Sehun - The Nurse is Out

EXO ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun. It was towards the end of middle school when I realized a boy named Oh Sehun actually existed in our class. I never really had the chance to talk to him, maybe because I was always sitting in front and him at the back. He doesn't have a lot of friends at school, too. It's like he was just in school purely because he wanted to study, nothing else.

I graduated from middle school and got accepted in a prestigious high school over at Seoul. The competition for slots was very tight, they only accept quite a small amount of freshmen, and as far as I know, I'm the only one from our class who got in, miraculously. First day of classes and we were all sitting quietly on our seats, avoiding awkward eye contact with new faces, waiting for our instructor to come when a loud thud from the back door brought the classroom to life.

"Sorry." A guy who was attractively tall and was wearing a pair of glasses said as he calmly walked towards the right corner back seat and sat on it soon after.

It was Oh Sehun. The little, quiet kid who wore huge glasses that almost covered his face back in middle school, Oh Sehun, is in my class yet again! (And I thought I was the only one who passed the entrance exams for this high school) But how come he grew so much over the summer? And not to mention, he grew more attractive as well, only if he could take the glasses off and have some personality makeover for a change. He caught me catching a glimpse of him, but he looked away almost immediately after seeing me. What the hell was that? Shouldn't he at least smile at the sight of a familiar face? Ugh, now I can understand why he doesn't have a lot of friends.

"Do you know him?" The girl from my left asked me.

"Uhm... I- I guess. We attended middle school together." I smiled.

"Was he as attractive back in middle school as today?" She excitedly asked.

"Uh....I-I guess?" I faked a smile.

Oh great. Now that one knows I know the guy because we attended middle school together, I'm sure I'd be a fresh bait for his soon-to-be fangirls.

Sehun and I never spoke to each other even now in high school and he was the same, never really the friendly kid. Even though a lot of people wanted to befriend him, he would just coldly send them away and ask them to never approach him again. I guess, some girls sort of dig his ice cold character. They like getting challenged, the longer the wait, the sweeter the prize. The idea's repelling for me though, I'm scared of him.

Junior year came and Sehun and I were still classmates, surprisingly. Is it fate's joke upon me? It knows Sehun and I couldn't get along well, why is it still aligning our path? The first meeting in gym class was free-play. We were free to play any sport indoors. My friends and I already agreed on playing volleyball for the free play, actually, all the girls did as well, while the boys settled with of course, basketball. I would rate myself a 7 out of 10 with playing volleyball. I'm not an excellent player but the ball doesn't hate me either. 

"Look at him, look at him." One of my friends relentlessly shook my arm as she pointed at Sehun who was playing basketball. "Isn't he cool?"

Sehun was surprisingly good at playing basketball, something I wouldn't expect from a tall, skinny and timid guy. But from a moment there, I thought he looked cool, in his gym clothes, hair almost soaked with sweat, laughing, talking and having fun with other boys in our class. If only he could show this playful and friendly side of him more, then I might just consider changing my views of him.

"Hey! The ball!" Someone shouted.

I was too occupied with watching Sehun play basketball with the other guys that I didn't realize the volleyball was coming straight at me. I immediately got to my senses, jumped as high as I could and aimed for a spike. I was able to hit the ball, only, I foolishly twisted my ankle upon my landing, lost balance and fell down hard on the cold floor.

"Are you okay?!" All of the girls came rushing towards me.

I could also see some of the guys stopped playing and ran towards me to check what's happened.

"Are you alright? Can you stand?" The gym instructor asked me as she helped me up and lent support.

"A-ow." I groaned as I tried to move my right leg. Great. A sprained ankle and a swollen thigh, just great.

"Can anybody accompany her to the school clinic? She needs immediate medical attention! Uh....." The instructor grabbed her students list and browsed through it, searching for someone who could accompany me to the clinic since I couldn't stand and walk on my own. "Mr. Oh? Oh Sehun? Are you here?" The instructor continued.

"Here." Sehun said, left hand raised up. He was now back with his glasses on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter