1 3 .

You Are The Only One

You 1 week has passed and the foods are almost finished. Baekhyun has been staring at the almost empty fridge for a while until you came up next to him.
“What are you looking at?” You asked as you are scratching your buttocks and quickly grab something to drink from the empty fridge.
Baekhyun stop you from taking the milk and you gave him a look.

“What?”

“That is the only thing left.”

You blinked as you can’t understand what is he trying to say. “So?”

“I’m hungry.”

You snatched your hand from his grip and opened the lid. Baekhyun stops you before you could drink the milk straight from the bottle.
“Are you going to drink it straight from the bottle?”

You gave him a quick nod. “What is wrong with you?”

“Have you brush your teeth?”

You smirked. “Of course no. Why? Do you want some?”
You decided to when you finally understood the whole situation here. He had his eyes on the milk for a while before you came into the kitchen.

Baekhyun closed the fridge and trying to control his cool when he was desperate. “I don’t think you can finish it all.”

“Really? You think so?”

Baekhyun snorted as you already took a gulp of milk without stopping and Baekhyun became uneasy when you almost drink it all. He tried to stop you but you managed to finish it.
You gave him a satisfied look as you threw the empty bottle into the trash.

“Are you kidding me?”

You move closer to Baekhyun and burp on his face. “Thank you for the breakfast.”

“UH! THAT’S GROSS!!” He yelled in anger as you ran back into your room and locked the door.

***

After showered, you called your mother and after few rings, she picked it up.

‘Yes?’ Your mother said as she expected it is going to be the day where you called her after 1 week.

You tossed your damp towel on the bed and walked towards the window and pushed the curtain away. ‘Mum, did you forget to give me my pocket money for this week?’

‘No dear.’

‘Then? Mum, your precious daughter is starving!’

You heard your mother sighed from the other side before she continued;
‘Soobin look, you are a married woman now and you have a husband to take care of you now. You are not our responsibility anymore.’

You scoffed at the idea of you being a married woman and the idea of Baekhyun taking care of you. ‘Mum, you expect him to take care of me? I can take care of myself!’

‘Don’t be so confident in yourself Soobin. You going to need him someday.’

‘No mum. That is nonsense.’

‘Don’t be too hard on yourself. Anyway, since we won’t give you your pocket money anymore, you two going to figure this out.’

‘How?’

‘I don’t know Soobin, ask your husband. I have to go now. Bye, darling.’

You hung up and got out from your room. Baekhyun was sitting on the couch as his fingers were moving fast on his phone. After a long phone call with the parents, both of you sighed heavily and stared blankly.

“What did your parents said?” You asked Baekhyun. But, looking at the expression, you knew the answer.

“They will not give us any pocket money since we are married.” He answered before throwing the same question at you.

With a heavy sighed, you answered; “Same here.”

 

***

 

Later that night, Baekhyun went out with his friends at Suho’s place. He has been strangely quiet that night while the others are having fun. Chanyeol and Jongdae were playing games while the others were talking loudly when Baekhyun suddenly stood up and said;
“I want to work.”

His sudden action caught his friend’s attention. Suho laughed. “What are you doing kid?”

“I need to work. I need some money to survive.”

Chanyeol threw a pillow at him and it hit Baekhyun’s head. He flinched and glared at Chanyeol.
“What are you talking about? Ask your parents for some money!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. “They won’t give any pocket money since I’m m-

“You what?” Sehun asked when Baekhyun stop in the middle of his speech.

“I’m a big boy.”

His sudden statement makes the others laughed their asses off.
Kyungsoo shook his head in disbelief as he passed a can of soft drinks to Baekhyun who looks disappointed with the reaction.
“Are you drunk?”

“I’m being dead serious right now!”

“We are being a dead serious too young man,” Minseok said as he poured himself a glass of cola.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance;
“Yixing, come on dude, don’t disappoint me like them.” He told Yixing who sat next to him.

Yixing took his time to gather himself before he looks at Baekhyun, who wanted a serious discussion about an adult life. Unfortunately, Yixing gave him a fit of laughter when he saw Baekhyun’s face.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can think straight right now!”

“I shall thank God for these bunch of idiots.” A hint of sarcasm could be heard in his voice when he loses his cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, you woke up to an empty house as Baekhyun has already left. You walked into your kitchen and there is nothing for breakfast. So, you decided to head out to the nearest supermarket. After showered, you headed out to the supermarket with a pink t-shirt and black jeans with a sandal.

With a long list of what to buy, you strolled in the supermarket, getting everything on the list.

***

“Good morning, big boy.” Jongin teased when he saw Baekhyun stood at the saloon’s door.

Baekhyun frowned when Jongin . “How much you will pay me for this?”

“I thought you are doing this for free.”

“Are you kidding me? I woke up damn early on Saturday’s morning and rushed here because you promised me a high pay!”

“I did not say a high pay. I will pay you based on your work performance.”

“Jongin, we have been friends for years!”

“It’s my sister’s shop. Not mine, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun sighed heavily as he sat on the chair while watching Jongin’s fast movement around the saloon, cleaning up before they opened the shop.

“Do you know how to do nails?”

Somehow, Baekhyun looks surprised. “Nails? Girl’s nails?”

***

With all the groceries that you managed to buy at the supermarket, you came across a nail shop while walking to the bus stop to get home.
“It has been awhile I got my nails done.”

“Welcome in Miss!”

“Oh, Kim Jongin. You work here?” You asked in surprised when Jongin greeted you warmly when you entered the shop.

He smiled shyly as he helped you with the heavy groceries. “Somehow. This is my sister’s shop. She is not around for a week so I help her around. You just got back from shopping?”

You nod while he escorted you into a small room. He lit up the scented candle and gave you a warm smile;
“I’ll send one of the staff in for you in a few minutes.”

“No rush, Jongin.”

With that, Jongin closed the curtain behind him and quickly look for any available staff to attend you. Unfortunately, only Baekhyun has nothing to do at the moment. Fast as lightning, he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and dragged him to the room.

“You have your first customer waiting. You have seen how my sister did the nails right?”

Baekhyun nods.
“But, I just saw how it was done. I have never done it before.”

“I trust you Baekhyun,” Jongin said for the last time before he shoved Baekhyun in your room. Baekhyun sighed heavily and he saw a girl’s shadow. 

“Hi, I will be doing your nails for today.” He said as he sat in front of you and prepared everything that he needs and might need later.

“What the hell?” You cursed.

Baekhyun ignored your curse and grabbed your hand as he started to apply some hand cream on your hand. You still can't believe that he's doing your nails! Because he does not look like someone will do something like this. 
"What is going on here?"

"What do you mean?" He asked without taking his eyes off your hand. 

"This, Look at you! You are working at a nail salon."

Baekhyun sighed heavily as he wiped your hands with a clean towel. "What is wrong with this job?"

"Well, th-there is nothing wrong but..."

You were being cut off by Baekhyun who suddenly asked you what color did you want. 

"I don't know." You answered short a

He rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Don't  be a kid. Hurry up! I have many clients today."

You laughed at his remark. "There is no customer when I walked in Baekhyun."

Baekhyun threw a cloth on the table and walked out from the room. Jongin who saw him walking out from the room rushed over him in concern. "I knew it, they are going to fight again!" He said to himself. 

"I'm not doing this anymore!" Baekhyun complained. 

"I'm not doing this anymore!" You mocked Baekhyun when he ran out from the room like a kid.

Jongin apologized to you and wanted to finish off Baekhyun's work but you just paid and went home. Later, Jongin dragged Baekhyun out from the room. 
"I knew it! You two will be fighting!"

"Jongin, I swear to God she's the one who starts it first."

Jongin rolled his eyes in annoyance. "You are being dramatic! I believe Soobin did not do anything." 

"Are you her friend or my friend?"

"Are we even friends?" 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 V O T E  ||  S U B S C R I B E  ||  C O M M E N T