Xiumin - The Street Fighter

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin and I have been together for almost a year now, but our relationship wasn't official. It wasn't because there were disagreements in our family, nor with both of us, it was because he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, yet. 

But putting that aside, Xiumin and I both share a passion for videogames and our ultimate favorite videogame's Street Fighter. Yup, Capcom. The famous Street Fighter where Ryu, Chun Li, Dhalsim, Cammy, Ken and the others made videogame history. Personally, I'm a Japanese at heart. I love everything in Japan. Its culture, its people, everything! Damn I even learnt Japanese just so I could understand Anime and JPop without having to read down subtitles or translations for them. I do read manga, I even have some original mangas shipped here in China. And before I forget, I do some cosplay too and I collect anime figures! Costly? Pretty much, but my parents understand me, it's the least they can do for their only daughter.

Xiumin knew how passionate I was for everything made in Japan and he gives me his one hundred percent support, he's only after the videogame though, it was his favorite ever since he was young and it was nice enough that he has me as a good competition when playing with it. Oftentimes, when he calls me for a date, I knew what it meant and if you're guessing it's a fancy dinner at some restaurant or a perfect movie together or just a normal stroll at some mall or park, you got it all wrong, our date's a videogame fight, and when it's videogame fight we spend the rest of the night playing Street Fighter.  I actually don't have anything to complain though, cause we both love what we do. We still have dinner together, only, they're chips and sodas, not steak and champagne. 

"Ready to lose?" Xiumin chuckled as he sat beside me with a controller tightly trapped in his hands.

By the way, just so you guys know, we play at Xiumin's house's basement. His dad's a Marvel collector and he has the entire basement as his collection gallery. All of his The Avengers collection, from life-sized dummies down to small teacups designed with each character's face, are all neatly displayed here at their basement. Plus, his comics, DVDs, CDs, are all neatly filed in the rack next to this big flat screen. And underneath this big flat screen is a DVD player, a Wii, a Sony PS3 and an XBox, all shared by Xiumin's dad and him. Xiumin's more of a Capcom guy while his dad's all Marvel. But what's cute about it is that they share the same passion for collecting. And it is kind of unique in some way, because some guys with their dads often have their father-and-son bonding time with operating a car or sulking themselves in sports. But these guys, they compete in videogames and collections.

"Just learnt how to release Chun Li's ultimate kill kick. So, as if I'd lose." I smirked.

"Guess tonight would be Ryu versus Chun Li yet again." He laughed then he the TV screen and the PS3.

Another thing, my favorite Street Fighter character's Chun Li and his is Ryu. So, we kinda complement each other. Just in case you guys don't know, fans of Capcom pair the two up quite frequently and link them romantically.

​"Hadouken! Hadouken! Shoryuken!"

"Hyakuretsukyaku! Kikoken! Hazanshu!"

3 minutes of gameplay. GAME OVER. Chun Li wins!

"Ha! Told you, as if I'd lose." I pushed my tongue out and playfully mocked Xiumin.

"That was merely my warm-up, don't get your hopes up too high." He smirked.

"Warm-up...yeah, right."

And believe me when I say everytime both of us wanted a rematch because we lost, we would always do a rematch no matter what, none of us wanted to lose to each other. 3 AM and we're still not finished with business. Current status? 29-29. 

"My eyes hurt." I complained as I started rubbing my eyes.

"One last game, one last game." He raised his index finger up.

"Of course, I wouldn't want a tied competition." I raised an eyebrow.

But in the end, it was I who won. Like hell I'd back down. It was in the last game that I finally revealed my newly developed Chun Li skill. Her ultimate killing kick! Man that was worth like 40 combos! One wrong move of keeping yourself wide open for attack would already mean a knock out for Chun Li's one of a kind attack. Xiumin did not see that one coming, his jaw dropped wide open the moment the game ended just like that without him even landing a single punch or kick on my Chun Li.

"Still reigning." I smiled as I put my controller down. My controller was undoubtedly heated up, like it just got out of a hot broth. 

"That was... that was awesome!!! Yeah!!! How did you learn that?!" Xiumin asked, excited.

"From Bruce Lee!" I joked.

And then the both of us bursted into laughter. You guys might think it's a little weird, actually a lot of people do find it weird when both of us make a Capcom joke or something and we'd laugh our asses off because of it and the people around us who were actually just eavesdropping couldn't get the joke at all. We have like our own jargon or something. Words and conversations that only the two of us know.

After our every game, even if it's 4 or 5 in the morning, Xiumin will always take the initiative to take me home. My dad disapproves of me sleeping at their house unless we become official. Well, he is right after all, he's still not my boyfriend, so, it's better if I don't act too much of an assumed girlfriend. If you guys are ever wondering why were still not together and why I haven't made ways on making us official, believe me, I've done a lot of possible ways to do it. But he discloses the topic almost immediately, as if he wasn't interested at all. Well, I understand if he's not ready, he could tell me honestly, but what I don't get is that he doesn't bother saying anything at all, for a year, he doesn't tell me if he's ready to be committed to me or not, he doesn't tell me whether he's tired of me or what, get it? I mean, he's just there, continuing to be as sweet as he can be towards me, and only to me, so that makes me special, but how come he's been staying at that status for so long? I haven't even had my kiss with him yet! And the only intimacy I had with him so far was a 10-second hug! But, thinking again, I'm still not his girlfriend, so why bother concerning myself with that?

"Good Night." He smiled at me as he finally walked me at our front door.

"G-Good Night." I smiled again.

"What's wrong? Are you sad?" He reached his hand out to my face. 

"Xiumin...I-" 

What are you doing, Minhee? Tell him! Tell him directly how bad you wanted to be his girlfriend! Tell him you're so tired of waiting and you wanted to be called his own right at this moment! Tell him how much you love him and how much you've dreamt of being called his girlfriend. Tell him how much you wanted to be held in his arms as he whispers 'I love you'. Tell him! Tell him!

"What?" He continued to smile.

Without thinking twice, I rested my hands both on his puffy and adorable cheeks, leaned over and buried my lips against his. It lasted for a few seconds or so, but as I realized he wasn't returning my kiss, I shamefully backed away from him.

"I-I'm sorry. I just... I just needed to do that... I just- I'm sorry." I stuttered as I buried my face in both of my hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter