1 9.

You Are The Only One

Those words escape from his mouth surely has taken both of them back. The ruthless reality that they have been avoiding ever since they tied the knot. Soobin let out a deep sigh and massage her forehead. 

"Look, I'm tired and I don't have time for this drama. Just, not today" Soobin says as she pushes Baekhyun out from the way and tries to shut the door, but he stops it. 

"I'm not trying to create a 50 episode drama here, Lee Soobin." 

"Baekhyun, please. I'm not in the mood. I have work tomorrow." She says as she pushes him away. But, Baekhyun grabs her wrist and looks into her eyes with all the seriousness. 

"Don't be a kid, Lee Soobin. We need to talk about this behavior of yours!"

Soobin pulls away from her wrist and sighs heavily. "Just not today! I'm freaking tired!" She slams the door in his face and Baekhyun is startled. 

She changes into clean clothes and immediately jumps in her bed. She had the longest day today and within the next few hours, she needs to go for work. Baekhyun could not sleep that night, he opens a can of beer and takes a sip while staring at Soobin's door. 

I know I shouldn't get mad at her. We have agreed that we can do whatever we want. But, why am I being restless? Who cares if she cheats? Who cares if she falls out of love... 

***

Soobin is having a quick breakfast in the kitchen when Baekhyun wakes up. He slept on the couch last night and his body is aching like hell. He sees Soobin in the kitchen but none of them are talking. Soobin sneeze and coughs. 

"Are you sick?" Damn it! Why would I bother?

Soobin takes a tissue and wipes her nose. "I think so. Urgh!" 

"Take a day off today." 

Soobin shakes her head. "I need to cover one of the girl's shift today so I can take leave next week." 

"But you are sick."

Soobin sighs. "I'm not dying."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes in annoyance. "Fine!" 

***

While Soobin is busy arranging the books, a voice from behind makes her startles. 

"Hey!" 

She turns around and Jongin is standing in front of her. His height is towering."Hey." 

"Fancy meeting you here," he says. 

"I thought you are not the library kind of boy"

He smirks. "I'm not. Not until today." 

Soobin giggles as she pushes the cart. "What a surprise." She sneezes again.

Jongin put his hand on her temple and another hand on his. His brows knit together. "You have a temperature. You should take a day off." 

Soobin slowly pushes his hand away. "Yeah... I went to the beach yesterday and had too much fun."

Jongin silence when she brought up the topic. He is eager to ask her who is the guy in the photo but he stops himself. "You have another an hour to go before closing right?" 

Soobin nods. 
"I just want to sleep!"

Jongin looks at his watch. "Wait for me at the lobby?" 

"Huh?" 

"Just wait for me in the lobby after the closing okay?" with that, he runs away and leaves Soobin in confusion. 

***

Baekhyun's phone alarm goes off and he immediately turns it off. He takes his car key and puts on his shoe. "It's almost time!" 

Soobin waits for Jongin in the lobby and within a few minutes, he's there with a bag in his hand. He has his biggest smile on his face. "Dinner?"

She laughs and nods, her tummy needs to be filled with food. They sit at a bench in front of the library and have their dinner together. "I'm sorry, the spicy rice cake is getting cold," Jongin says as she devours the spicy rice cake. 

"It's okay! I'm hungry anyway so everything is delicious. Thank you!" 

Jongin takes out something from his bag and hands it over to Soobin."Your medicine. Make sure to eat it." 

She nods. "Thank you, but you know you don't have to do that right?" 

"This is the least  I can do for you. So, you went to the beach yesterday?" He finally asks. 

"You know?" 

Jongin nods. "Sehun was being loud yesterday because he saw your photo with your... boyfriend?" 

Soobin chokes when she hears the word boyfriend. "Oh, Youngho is not my boyfriend! We are just a friend of the same club."

"Youngho?"

"Yeah. The guy in the photo. It was for our club project and it's Jaebum's birthday so... I want to go to the beach. He loves the beach."

A long silence fills the air and somehow Jongin feels relieved. He can't help himself from smiling when he knows that Youngho is not Soobin's boyfriend. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't-

"It's okay. At least I have someone to talk too. You know, it's not easy to talk about him" 

***

After the dinner, Soobin goes home and she sees a meal on the table but Baekhyun is throwing it away. "Why are you throwing it away? It seems untouched."

His hands are moving quickly. "I guess I'm full." He is about to throw the soup but she stops him. 
"I'm hungry. I can eat that."

Baekhyun looks at her in confusion. "I thought you are full?" 

"Huh?"

"I mean, your face looks well stuffed."

Soobin rolls her eyes and takes the soup away from his hand. "Annoying." She says short and quickly takes a seat. Baekhyun pours a glass of water for her and himself as he sits in front of Soobin. 

"How was it?"

"What? The soup? Awful."

Despite the comment, he smiles widely but soon, the smile disappeared when he remembers what he saw just now. Soobin was eating with another guy in front of the library. He must be the same guy in the photo. He wants to ask but he stops himself. 
"Don't forget to do the dishes." He says short after he washes his glass and about to leave her alone. 

"I know!" 

"Oh, mum called today and asking if we can join them next weekend to Jeju."

"We have an occasion?"

Baekhyun runs his fingers through his hair. "My grandmother is coming so, it's like a family retreat?" 

Soobin nods and drinks the soup. "Sure. I'm okay."

"Okay." 

***

Before sleep, Soobin is checking her phone when a text comes in. It's from Jongin. 

'Don't forget to take your medicine ;)'

She smiles and immediately replies 'Thank you for the reminder! I might need this every day.' 

'It's a pleasure.'

She is about to reply to his text when suddenly her phone rings and it is an incoming call from Jongin. After 5 seconds, she picks it up and a voice speaks from the other line. 

"Hey, umm... am I disturbing you?"

She waits for a little before she answers. "Emm, nope. About to pop the pills."

Jongin laughs from the other line. "I just want to say... -

Suddenly the line is being cut off and it is because her phone is running out battery. Soobin yells in annoyance and throws her phone on the bed. "The worst timing! Why now? Why?"