1 7 .

You Are The Only One

Baekhyun's phone has been ringing non-stop for good 15 minutes and it annoys him. He grabs his phone and finally, he gets the call. 
"What?"

"Where are you? We have our quiz today!" Chanyeol yells and he believes that he's running to the class now. Baekhyun quickly looks at the clock and at that moment he knew, he ed up. It is already 10 AM and there is no way he is going to be there on time. The quiz starts in 10 minutes. 

He quickly gets out from his bed, grabs his helmet and running out of the house. 
10:45 AM; 
The auditorium hall's door open widely and Baekhyun is standing there. His Professor sighs and hands him the quiz and he takes a seat in front of Chanyeol. 

"Where have you been?" Chanyeol hiss. 

"Saving the world" He replies. 

"Silent!" 

***

Right after the quiz, Chanyeol and Baekhyun go to join the other friends at their usual place. Sehun is eating his lunch when they come and join the rest. 

"Make some noise if you ed up the quiz!" Chanyeol yells and the others follow. Baekhyun takes Sehun's lunch and eats it. 

"Why are you still in your PJ?" Jongdae asks. 

"I just woke up and straight away went to class." 

"So, you don't bathe?" Minseok asks. 

"Do you think he even bathes when he shows up like this?" Kyungsoo says. 

Sehun gasps. " So you don't brush teeth? And you ate my lunch? Gross!" 

Baekhyun laughs and gives Sehun his lunch back. "Thanks for the lunch" 

"Hey, can we hang out at your place tonight?" Chanyeol asks Baekhyun. 

"NO! HELL, NO BUDDY!" 

"Come on, you didn't have a proper housewarming party!" Jongin says. 

"My house is a mess and small and ... you guys don't like it!" 

"Are you hiding something from us?" Junmyeon is curious. Baekhyun has always been ignoring their request. 

Baekhyun shakes his head. "No... it's just... maybe not today. Maybe not this time around."

While they were talking, Soobin walks pass by the boys and Chanyeol calls her out. "Hey, Soobin!"

"Shut up, idiot! No noise pollution please!" Soobin yells back and walks towards Jongin. Soobin takes out a book from her bag and hands it to him. 

"Thanks for the notes." 

Jongin smiles. "No sweat." 

When Soobin leaves, the boys' eyes are all on Jongin. "What was that?" Lay asks. 

"She just wants to see my notes for our class. Chill." Jongin replies. 

_______________________________________________________________________

Right after the class has ended, Baekhyun straight went home and cooks for himself. After a long day, he needs food to fill up his tummy. He makes himself some ramen while he walks into his room to get change into his short. But, he decided to take a proper shower when he realises he has not showered yet. 

Soobin comes home a few minutes after Baekhyun gets into the shower and she smells something is burning in the kitchen. Quickly, she walks towards the kitchen and saw the pot is on fire. 

"Oh God! This just left the food on the stove? Baekhyun!" Soobin yells while she is struggling to put out the fire. After a while, the fire dies off and Baekhyun comes out with his wet hair and looking as confused as ever. 

Soobin looks at him in disbelief. "Are you insane?" 

"I was hungry but I need to shower..." He says softly. 

"Oh God! I can't believe you! You are trying to burn down the house!" 

He says nothing as he looks at Soobin cleaning up the mess. "Do you need help?" He asks, carefully. 

And Soobin flips. "Yes! Just get out of my sight. You are annoying as hell". 

Baekhyun pouts. "Fine! But I'm hungry"

"So?"

"Can cook something for me? That was the last ramen I had" 

Soobin throws the laddle into the sink and looks. Baekhyun sighs. "I'm just kidding okay. I can eat air. Have you tasted the air? Crispy."

***

While Soobin is cooking for dinner, Baekhyun walks into the kitchen and trying to get her attention. "That stew looks good." 

Soobin just sighs and scoop 2 bowls of rice. "Sit." 

Baekhyun cannot help but smile widely. "Thanks. Is it edible?" 

"Are you kidding me?" 

"Chill! I'm just joking. Gosh." Baekhyun says as Soobin hands him his rice and sits in front of him. 
The two of them had their dinner fills with an awkward silence and the raindrops fill in. Soobin looks out to the window and says; "It's raining." 

Baekhyun looks out too and back to Soobin. "Do you miss him?" He knows it is not a good start. And, he's waiting for Soobin to flips out again. 

Surprisingly, Soobin just smiles. "How could I not." 

Baekhyun is relieved. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Can't you just shut up and eat?" 

"Why are you crying. That time?" And, another strike of silence kicks in. 

"Urgh, noise pollution." 

"Please, just answer that question." 

"Why do you want to know? By any chance, do you think I'm falling for you?"

Baekhyun snorts. "No! Hell, no!" 

"Then?"

"Just. Answer it."

"Because imagine if you are gone. Who will buy the grocery for me? Who will pay for the bills? I need a monthly discount for my manicure and pedicure." Soobin explains. 

Her answers leave Baekhyun speechless. 
"Yeah. Right. You are a spoilt brat who can't do anything." 

"Said someone who freaking burnt the ramen." 

"Shut up!"

"Of course she's not worried at all. What the hell am I thinking?"