16 .

You Are The Only One

Today is the first day of the new semester and things are not going well today. There is no water in your unit today because apparently, someone forgot to pay the bills. 
"Did you or did you not pay the bills?" You yell at Baekhyun while brushing your teeth. 

"I forgot! And, why I am the one that has to pay for these bills?"

You say nothing and push him aside. After you have done, you quickly walk into your room and change for class. 
"Where's my white t-shirt?" Baekhyun yells from his room while looking for his favorite shirt in his closet. 

"I don't know! I'm not your maid, !" You yell back while struggling with your jeans. Without any warning, your door is open and Baekhyun is there.
"Are you crazy? Get out!"

"I don't see anything okay!" 
It has been a while for your clothes to get mixed up with his. 

"I don't have your shirt! Just wear something else!" You yell and quickly zip up your jeans.  

Baekhyun closes the door and puts on his other clothes. The bickering does not end there as the saga continues in the kitchen when you and Baekhyun scramble the last piece of bread. 
Baekhyun wins and you leave the house in annoyance. 

 

You are on your way to your faculty when you bump into Jongin and Chanyeol. 

"Hi, Soobin" Chanyeol greets but you ignore him and walk past the two of them. 

"Go away," You say short. 

Jongin giggles when Chanyeol starts to nag to the rest of the boys, including Baekhyun. 

"What is wrong with him?" Kyungsoo asks when he sees the annoyance on Chanyeol's face. 

Jongin glances towards Baekhyun who is busy stealing Sehun's food. "Soobin tells him to go away."

Junmyeon and Minseok laugh their asses off. 

"You talk to Soobin?" Baekhyun cuts. 

"I'm not talking to her anymore!" 

Is she mad because I took the last slice?

"Shoot! We are late! I don't want to get lockout again! Baekhyun, let's go!" Chanyeol says as he quickly runs away but Baekhyun is still there. 

"What are you doing Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asks when he sees his buddy does not budge at all. 

"Oh? Uh. Going to class." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Right after you have done with your classes, you are done for the day because you have no more classes after this. So, you decide to go into the photography's club room. 
The room is dim and Myungsoo, the president of the club is busy with his camera. 

"Busy?" 

Myungsoo turns around and smiles. "It has been a while since I saw you in this room."

"I need to sharpen my skills. So, what's up?"

"Nothing much. The others barely show up to meetings and sometimes they don't but, we have a new member."

"A new member?" 

"He is on his way. I think so. Well, that is what he said in the text."

While waiting for the new member to show up, you and Myungsoo catch up on what you have been missing on. Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice catches your attention and there a new member, standing at the door. 

"Oh, Soobin, this is the new guy that I've talked about. Youngho, this is Soobin and Soobin, this is Youngho."

You awkwardly smile as he smiles back and sits in front of you. You are waiting for Myungsoo to talk but instead, he takes his bag with him and leaves the room. 
"I'm so sorry. I have class now."

And, there you are stuck with this new guy in the room. 
"So, what is your name again?"

"Seo Youngho."

"Okay."

The air is filled with awkwardness and you hate that. But, luckily Youngho starts to make a conversation with you. 

"Have you got anything for the assignment?"

"Oh, best memories. I don't and it is still a long way to go before we can submit it."

"If you don't mind, do you want to go out with me this Saturday?"

You are flustered by the sudden request. Is he asking me on a date or just helping him with the assignment?

Youngho notices your facial expression and he is quick to fix it.; "I mean for the assignment, of course. I could use some guidance from the ace."

"Ace? Did Myungsoo tell you that? Gosh! That is embarrassing. Well, sure thing. If I don't have anything going on."

Youngho cannot hide his excitement. "Cool! Give me your phone."

You give him a look. "Excuse me?"

"I mean, I will give you my number."

You laugh at his clumsiness and hand over your phone to him as he does the same thing. 
"Oh, I'm sorry but I have to get to my class now," Youngho says as he takes his bag with him. 

"It's okay, I'm going to leave too."

"I will see you tomorrow!" Youngho says before he runs to his class. 

*** 

You are walking down the street to the bus stop with your iPod on when suddenly a car stops. 
"Get in!" It is Baekhyun. 

You roll your eyes and continue to walk away. 

"Get in! Hurry up!" 

"Get going! I'm not getting in!" You say back but Baekhyun is following you in his car. 

Suddenly his car stops and he runs out of his car. Baekhyun picks you up and gets you inside his car. His action is quick, in case someone sees him with you. 
"What the hell is that? Let me out!"

"We are going to the mart and buy groceries together! Now, just shut up and put on your seat belt!" He yells.

"Why are you screaming at me?" You yell back.

"I'm not!" 

"You did!"

"Shut up! I'm driving!"

***

Junmyeon and Chanyeol who are walking down the street saw Baekhyun's car passed them. 
"Isn't that Baekhyun's car?"

"Why is he driving so fast?"

"Nature call probably." Chanyeol answers. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soon enough, you two are in the mart now with a trolley. 
"What should we get?" You ask Baekhyun. 

"You never do your groceries?"

"So do you."

Baekhyun sighs and takes the trolley from you. "No instant food. I'm tired of eating instant food ever since we got married."

"Then, you do your groceries and I will do mine."

He nods. "Okay. Deal!" 

And the adventure begins. 
Later, the trolley is now full of your food and Baekhyun's. 

You and Baekhyun are queuing up to pay for the food when suddenly you remember that you need to buy shampoo. 

"Wait here. I need to go and get my shampoo." You say as you leave him alone. 

Suddenly, 
"Is this why you are rushing to go back just now?" Chanyeol says as he stands next to Baekhyun. 

His face turns pale when he saw Chanyeol. "What are you doing here?" he asks. 

"Doing the same thing as what you did."

Baekhyun starts to panic and he quickly looks around. He does not see you at the moment. 
And now, it is his turn to pay. Baekhyun loads the counter with his things and Chanyeol helps him. 

"Why are you buying a lot of stuff?" Chanyeol questions. 

"I'm starting to live on my own so I need a lot of foods."

"So that I can come over whenever I like?"

Baekhyun hits Chanyeol's arm. "Do you think I'm your maid?"

Chanyeol just laughs it off. "You don't eat spicy food well and why are you buying two boxes of spicy noodles?"

! That must be Soobin's.

"For my neighbor." 

"Huh?" Later, Baekhyun pays for everything and walks to his car along with Chanyeol.

***

You look for Baekhyun to pay for the shampoo because you leave your bag in his car, but he is nowhere to be seen in the mart. 
Where is he? He did not leave me alone here, right?

While you are looking for Baekhyun, someone calls out your name and you turn around. It is Youngho. 

"Fancy meeting you here." He says with a smile. 

"Hi!"

Youngho studies your anxiousness. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I think I need to go now. Can you please put this back? Thanks!" You say in a hurry and quickly run out. Your eyes quickly scan the parking lot but there is no sight of his car. 
He must be kidding me! 

"Do you need a ride back home?" Youngho asks as he pushes his trolley. 

"I'm so sorry, but, can you send me home? I left my bag in my friend's car but she took off."

Youngho smiles and giggles. "Come on. I'll send you home."

The ride back home with him is rather a peaceful one. 
"Are your parents at home?" He asks, trying to break the silence. 

"I'm living alone. I mean, not alone but with a friend."

He nods. "Impressive. I've been wanting to move out of my parent's but they won't allow me."
Youngho drops you off a few blocks away from your apartment because you don't want him to know and just in case Baekhyun is there.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off in front of your house?"

You nod. "I guess we are not that close enough. Yet."

He laughs. "Yet"

"Anyway, thank you for the ride. I'll treat you something nice later." You say and get out of the car. 
After the two of you bid farewell, you walk back home and to your surprise Baekhyun is there, squatting. 

"What are you doing?" You ask. Not curious at all. 

He looks up. "Can't you see? I'm cooking!" From his reply, you know that he is annoyed. 

You kick his leg and he yelps in pain. "How dare you leave me alone at the supermarket without my bag!" 

"Chanyeol was there and what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know! Maybe drive back to the mart and pick me up?"

"He's asking me to drop him off."

"Then tell him no! Urgh!" You yell and leave him alone there. 

"How did you get home?" He asks when both of you are in the house. 

You do not reply to any of his questions.