15.

You Are The Only One

Weeks have passed by and now, only a week left before the new semester starts. You woke up late that morning and when you were about to leave the house, Baekhyun came out rushing. It was raining heavily but you saw Baekhyun took his helmet. You immediately stopped his hand and he gave you a look. 
"What? I'm in a hurry."

You stared at the helmet in his hand and a horrible scene flashed. "C-Can you not take your bike today?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Why? Don't bother me. I'm late!" 

"It's raining." 

"What's wrong with you today Soobin?" He nagged before he stormed out from the unit and left you alone. You shivered at the thought of Baekhyun riding his bike in this weather, but you decided to shake that thought off from your head. 

***

It was already noon and the rain has not yet stopped.
While you were arranging the books on the shelves, you heard two girls were talking behind the shelves. 

"It has been raining since this morning! I wonder when it will stop."

"Do you know the accident happened in the neighborhood this morning?"

"Huh? Accident?"

"Hm. A guy riding his bike was severely injured!"

"Oh, my. I hope he is okay."

Your heart started beating faster than its usual pace as the negative thought flashed in your mind when you thought of Baekhyun riding his bike today. You quickly took out your phone and hit his number. But you were directed to his mailbox.
You tried Jongin's number and same, it went straight to the mailbox. Your fingers became cold when you hit Jongin's number again but it went straight to the mailbox. 

You were so lost in your thought until you did not hear a girl was asking you a question. She lightly tapped your shoulder." Excuse me, but, where can I find this book?"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay miss?"

"Uh, I'm so sorry, how can I help you?"

'Please, be safe.'

***

The rain has stopped when you finally reach home. Slowly, you walked inside, hoping he has come back from work, but the house is pitch black. Taking a deep and sharp breath, you walked inside while scrolling down your contact list, to find who else you could reach. 

"Oh God! Please, where are you?" You hissed as your hands are shaking and you hit Baekhyun's number once again. You waited patiently for him to pick up the call when the door was unlocking and Baekhyun walks in. 

"Why?" He asked shortly as he took off his black leather jacket.

"Uh? Nothing. I was just wondering why are you still alive?" You said flatly and slowly breathing when you realized you have stopped breathing the moment you saw Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun scoffed as he took off his socks while sitting on the floor. "You hate me, huh?" 

"Well, you hated me too." 

"Are you okay? You look pale." He asked as he walks closer and takes a good look at your face. You turn your head when he was examining your face and take a step back. 

"I'm fine." You answered and try to walk away from him. But his hand act faster as he grabs your wrist. 

"Liar. You look pale and... are you crying?"

You took a deep breath and look at him, straight into his eyes. "Why are you not picking up my calls?" You asked irritatedly. 

"I... I was working and my phone died after the lunch hour."

"Don't you know I was worried sick that something bad might happened to your today because it was raining and you rode your bike!"

"Wait, you called me?"

"I called you! I called Jongin! But none of you picked up my calls!" You can't help yourself anymore as you cried your eyes out. The thought of your best friend died when he was riding his bike hit you and it makes Baekhyun's heart aching, to see you crying in front of him. 

Gently, he pulls you into his arms as his arms fit perfectly around your body frame. His hand slowly creasing your hair, to comfort you. "I'm sorry to make you worry."

He can't help to feel happy that you care. 
"Have you had your dinner?" He asked as the two of you move apart from each other. 

You shake your head while wiping away your tears with the back of your hands. Baekhyun snorted at the sight of you wiping your tears like a kid. "Go and wash up. I'll cook something."

For the first time, you obeyed him. 

After showering, you come out from your room, Baekhyun is already in the kitchen in a white t-shirt and a pair of blue shorts. "What are you cooking? Need help?"

"Do you even know how to cook?"

You feel like hitting his head hard. "Don't get on my nerve. " 

"I'm done. Here, your food." He said as he placed a bowl of hot instant noodle in front of you. 

"You only going to feed me this?" 

"Don't be such a fuss! I'm good enough to cook for you rather than let you starve the whole night while crying." He teases you. 

"Shut up." 

The silence filled in the room, but it is a comfortable silence. Baekhyun has been staring at you the whole time as he has finished his noodle a long time ago. Finally, you have finished your dinner with a loud burp and that what makes Baekhyun snapped out from his daydreaming. 
"Ew!" He grossed out. 

"Thanks for the food."

You wanted to wash your bowls but Baekhyun insisted that he will clean it up for you. It would be uncomfortable for you to leave him alone, so you decided to stay around for a while. You watch his back while he washes the dishes. 
"Our semester is going to start soon." You break the silence. 

"I'll never bring the boys home. No worries. "

"Cool."

"Go and get some rest. " He said shortly after he has done with the dishes and ready to go back into his room. 

"Yeah."

"Hey" He called you out when the two of you walk in a different direction. You stop and turn around. 

"What?"

"Thank you for worrying about me. Goodnight."

You can feel your face is getting hotter and you quickly turn around, "Okay" 

Baekhyun stands still. "Just an okay? What the hell is wrong with her?" He nagged as he was expecting something more coming out from you. Before he could close his door, he heard a loud thump sound coming from your room. 

"Soobin? Are you okay?" He yelled across the living room. 

**

"Oh, what was that? Did he just say thank you? Why is my heart feels weird?" You nagged at yourself as you have been pacing around your room, trying to control your crazy heart. 

"Don't get flutter by his words! Baekhyun being Baekhyun, his words mean nothing! Get your together Soobin!" - You breathe in and out slowly while lying on your bed. 

"But it was so thoughtful of him that he cooks dinner! No! No Soobin! Don't fall for his tricks!"

"But why did I feel weird?" 

"Why is it hot tonight" You groaned as you keep rolling on your bed and eventually, you fell from your bed. 

You groaned in pain and suddenly, you heard Baekhyun called your name. "!"

"Soobin? Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Yeah. I'm good." You yelled back. 

Baekhyun opened the door and saw you on the floor. "What are you doing?"

"N-Nothing. Just sitting on the floor. I feel like sleeping on the floor tonight."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "You mean you fell from your bed."

"No!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, The floor is kind of comfortable."

"I get it. You fell. Can you stand up?" He asked as he is walking towards you and you immediately stop him. 

"I can get up on my own!" 

"Oh, okay. I was just trying to help."

You laughed awkwardly. "Thanks but no thanks."

He turns around and closed the door behind him. "She's cute" He can't help but smile as he walks to his room. 
"Goodnight!" He yells again and giggles like a little kid. 

You burry your face in the blanket and scream. "He is annoying as hell!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

SUBSCRIBE UPVOTE COMMENT