A F T E R W A R D S

You Are The Only One

The mattress move when the two of them move on their side. A sudden realization hit them when they finally open their eyes. The image from last night's activity flash in their memory. Soobin takes a look at herself under the blanket and she hisses. None of them talk for the longest time nor plan to move. Until Soobin is desperately in need to use the bathroom
"Don't look! I'm going to run to the toilet." 

Baekhyun nods and pulls the blanket over his face. 
Soobin pushes the blanket away from her body and quickly runs towards the bathroom. She locks the door and checking it twice to make sure that she locks it. 

"Oh God! I must be out of my mind!"- Soobin says to herself when she remembers what she said to Baekhyun last night. She takes a look of herself in front of the mirror and sees few visible marks on her body. She sighs again. "." 

While Soobin is taking her sweet time in the toilet, Baekhyun is looking for something in horror. He looks under the blanket, between the pile of clothes on the floor, under the bed, and in the trash can but he cannot find what is he looking for. He grabs a handful of his hair and pulls it in frustration. 
"!" 

Soobin looks at him in confusion while drying her hair. "What?"

"Did I used it yesterday?" 

Soobin is more confuse. "Use what?"

"The protection."

"What protection?"

"! !! Did I used it or not?"

She gasps. "Don't tell me you didn't?"

"I don't know! I can't find it!" 

She throws her towel towards him in anger. " Baekhyun! Wait, you bring a with you too? So you are expecting it?"

He throws his hand in defense. "All guys will have it, girl."

"You shouldn't offer me a drink yesterday!" 

"You shouldn't jump on me yesterday!" 

"What?"

"Let's fight another time, I need to find that rubber thing!"

*** 

The journey back to the city is dreadful for the two of them and awkward. Once they reach home, Soobin makes the first move. "We need to talk."

"We are talking," Baekhyun replies short. 

"You know what kind of talk do we need."

He sighs and both of them are sitting at the table, across each other. Soobin starts first. 
"That thing that we did in Jeju, is a mistake." 

The fact that Soobin says it is a mistake, Baekhyun feels a slump on his throat. His heart hurts as he is being dumped by his lover. 
"An accident. We both adults, so, we will take responsibility."

"Cool. So we will never talk about it again"

"Pretend that nothing happened." 

She nods and finally, she breathes again. Soobin realizes that she has been holding her breath all this while. Baekhyun stands up and walks towards his room. 
"But, just to let you know that I'm gonna take the responsibility if- 

Soobin laughs and shuts him up. "Don't be ridiculous Baekhyun. I will not get pregnant because of that one night."

_______________________________________________________________________________

It is Monday and she has a class with Jongin. After what had happened at the saloon, she cannot stop thinking about him and she must admit that she is excited to see him today. Jongin comes in and his eyes are wildly looking for Soobin. He smiles when he spots her. 

"Had a good weekend?"

The memory of that weekend is not a good one for her but, Jongin doesn't need to know. She smiles. 
"a great one indeed. How's yours?"

He sighs. "Not a good one because I kept thinking of you."

She laughs. "Smooth."

He laughs at the remark. "I'm busy helping my sister and taking care of the kids."

"Sounds like an eventful weekend for you." 

His reply is being interrupted when the professor walks in the class and Soobih is preparing herself for the class. It has been an easy thing for Soobin to keep her focus in the class but, for some weird reason, she cannot focus in class and she has been scribbling nonsense on her notes. 
Jongin gives her a nudge when he notices it.

'What's on your mind?'

Soobin takes a look at the note from him and she scribbles her reply. 'Food.'

Jongin smiles and steals a glance at his professor before he scribbles down his reply. 'Let's go somewhere after class. I know a place.' 

He nudges her elbow and passes the paper. Soobin is delighted and excited! 
"Is this a date?" She asks out loud, making all the attention is on her. 

"Yes, Lee Soobin. It's a date. You and the assignment!" The professor yells. 

***

After the class, Soobin and Jongin walkout from the class together as they have promised to go to a cafe after the class. The boys are in the hallway and they greet each other while Soobin is just standing there. 
"Going somewehere?" Kyungsoo asks as he smiles at Soobin. 

"Oh, well, yes. I'm sorry. Raincheck?"

Yixing sighs. "Fine."

Soobin follows Jongin to the parking lot and is looking for his car. But, he hands her the extra helmet. 
"We are riding the motorcycle?"

Soobin takes the helmet from his hand but there is fear in herself. Jongin notices it and immediately takes her hand in his, squeezing it. 
"Hey, what is wrong? Are you okay?" 

She takes some time before she can answer. "Can we... can we not ride the bike? I have a trauma with a motorcycle." 

At first, he is confused. But he remembers how does she lose her best friend due to the accident. 
He quickly takes the helmet from her and hugs her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." 

Soobin pushes him away gently."It's okay. I guess I'm not ready yet."

"We take the bus if that is okay with you?" 

She nods. Better than riding. 

***

"Hey, Chanyeol. Do you ever feel like punching someone in the face because of something that is nonsense?" Baekhyun asks while eating his ice cream. Chanyeol's attention is glued to his phone, so he does not see the scene.
Baekhyun saw Jongin his hugging Soobin and he feels rage in himself. 

"Are you mad at someone?" Chanyeol asks. 

"Yes. But I know I am not in a position where I can be mad" 

"Sike. That's complicated." 

Baekhyun sighs. "Let's go." 

*** 

Jongin orders a latte for himself and a caramel frappucino for Soobin and a slice of classic New York Cheesecake. 
"Their cheesecake is the best! My mum loves it." Soobin takes a spoonful of it and hums happily.

"Gosh! Thank you for this! I need this so badly." 

"So, what are we going to do for our next date?" 

No doubt, that question from him takes Soobin to her surprise. "A date?"

Jongin smiles as he takes another spoonful of cheesecake. "Well, this is our first's" 

"You can't be serious Jongin."

He frowns and leans in his chair. "Why? Are you seeing someone else? I'm so sorry, I didn't know that-

"No, no. I mean... you can't be serious to go on dates with me? I mean, look at you. Look at me." 

"What is wrong with you being with me?"

'It is so wrong in many ways! I'm married and I am married to your best friend! How can I date you when I'm married to your best friend?' She mentally screams. But then, a sudden realization hits her. 
'We are married in the paper but we don't love each other. We don't even act like a married couple.' 

"Seems you are on your train of thoughts." 

Soobin sighs. "You are the goddess! You have models, beautiful girls lining up to be with you. Oh wait, does this date means like a friendly-date kind of thing? Because I thought it is- 

"I want to know you better."

"What?"

"I want to get to know you. Your favorite food, your allergics, your favorite song, your favorite scent, your enemy, all about you."

"Why?"

"Because I want to be your boyfriend."

Soobin's eye grows bigger and her mind seems cannot digest what is happening. "What?"

"How can I sign up for your boyfriend's application?" 

'.'