1 8.

You Are The Only One

Finally, it is Friday and you have one class while Baekhyun has none.

You have a class together with Jongin and you two sit next to each other. You don't mind because he is not Chanyeol or Baekhyun. He doesn't get on your nerve. 
"Hey," He says while settling down in his seat. 

You give him a faint smile and ignore him until the Professor comes in. "I have urgent things later, so I will be very quick. For your next assignment, you need to do a presentation on this chapter and it's a pair of work. I will not assign you with partners, you find your partners. Okay? Later, send in your topics and your partner's name to me. Okay, that's it. Dismiss." 

"So..." Someone cuts Jongin's line when he is talking to you. 

"Hey, Jongin... Do you want to be my partner for this assignment?" As usual, he is always the famous one with the girls. 

Jongin smiles and politely declines."I'm sorry but I'm gonna do this with Soobin."

"Me?" Soobin asks. Jongin and her never work together before. 

"Yeah. You." 

The girl leaves when she feels awkward by the rejection. Soobin and Jongin are the last two in the classroom. 
"Cool then." Soobin answers. 

"I'll give the deets to Professor today." He says as both of them walk out from the classroom. 

"Okay then. I'll text you when I'm gonna do it."

Jongin grabs her hand. "Do you want to do it together? Tomorrow?" 

Soobin looks annoyed but she understands. "I'm working at the library tomorrow until 9:00 PM." 

He nods. "Ah... Okay then. Drop me a text when you are free."

"Okay. I will." Soobin answers short. 

"Em, do you want to grab lunch together?" He asks.

Soobin looks at her phone to check on the time and she smiles. "I'm sorry, I have to go to my club room now. Sorry." 

"Ah, too bad. It's okay. See you around." Jongin says and walks in a different direction from Soobin. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun is pacing around the house in his shorts and phone in his hand. He has been texting the boys but none of them replying to him. He can die of boredom if none of them reply. 
Meanwhile, he gets his lunch delivered from his favorite Chinese Restaurant. The smell of jjajangmyeon fills the unit and grunts. 

"The best jjajangmyeon in town!" 

Later, his phone buzz and it is a call from Chanyeol. "Are you that bored?" 

"Mmm, I can die!" 

"Want to come over?" 

"I'll be there in an hour. Get the others too!" 

"Get some beer on your way here." 

"Okay!" 

***

Chanyeol's house is full of the boys in his living room and he's helping his mum in the kitchen. " There is some food I've cook for you guys to eat. Just order chicken if you guys want" 

"Okay, mum! Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Mrs. Lee's house. She's having a gathering for the mums."

"Mrs. Lee? Lee Soobin's mum?"

His mum nods and quickly runs out of the kitchen. "I'm late. Don't mess up the house!" 

"No worries Mrs. Park!" Yixing yells. 

"Where is Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asks as he takes a sip of his drink. 

"Buying some beer."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soobin is busy cleaning her lens when the door opens and it is Youngho. He brings two cups of Iced Americano in his hand and he places one of it in front of Soobin. "I don't know if you like coffee... But, it's for you." 

"Thanks!"

"So, are we going to start our project today?" He asks.

Soobin nods. "If you want too... But, I have no idea what am I going to do for this project. What do you have in your mind?" 

Youngho presses the click button on his camera and it instantly captures Soobin's face. He smiled when he looks at the photo. "You." 

She frowns when she cannot hears what Youngho says. "What did you say?"

"Nothing. Em, do you have a place in your mind?" 

"No... 

***

Youngho doesn't waste any time when he deiced to take Soobin for a "trip" for the project. He takes Soobin an hour's drive away from the city. To the beach. 
"I hope I did not disappoint you." 

Soobin gasps. "Disappoint me? Trust me, this is the best! I haven't been to the beach for a long time!" 

Youngho smiles and both of them get out of the car immediately. Soobin is already running towards the beach when Youngho takes his bag from behind and slowly walks towards Soobin. He takes a few shots of Soobin who is enjoying herself and forgets about the project. 

"What are you doing? Come here!" Soobin yells and calling him to join the fun with her. 

"Beach or mountain?" A random question from Youngho makes Soobin stops for a while. 

"Hands down. Beach! I don't like the mountain." She pouts like a small child. 

Soobin blocks Youngho camera when he is about to take a photo of her. "Can we just have a little fun for a while? Or maybe can we just forget about the project today?" She's asking. 

"Please?" 

Youngho's heart beats faster when Soobin pleads. He gives up. "Fine. Ahaha, it won't hurt I guess."

Soobin smiles. "Come, I'll show you something fun!" She says as she is taking off her shoes and putting down her bag next to her shoe. 

"What are you doing?" Youngho asks curiously. 

"Let's play!" 

"What?" 

"Come on!" She yells as she is running towards the waves. Soobin seems to don't mind her jeans getting wet. Soon, Youngho joins the fun. The fun makes them lost track of time and by the time they stop, it was already late in the evening. Soobin takes out her phone and fixes her hair. "Let's take a picture together." 

"Huh?"

"The sunset is beautiful! Come on!" 

"I'll take your photo for you." Youngho offers. 

"No! You need to be in the frame too. Come on! Don't spoil this!" 

Giving up, Youngho walks closer to Soobin and wraps a blanket that he grabs from his car over her shoulder. "I figure you need it." 

"Oh! Thank you!" 

Youngho stands behind Soobin and she's trying to find a good angle. "Ready? 1,2,3" Snap!

"That looks good!" Youngho praises as the two of them are looking at the photo. 

"I'm gonna post this. Are you okay?" Soobin asks for permission and Youngho nods. 

"Posted!, Let's grab something to eat. I'm hungry!" 

Youngho laughs. "It's about time."

***

Meanwhile, at Chanyeol's house;

"Kyungsoo! Can you bring more popcorn?" Baekhyun yells from the living room while Kyungsoo and Minseok are in the kitchen getting the refills. 

"Get it on your own!" Kyungsoo yells back. 

"I'll get them," Minseok says as he is getting more popcorns. 

"She went to the beach? Who is that guy? Soobin has a boyfriend?" Sehun asks as he is looking at the photo that she posted a while ago. 

"That witch has a boyfriend?" Chanyeol asks. 

Baekhyun chokes on his drink. "What?"

Jongin quickly grabs Sehun's phone and look at the photo. "Who is he?"

Baekhyun takes a peek at the photo. The caption goes; The best day ever with Y! Thank you :)

"Wow! That witch has a boyfriend huh?" Chanyeol says in short which he earns a glare from Jongin. Jongin tosses back Sehun's phone and pretends to be busy. He grabs his phone and unlocks it quickly. 

'Hey! :) It's me, your partner in case you don't save my number'

Baekhyun seems to lose his focus and he reaches out for his phone. 'Don't forget to buy bread'

He waited for a reply but nothing. 

"Why are you two so focus on your phone?" Yixing asks as he has been looking at Jongin and Baekhyun who have been staring at their phone for the last 30 minutes. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Soobin's phone has been busy with incoming texts but she doesn't seem to be bothered. But it bothers Youngho. 

"Are you sure it is not important?"

Soobin looks confused. "What?" 

He points at your phone. "Maybe your lover is checking on you?" 

Soobin snorts. "Probably just spams." But she checks it anyways. There are 1 text from Jongin and 30 texts from Baekhyun. She opens Jongin's first. 

'I save your number!' 

And Soobin opens Baekhyun's text. 

God! He's annoying as hell! 

'Eat , B.' Sent. 

within 20 seconds, Soobin gets another text. 'Why are you not home yet? It's already late.'

'Not your problem' 

'Be home in 10'

'Go away.'

'Are you on a date?'

'Stop poking your nose in other's life'

'Home. Now.'

'Don't boss me around'

'Home now or I'll go to you'

Soobin sighs and puts her phone away and Youngho looks at her in concern. "Should we go back now? I mean it's pretty late too."

"Can we have another 10 minutes?" 

Youngho smiles. "Sure."

In another 10 minutes, the two of them leave. Soobin pulls the blanket as her body starts to shiver and Youngho increases the temperature to warm her up. "You gonna get sick tomorrow. I'm sorry, I shouldn't-

"No... It's not your fault. I've been wanting to go to the beach, but I don't have time."

After a while, Soobin falls asleep and Youngho drives back to the city with his favorite music accompany him. At 2 AM, Youngho pulls over around Soobin's neighborhood and he slowly wakes Soobin up. "Hey." 

Soobin wakes up and looks around. "Oh, sorry! I felt asleep and let you drive alone." 

Youngho chuckles. "It's okay. Gonna get used to it" 

When she's about to give him his blanket, Youngho declines. "Keep it. It's a reason for me to ask you out next time." 

Soobin laughs. "Smooth. But. Thank you for today." 

"No sweat." 

After Youngho leaves, she walks towards her house and when she enters the house, Baekhyun is there in the living room. Soobin does not says anything and goes straight to her room, but Baekhyun calls her out. "Where were you today?"

"I told you it's not your business." She answers as she's putting the blanket in the laundry basket and toss her bag on the bed. Baekhyun is standing at her door. 

"You make me worried sick! I told you to come home early."

"I'm not a kid! I am an adult Baekhyun. I can take care of myself."

"You came back at 2 AM? With a guy?" 

"Baekhyun, you don't have the right to stop me."

"I have the right. I am your husband!"