0 5 .

You Are The Only One

The funeral went well and all of your relatives are here, but they would careless about your late grandfather's death. In a week time, his will be recited by his trusted lawyer and you know that they are here just because of that.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Jaebum came to sit next to you after the ceremony. Your eyes were puffy. 

"Good I think."

Jaebum patted you on the back and spontaneously you rested your head on his shoulder. It is too much for you to handle this. It is too sudden that your brain still can't process the whole thing. Your parents have gone home. 

"Let's go. I'll send you home." Jaebum said as you two walked towards his car. 

__________________________________________________________________

"What? Wait! Is this make any sense?" Baekhyun yelled in his father's home office where his parents and their lawyers are all inside. 

"Baekhyun. I know it is ridiculous, but..."

"But what mum? Look it is 21st century now and no one ever cares about this stupid will!" Baekhyun burst in anger. 

"Baekhyun! Watch your language! It was stated in your late grandfather's will. You will never get the company if you don't-" His mum nagged. 

"Mum! That will never happen! Even in thousand years! Soobin and I are not meant together okay! You know it well. Is that ing will still valid to these days? And, who cares about the company? I've made myself clear that I don't want the company."

"The will is still valid." The lawyer intercepts. 

He sighed heavily as his hand in his hair, walking back and forth. "Baekhyun, can you stop walking back and forth? I can feel my head is spinning." His dad commented as he took a sip of his coffee. 

__________________________________________________________________

Jaebum dropped you off at your house and went straight to his since he has errands to be done. As usual, the maid welcomed you and you went straight to your room. You saw the missed calls and texts coming through your phone like crazy but you just need some times to calm down. 

As you are about to switch off your phone, a call comes through and it was unexpected. It was from Lay. You knew him since in high school but you never have any conversation that is longer than 2 words. 

'Hey.' He said short.

'Hey there.'

And a long paused. 

'Well, we are sorry for your loss. We hope you are doing okay.' 

'Uh. Thanks, guys.'

It was a short yet awkward conversation for the both of you. But his effort was appreciated. Finally, your head hit the fluffy pillow and it took you seconds to doze off. 

You did not wake up until the next morning when your maids bring the breakfast in and opened the curtain. 

"Good morning Young Lady. Will you be attending your classes today?"

You grunt as you rolled over the bed and look at the clock that strikes at 8 AM. You have another 30 minutes before your first class starts. "! Why don't you wake me up earlier? I have morning class today!"

***

After the breakfast, you went out with a plain black top with jeans and black Vans. You decided to take the bus since you don't think you could make it to the first class, so you walked down the neighborhood and on your way, you stop by a convenience store and grabbed a bottle of water and triangle kimbap. 

After you have paid for your food, you spotted a familiar car parked in front of the store. Quickly, you rushed towards the car and it was unlocked! 
Quickly, you slipped inside and waited for the owner to return. 

"Damn, you look so fine today Baekhyun!" He mumbled as he slips inside his car and checks himself out in the rearview mirror. 

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"OH MY GOD! You scared me to death! My liver just fell down!"

You snorted. 

"What are you doing in my car?"

You wiped your mouth with the back of your hand and tied up your hair into a messy bun. "Aren't you going to class?" You asked when Baekhyun has been staring at you for a while now. 

"I'm going. But why are sitting at the back? Am I your driver?" He nagged. 

"Gosh! You are noisy! Just drive okay. I'm late and you are going to be late too! Do y-

"Hi baby!" Suddenly, his car door opened and Hyuna popped in her head. You quickly hide behind the seat and Baekhyun coughed hard. He was also flustered by Hyuna's sudden visit. 

"Oh. Morning. What a nice surprise girl friend." 

Hyuna got in and buckled up her seatbelt. "Where are you going? I feel like skipping class today. Can we go somewhere else?" 

Baekhyun made a sudden eye contact with you who have been struggling down there. You gave him a look that saying 'You are dead if you are going somewhere else'

"Okay. So are we going to watch a movie?" Baekhyun asked as he ignites his engine and drove off. 

He knew that you were pissed at him but he decided to annoys you again. Hyuna was fixing her makeup and did not realized that you were there in the car. 
"Baby, I think I need some new make ups. My highlighter is running out and NARS is launching their new product so I think I should buy a new highlighter."

There she goes again. Baekhyun mentally nagged. 
"Sure. I'll buy it for you. You know I can even buy you the whole store."

Hyuna giggled like a little kid. "I knew it! Thanks, baby boy." She pinched Baekhyun's cheek and he laughed awkwardly. "Can I get something else too?"

"Yeah, sure. Buy everything because you are going to swipe my card and not yours."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jaebum was waiting for you in front of your class but you were not there. So he called you. 
 

"" You cursed under your breath when your phone rings. 

"What's that sound?" Hyuna panicked. 

"Are you not going to answer you phone dimwit?" Baekhyun called you out from your hiding place. 

You took out your phone from your bag and answered Jaebum's call. 'What'

'Where are you?'

You sighed heavily as you were struggling to get up. You could barely felt your feet. 'You wouldn't want to know. What's up?'

'I have something that I need to give to you. I think it is your assignments.'

'Just leave it at my house on your way home. I have something to do before head home.' You make an eye contact with Baekhyun and Hyuna has bee staring at you intensely. 

You kicked Baekhyun's seat and he grumbled. "Don't do that! I just washed my baby girl last night!"

Suddenly you moved closer to his seat and your face is inches away from his. Obviously, Hyuna is not enjoying the view. "Can you send me back home?" 

Baekhyun was flustered when you're asking him in a nice manner. 
"Sure. Not a big deal. I am the driver and the banker."

You patted his head like a kitten and smiled widely. "Thanks."

It was so not him to do a nice thing with you. You thought it was weird that he agrees to send you home. 
As expected, Baekhyun pulled over and stop the car. You gave him a look. 

"Get out."

You were confused when Baekhyun pulled over somewhere that is totally opposite from your neighborhood. "This is the total opposite from our neighborhood!" 

"You can walk right?"

You scoffed in disbelief and immediately got out from his car. He rolled down his window and popped out his head. 
"If you need anything, call me. Ah, wait! you don't have my number, right? Seems won't do any help then." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

C O M M E N T  ||  S U B S C R I B E ||  V O T E