we ran off from the bus and into the empty street with raindrops falling rapidly and heavily on the two of us.

"Hey." He called my attention as we ran.

"What?" I giggled.

"Would you like to stop by my house? Perhaps dry yourself... there?" He asked with several pants in a second interval.

"What?" I asked again. I wasn't able to hear him quite well, the heavy rain and my continuous pants were blocking my hearing.

"Would you like to stop by at my house before you go home?" He asked again, now with a louder voice.

"But won't I be trouble?"

"I'm by myself for tonight." He replied.

Now we're nearing his house, his house was closer than mine but he would usually just pass by it and walk me home first before he goes home. He was right, no one was home, no lights were from inside. Where's his mom? Isn't she supposed to be home?

Jong In got his keys immediately out from his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter