009

A Child's Game

January 9th, 1989

Luhan felt very uncomfortable. 

He was back at the Oh's household, helping the rest of the staff to prepare a meal for the mayor, his sons and his wife, when there was a knock at the door. The maids had disappeared to start cleaning up the backyard and cook was manning the kitchen, the butlers were in the meeting room with Mr. Oh, so that left Luhan to answer the door. 

To his unfortunate sight, the mayor, his wife and his three sons, including Jongin, were standing there. Jongin kept on staring deeply at him and Luhan was beginning to be slightly creeped out. 

Luhan bowed and flashed a brilliant smile that sort of created a lump in Jongin's throat. 

"Good evening," Luhan greeted. Then he stepped aside to let them in. Once they were in, he helped them take off their coats and put them on the coat hanger. He was a bit nervous when it came to Jongin's turn, but Jongin seemed to have out a bit, so Luhan felt a bit more at ease. But Luhan couldn't help but notice how broad Kai's shoulders were. He looked at his own and pouted a bit. Even after working so much, he still had a small figure. 

Then Luhan led the Kim's to the dining table, where the maids were beginning to lay down the utensils and some food were coming in.

"It smells great, doesn't it?" the mayor smiled and turned to his wife for her opinion. His wife nodded in agreement and took a deep breath in. 

"Smells better than our house," she said. Then after hesitating for a bit, she said, "Maybe we should just come here for lunch every day?"

Jongin's eyes went wide. 

"It would be an absolute honor to have you over," Luhan replied and the Kim couple smiled at him.

"I've seen you around here a lot lately, but we've never caught your name," Mr. Kim said, looking intrigued. 

"My name is Luhan, sir," Luhan bowed a bit. "But don't be too interested in me. The Oh's will be here in a second, I will go check."

Luhan walked off down a corridor and Jongin watched him go. Suddenly he was bored and so he started to fiddle around with his fork and knife. 

 

"Luhan!" 

Luhan turned around and saw Sehun running towards him at top speed. Luhan's eyes went wide and thought about how to balance himself, but it was too late and the tall fourteen year old collided into him and they both fell to the floor. 

"Master, are you alright?!" Luhan frantically asked as he helped pull them up.

"Of course I am, but what about you? You broke my fall," Sehun said. Then he looked behind Luhan and checked his backside. Then he poked Luhan's and Luhan squeaked a bit. "Did you hurt yourself there?! Do you want me to find something to ease the pain?!"

"Um...Master, it's no problem. Ah, the Kim's are down in the dining room and they are waiting for y-"

"Is Jongin there?"

"Um, well yes, but-"

Sehun moved closer and placed his hand on Luhan's shoulder and gripped hard. 

"You listen to me, don't you dare go near him. You don't answer him, I will answer for you. You do not offer him anything, nor do you hand him anything, you got it?!" Sehun ordered. Luhan nodded frantically and then Sehun released his grip. "I will assign a maid to him." Then Sehun began to run to the main hall, leaving Luhan behind. Luhan sighed before walking patiently back to the room. 

"Oh our Sehunnie has grown up!" Mrs. Kim cooed when Sehun entered the room. Luhan shook his head to himself. More than you know, he thought. 

"Yes, you have grown taller! Almost as tall as our Jongin," Mr. Park added. Luhan giggled silently to himself when he saw Sehun trying to calm down his internal battle. 

"One day I'll be taller," Sehun smiled, a smile that seemed a little too menacing to be called sincere. 

"Well then, sit down!" Mrs. Kim cried and Sehun took his seat, which was on a diagonally opposite from Jongin's. He was happy that he didn't have to make eye contact with him. Then Sehun side glanced and saw the maid, Jessica, whispering something to Luhan.

Luhan moved out of the shadows and approached the table.

"Excuse me, Master, but Miss Hyuna and her family are attending tonight as well," Luhan whispered, leaning down to whisper in the seated boy's ear. Secretly, Sehun reached out and squeezed Luhan's hand lovingly and stared into his eyes directly. Luhan was frozen, sort of shocked by the affection at such a risky time.

Jongin glanced up from his fork and knife to see Sehun gazing up at Luhan, staring into his eyes. He gulped and tried to look away, but the smile on Sehun's face and then close aproximaty of their bodies was too distracting for him. Jongin ended up pinching himself to remind himself to behave.

"Okay then, work hard, Luhan, but not too hard!" Sehun gave the thumbs up and Luhan blushed, nodded and then quickly rushed off, fanning his face.

"So, Miss Hyuna is coming to join us?" Mrs. Kim asked. Sehun nodded in reply. "She's a really nice girl. I heard you both will be getting married soon."

Jongin looked up.

Sehun dropped his utensils.

Luhan froze in mid walk.

"Pardon?" Sehun asked, sounding slightly off.

"I thought..." Mrs. Kim drifted off and then she realised her mistake, covering . "Ignore everything I said! I was only thinking of myself and on my thoughts."

"No, continue to think how you like," Sehun replied. He quickly turned around and when he saw Luhan there, staring back at him with a slightly shocked expression he felt like he was put into the spotlight. What should he say to Luhan? What will assure him? Does Luhan even care? It didn't matter, because Sehun quickly got up and walked towards Luhan, grabbing his wrist and pulling him into the dark hallway.

"Master Sehu-"

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked, grabbing Luhan by the shoulders.

"I am really fine, Master," Luhan insisted.

"You're really not hurt?"

"Wait, so it's real?" Luhan asked. he knew he shouldn't be asking these kind of questions, but he realised that at that moment, it was their moment. The moment where they were equal.

"I won't lie to you and say I haven't heard of the arrangement," Sehun replied. Luhan wasn't shocked at all. In fact, he was even slightly elated. The sooner Sehun got married, the sooner this game would end.

"Congratulations, Master Sehun." Luhan bowed and gave Sehun a sincere smile. Sehun cocked his head to the side.

"Don't you feel jealous?" Sehun asked. Luhan shook his head, still wearing that smile.

"I only wish all the best for you and Miss Hyuna and I hope that you will bear many so-" Luhan was cut off, when Sehun had suddenly wrapped him in his arms, pulling him into a hug.

"I wish you were jealous," Sehun said, smiling sadly behind Luhan's back. He wrapped his arms more tightly around Luhan, knowing that Luhan's arms were dead by his side.

"Why so?" Luhan asked.

"Because I like you."

"Master Sehun, as I must remind you, you are just in a phase."

"Please Luhan...please don't say that to me. Don't underestimate what I feel."

Luhan was frozen. His mind was running circles around the sentence. He didn't know what to feel himself. The phrase made him warm. He liked knowing he was loved. He liked knowing that he wasn't garbage, that he wasn't some left over orphan, that he wasn't just a servant.

Then Sehun leaned in even closer. So close, that their noses were touching. Luhan took a deep breath in silently.  

"You don't know how crazy you make me on the inside," Sehun whispered. His warm breath upon Luhan's face made Luhan blush. He tried to pull away.

"Master...we can't do this here, it's indecent-"

But Sehun had already captured Luhan's lips. His arms automatically s its way around the elder's fragile waist and pulled him in, sharing their body warmth. Even though Luhan was just practically standing there, Sehun made up for it, by conveying his emotions into the kiss.

The kiss was soft, gentle, yet a little forced.

Understand my heart.

Don't underestimate it.

What I feel for you is no joke. Feel it.

These kinds of forced emotions. Luhan could feel Sehun's desperation. But it was too fast, a bit too pressuring. He couldn't handle the weight of Sehun's unrequited love. A really messed up unrequited love. 

A really...really...really...really...messed up...unrequited...love.

Luhan had already melted into Sehun's arms. This didn't serve as much as a problem, but more as a bonus for Sehun, as he stole the opportunity to hold him tighter. Sehun tilted his head to the side, trying to give access for their awkward head angle. Luhan felt like crying. He didn't want to give in to the younger. He wanted to kick out, run and keep running. He wanted a life without Sehun. A life that was less troublesome. But he was Sehun's servant and he had no choice. 

For that one single moment, he hated his parents. Hated his parents for giving him up. Making him alone like this. Leaving him alone. Making him grow up without knowing the true feeling of a mother and father's love. If they hadn't given him up, where would he have been now? Poor and on the streets? Would that have been better than his current life?

Luhan admitted it. He was selfish. He was desperate and hungry for the love of others. Luhan wanted the entitled love that was stripped from him. 

His love was stripped from him by choice. 

Not by force.

By choice. 

To choose to go in, doesn't mean you choose to get out. 

Luhan was stuck in this world where fairness was a kid's word that they used when you play a game. 

Now he's playing a child's game, which he chose to play. It's fair and has it's pushes and pulls. But he can't just choose to go out. It's not that simple. While Sehun was by his side, he could never be free.

Luhan think this. 

But Sehun was the problem. 

He held the key to Luhan's freedom. 

But Sehun wants Luhan by his side. 

With this, Luhan can never be free.

I can never be free, Luhan thought. All of a sudden, a tear rolled down his cheek. 

Sehun felt something wet against his face and when he pulled back, Luhan still had his eyes closed, but there was now a trail of liquid down his face. All of a sudden, there was the sound of glass breaking and Luhan and Sehun turned towards the entrance of the hallway.

Jongin was standing there, the most shocked expression on his face. 

"Y-Y-You...k-kiss..." Jongin managed to squeak.

"No, you saw nothing," Sehun replied, giving him a hard glare. Then Sehun turned to Luhan and Luhan flinched a bit. Sehun noticed a frowned. But then he reached out and his arm subtly. 

"Go back to your room. You are dismissed for the night," Sehun whispered. Then Sehun began to walk towards Jongin. When they were only a metre apart, Sehun whispered to him, "Clean up your mess."

Jongin didn't seem to process that. He could only look at Luhan with a shocked look, and Luhan looked back at him with a guilty face. But then Luhan turned around and began to walk away, disappearing around the corner of the hallway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Well!

I decided to make this new fanfic. 

More Than a Phase

(featuring Baekyeol)

Pretty much, nine year old Chanyeol confesses his love to Baekhyun, but Baekhyun coldly rejects him. Then Baekhyun leaves Chanyeol, leaving him heartbroken.

However, even though Baekhyun had gotten over it long ago, Chanyeol hadn't and is coming back to redeem himselfa nd humiliate the person he once loved the most.

 

Well that was an introduction on my new fanfic!

 

 

Anyways, onto the comments.

0312_luLuEXOtics - Triangles are cool. Hexagons are cooler. 

ShawolSonElfGF - Well you sure do get excited, now don't you?

Tika_Pyro - Hehe. Well...

walkingDead - I'm sorry, but I really wanted to reply to you because of your username. I...it creeps me out. I watched the movie and had nightmaries for about half a year. Not that I don't like you as a person though...

hcheartjkpop - Lol. 'Treat Luhan like a human and not like a slave even though he is one.'

iheartminwoo - well, I've updated now!

Sehunny - yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dacupcakeeater - well it can't be the best. What about Revolution? And 'Falling in love with someone else' and 'The Moment I Met You' Gah. Thank you though for the hyperbole flatter.

ReenieRabbit - that's a cool emoticon. 

Th3LyR1CsL0V3r - Thank you! *bows*

Anoniem_Anime - I've already replied to your comment, but I'd still love to say thank you. Thank you for appreciating my fanfic.