0 7 .

You Are The Only One

Even though today is Saturday, you woke up at 730AM, already bathe and sat in front of your laptop. There are so many of unchecked box on your to-do list and it annoys you. There was a report that you need to do it with your pair, which happens to be Baekhyun. You knew he was still asleep at this hour but you still wanted to call him. After a few rings, and after the voicemails, he picked it up in his morning voice. 

'Can you do the research findings for the report? I want it by midnight. Today.' 

'What?' He took a look at the caller ID which happens to be unknown. 'Who are you?'

'The girl in the lobby.'  You teased. 

Immediately, Baekhyun got up and all woke up from his sleep. 'Oh, Hi. I'm sorr-

'What the hell is wrong with you douche! It's me!'

'God damn it! What do you want! Don't you know what time is now?'

'I know. It's already almost 800AM.'

 Baekhyun sighed in frustration and threw his body on his bed to show his anger. 'It's freaking 800AM! It's 800AM! And it's Saturday!' 

'Anyway, I want the report by midnight.'

'I'm not doing it!'

'Ah, Hyeri told me that she's coming over to my house later for lunch...' 

'Text me your address and I'll be there in 1 hour time!' With that, he immediately hung up and jumped out from his bed to hit the shower. 

After he has gotten your address, he quickly ran downstairs. His mother was surprised to see her son woke up super early on weekend. 
"Where are you going at this hour young boy." 

"Oh, mum! Can I borrow your car today?"

"What happened to yours?" She questioned him like an inspector but at the same time, she hands over her keys to him.

"Uh? My car? Ch-Chanyeol borrowed it."

His mother tilted her head and her brows knitted together in confusion. But she was distracted by the cut on his cheek more. 
"What happened to your face!" She freaked out. 

"Ah, nothing. I just fell down." He lied. 

She shook her head in disbelief. "Careless! Wait here. I'll give you a bandage." 

"No... No, mum. I'm late. Later, okay?"

Stubborn as always, his mum came with a bandage in her hand. After she has stuck it on Baekhyun's face, he quickly went out and soon he found himself in front of your house. 

He pressed the intercom and your mother answered it.  She was in total shocked when she saw Baekhyun on the screen. She quickly called your name and you rushed down. 

"What? What happened?"

"Why is he here?" Your mum asked. Hyeri came to watch and she smiled. 

"He's here!"

Your mother quickly turned to Hyeri. "You know him?"

Hyeri nodded. "He is Soobin's friend. Right?"

"No! He's not my friend! Mum, we have the assignment to work on."

You went to get the door for him and when he's in, he smiled when he saw Hyeri. Hyeri gave him a small waved and he did the same in return. 

"Gosh! She's married for god's sake!" 

"I'm not a dimwit!" Baekhyun replied. 

You showed Baekhyu the way to your room and when your mum saw the two of you were going upstairs, she yelled; 
"Don't close the door!"

"Mum! Stop it!"

Baekhyun immediately sat on your bed and giggled like a small boy. "Oh, God! She's so pretty!"

You rolled your eyes in annoyance as you sat on your chair, across him. "Stop it! She's married and she has a 2 years old daughter! It's so gross that I have to watch you giggling like this!"

"Obviously you are jealous of her right?"

You can't help but scoff. " I'm not! And, I;m telling the truth!"

"You think I will trust that?"

"I swear you are going to cry like a baby when you know that it is the truth!"

"I'm not going to cry, dimwit!"

***

Hyeri was busy feeding Hani when she saw your mother has been walking back and forth in front of her. 
"What's the wrong aunty?"

Your mum gave Hyeri a concerned look and sighed heavily. "Should I or Should I not check on them?"

Hyeri laughed. "They are big enough. I got married to Bogum around their age too."

***

It's lunch time and you and Baekhyun went down for lunch. Baekhyun joined you and the rest at the dining table. 

"How are your parents doing Baekhyun?" Your father asked when he saw Baekhyun. 

"They are doing great. Thank you, Mr Lee."

Your mother shot your father a glare. "Why do you even bother to ask about them?"

Later, Hyeri and Hani joined the rest. She sat in front of you and there was an empty seat next to her. Baekhyun was about to change his seat but you stopped him. 

"What now?" He asked. 

"Sit here."

"But that seat is empty."

"It's taken! Just sit here!"

He gave up and settled down next to you. 
He tried to make a conversation between the lunch when he suddenly talked about Hani. 

"What a cute girl. She must be pretty like her sister later."

Hyeri laughed as she looks at Baekhyun. "She's my daughter."

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly before answering; "You are such a funny woman. I like funny woman."

You slammed your chopstick on the table and turned to him. "She is her daughter dimwit! Oh Gosh, where is Bogum?"

"He'll be here soon," Hyeri said. 

Just in time, Bogum arrived and joined you guys for lunch. He exchanges kiss with his wife and sat next to him. Baekhyun smiled and suddenly he stood up straight. 

"Welcome home, brother-in-law" He greeted Bogum with a bow,

Your parents look at him in confusion. "What is he doing?" Your father asked your mum. 

You tucked his shirt, asking him to sit down now and he did. Bogum smiled awkwardly and look at his wife. 
"Who... ah! You must be Soobin's boyfriend!" 

You were already laughing your off when Baekhyun acted very defensive, "No... No! I'm Hyeri's soon to be boy friend." He said along with a wink for Hyeri. 

Bogum was very flustered when he heard that and immediately look at Hyeri. "What was he talking about?"

"I've told him that we are married but he refused to believe it."

Bogum laughed and showed Baekhyun his wallpaper which was their wedding photo shoot. "I'm sorry dude, but, she's off the market."

Baekhyun immediately became silent and slowly, he got up from his seat and went upstairs to your room. 

"Tch, he's getting comfortable in our house! Look! He even goes up on his own!" Your mother nagged, even more, when Baekhyun went upstairs. 

Baekhyun was lying on your bed with two arms spread wide when you entered your room and closed the door. 
"Are you crying?" You asked when you heard someone's sobbing

"No. I'm not!"

You walked closer to your bed and climb on it to look at his face. He was crying his eyes out. "You cried! See I've told you before!"

He turned away from your and covered his face with his hand. You laughed at him while you pulled him to turn to you, but he refused to, so you let him be. 

"You should at least took off your Cinderella's bandage before you wanted to flirt in from of my family." 

Baekhyun got up immediately and touched his face. The bandage that his mother has put for him this morning. He threw tantrums like a kid on your bed and took off the bandage. 

"You should have told me earlier!"

"You look like an idiot the whole time!" You laughed again and that makes Baekhyun wanted to kill you for real. 

 

***

Before he went back that evening, he apologized to Hyeri and Bogum and leave your house in embarrassment. 

"You should date him Soobin!" Hyeri said when you two watched Baekhyun went out from the compound.

"Are you crazy?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

C O M M E N T  ||  S U B S C R I B E  ||  V O T E