0 8 .

You Are The Only One

A day to go before your group submission, yet nothing has completed. It was already 200AM but you were still wide awake, working on the assignment and waiting for Baekhyun's part. But nothing came into your inbox. Finally, feeling the need of a quick nap, you hopped on your bed at 430AM, few hours to go before the sun arise and you have morning classes to attend.

As usual, your Monday starts with your business class and you are going to see Baekhyun. He was classically late for his 1st class and he quickly slipped beside you. You ignored him as you were very sleepy due to lack of sleep. 
He nudged your arm, but you don't move. You kept on doodling in your notebook instead of taking the notes.

"Ah, so you are not really a good student that jot down notes. You are just pretending to be one." Baekhyun whispered. 

You rolled your eyes in annoyance. "Shut up. I'm not in the mood."

"You are never in the right mood."

You shot him a glare and immediately he moved away from you and stayed quiet for the whole class. When he was about to leave the class, you called his name and he turned around. 
"What?"

"Can you send me your part tonight before 200AM?" 

He frowned, as he did not understand a word. "Send what?"

"Your part."

"Which part of me do you want?" He teased. 

You were about to lose yourself when suddenly his father suddenly came into the class. He was a Professor at the university but seeing him around at your block is very weird. You bowed and quickly got out from the class. You mouthed 'I'll text you later' to Baekhyun before leaving the two of them behind. 

"What's the business?" Baekhyun asked in a cold voice. 

Professor Byun closed the door behind him and sat at the empty chair. "You have caused a lot of troubles these days, son. Are you that bored?"

Baekhyun sighed heavily. "I did not cause any trouble dad."

Prof. Byun scoffed as he tried to compose himself in front of his only son. "They have been talking about it son. You fought with Soobin in the hallway and you are trying to get my secretary's number? Mrs. Ahn is already married!"

Baekhyun sighed and put his hand up in defense. "Okay. The first one was true that we fought but she starts it first. I even have cuts on my precious face and I have a bald spot because of her! And the second one was a joke. It was a dare. That's it."

Prof. Byun sighed in relief when he has heard his son's explanation. He got up and unlocked the door. 
"Stay low okay son. Oh, we have to go somewhere this Wednesday."

"I have classes dad."

"You are so used to skip classes. I knew you son."

Baekhyun choked on his own saliva and he was coughing badly. "Dad!"

Prof. Byun laughed. "See you at home."

 

***

"You look terrible Soobin." Jaebum said as he came with two canned coffee in his hand. You decided to skip lunch and took a quick nap in Jaebum's car. 

You took the canned coffee and quickly drank it in one shot. Jaebum crunched his nose when he looks at you gulped it down in one go. "I slept at 400AM because of the stupid extra assignment. I waited for Baekhyun's part but he did not send it. 

"Make sure he send it to you today. When is the due?"

"Tomorrow. I swear if he does not send his work by tonight I am going to burn his car tomorrow!"

"He's riding a bike now. It was freaking cool. You know what type of motorcycle that he rides? It is freaking Ducati Hypermotard SP! In black!"

You eyed Jaebum for the whole time and when he saw your glare, he stopped and act innocent. "What?"

"Shut up. I'm trying to get my beauty sleep, okay?"

Jaebum scoffed as he reached for a blanket from the backseat and draped it over you. 
"Thanks! You are the best!"

"Right? I'm the best, right? Now let us date."

You smacked his head real hard that makes him wince. 

"Quiet! I want to sleep! Turn on the radio please."

Without saying anything, Jaebum the radio at a low volume but you wanted it to be louder, so he increased the volume. And it was too loud for you. 
"Gosh! What do you want Soobin?" He yelled in frustration. 

"It is too loud! Do you think I can sleep?" You decreased the volume to the initial volume that you claimed it to be too low. 

Jaebum was speechless. "Y..y..a..you.."

"Shhh!" 
Jaebum lowered his seat and quickly took out his phone and soon, you already dozed off. 

***

After you have showered later that night, you quickly sat in front of your laptop and continue where you left yesterday. Your mum came into your room after knocking twice. She placed a cup of hot chocolate and doughnuts beside you. 

"Thank you, Madame." You said without your eyes leaving the screen and your fingers didn't stop dancing on the keyboard. 

"Are you free this Wednesday?"

"I'm not sure. Why?"

"It's the day where Grandpa's lawyer will read his last testament. It is an important day."

Immediately you stop from doing anything and took a deep and sharp breathe before proceed. "Okay"

***

"Dude, hurry up!" Chanyeol nagged as he waited for Baekhyun in the hall along with the others. They have promised each other that they are going to the new club opening today even though it is on weekdays night. Baekhyun and Chanyeol gathered at Sehun's crib and later, they went to the club with Xiumin. 

"Sorry!" Baekhyun apologized when he was the last person to get into the car. 

Xiumin shook his head and stepped on the gas. "You are always fashionably late."

"I swear we are not going to bring you along after this!" Sehun scolded him. 

"I need to look good! Therefore, I need more time."

"You know what, don't waste your time on something that can't be changed."

Sehun was laughing madly at Chanyeol's remark. 
"What do you mean, Yoda?"

"You realized that you are not that good looking right?"

He was about to hit Chanyeol when his phone rings and it was from you. He immediately turned off the radio and picked up the call. 

'Are you working on your part?'

A sudden realization hit him when he just remembered that he needs to send his report to you by 200AM today. 'Yeah. Well. Sort of."

'Well, I'm expecting it to be in my inbox before 1200AM then.'

'Ah! Actually, I'm taking care of my father right now. He's not feeling well and my mum is out of the country at the moment. I might be a little bit late. Is that okay?'

Meanwhile, at the backseat, Chanyeol and Sehun were trying really hard not to make any sound. 

"What kind of crap is he talking about?" Sehun said in a very low voiced. 

Minseok immediately shushed him. 

'Oh, if that;s the case I will wait till morning. I just need to compile everything and print ot out.'

Baekhyun sighed in relief. 'Thanks.'

'Send my regards to him'

'Uh, yeah. Sure.'

The 3 of them immediately burst into a big fit of laughter when he finally hung up. 
"Shut up!" Baekhyun yelled in annoyance as his brow knitted together. 

"I hope Prof. Byun is doing really well !" Sehun teased. 

"Shut up, Oh Sehun! Shut up before I tear your mouth." He hissed.

__________________________________________________

You went to the office alone to submit the work and later, you walked to your next class. On your way to your class, you bumped into Baekhyun with his girlfriend.

"Hey, Baekhyun!" You called his name, making him froze immediately. You walked closer to them. 
"Is your dad doing okay?"

Baekhyun was surprised when you asked him his father's condition. He thought you wanted to yell at him or a slap on his face. Hyuna looks confused. 

"Father in-law was sick?"

"Oh? Uh... sort off." He shuttered. 

"Why you didn't tell me that he was sick?" Hyuna asked. 

Baekhyun's pupil was shaking when he could feel your eyes on him. "I, Well, You... don't need to know."

"Anyway, I know it will be rude if I were to be mad at you because you did not send me your part of the report but I'm trying to be a considerate partner here. I just submitted our work at the office."

Baekhyun blinked his eyes and a sudden guilt rushed in his vein. "Oh, thanks."

You gave him a weak smile. "No sweats." Then, you walked away, leaving the 2 of them there. 

"Babe, are you alright? You are sweating!" Hyuna asked in concerned when his sweats became visible on his forehead and part of his shirt are already wet. 

"That was close." He whispered to himself as he sighed in relief.

"What? What did you say"

***

Right after you last class that evening, you saw Sehun and Jongdae walking together in the hallway towards the lobby, and at the same time, you accidentally heard their conversation. 

"How was last night?" Jongdae asked as he fixed his bag. 

Sehun threw his arm around Jongdae's shoulder with a wide grin plastered on his face. "Last night was superb! Baekhyun totally got wasted!"

Jongdae laughed. "I'm sorry dude. I need to take care of my siblings. My parents were not around and the maids are on leave."

Suddenly, you marched towards them in anger and stopped in front of them, making them jumped in shocked. 

"Gosh Soobin! You scared us to death!" Sehun nagged. 

"Hi, Soobin." Jongdae said with an awkward hand wave. 

"What did you say just now? Baekhyun got wasted?"

Jongdae and Sehun exchanged look before Jongdae nodded. "They went to th-

"No!" Sehun interrupted as he just remembered that you thought Baekhyun was taking care of his father last night. 

"They what?" You asked in a very stern voice. 

"They..."

"Where is Baekhyun?"

Both Jongdae and Sehun shook their head, trying their best to save their best friend's life but Baekhyun ruined it when he suddenly appeared. He called out their names proudly and he even smiled widely at you. 
"Hey!" He said short. 

"You. Are. A. Piece. Of. !" You said between your teeth and you gave him a gift. A punch on his face that makes all of you winced and gasped. 

You winced because your hand hurts so badly. 

Baekhyun winced because he was being punched. 

Jongdae and Sehun winced; for nothing.  

" What the hell is that for Lee Soobin?" Baekhyun yelled. 

"That was for being such an ! You freaking lied to me yesterday when I called you!"

Baekhyun immediately looks at Sehun who was already hiding behind Jongdae and obviously he looked sorry. "You told her?" Baekhyun nagged. 

"No! It was an accident!" Sehun said in defense. 

"Dude! I thought you had my back!"

_________________________________________________________________________________________

C O M M E N T  ||  S U B S C R I B E   ||  V O T E