0 9 .

You Are The Only One

You went home with anger building up every second. 
"What is wrong with you, Lee Soobin?" Your mother nagged when you came in and slammed almost everything. 

You threw your bag on the floor and later, one of your maids sent you a glass of water. Quickly, you gulped it down and wipe your mouth with the back of your hand. Without saying anything, you stormed upstairs and slammed your door hard, making your mum and the maids flinch. You buried your face in your fluffy pillow and screamed at the top of your lung and breathe heavily. 

__________________________________________________

Finally, the day has arrived. You went to the lawyer's office with your parents and when you arrived, your relatives were already there. Then, someone caught your eyes that makes you question their existence. 

You took a seat next to him and whispered; "What are you doing here?"

He smirked. "I came to claim money for the damages that you have done for the past weeks."

You raised your eyebrow in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"My face, my car, my hair, my nose, the latest." 

You were about to say more when the lawyer came in with his Pineider brown leather briefcase. He carefully took out a legal size document from the brown envelope, held it up to the room so everyone in the room could clearly see it and later, he began to read. 

Last will and testament of Lee Ho Seok

Everyone seems to be unsatisfied when Grandpa let your family have the most of his property. But that does not bother you at all. What has been bothering you all this time was the fact that there was an arranged marriage in his will. 

He makes it clear by stating names. 

Your name

and 

his name.

You turned to him who looks composed even though he heard the will correctly. 

"You knew about this already?" You asked, trying to hold back your tears. 

Baekhyun sighed heavily and look you in your eyes. "Let us talk about

"Don't touch me!" You snapped when Baekhyun was about to take your hand and brought you out from the room. 

Your relatives were shocked. 
"Soobin, calm down," Hyeri said in concerned. 

***

You stayed in Baekhyun's car while we went to buy some drinks. You took the time to digest every word that came out from the lawyer's mouth but, the more you thought about it, it does not make any sense at all! 

Arranged marriage is so outdated. 

Later, Baekhyun came back with drinks and you quickly took it from his hand and took a long sip. 

"Is this make sense?" You asked. 

Baekhyun sighed heavily. "I don't know."

"You knew it all this while, so that is the reason why you keep on getting on my nerves right?" 

"I just knew about this last Monday, okay!"

"So, what now? Are we going to let this happened?"

Baekhyun answered in a monotonous tone; "It is not a big deal for me."

You gave him a sharp look. "It is a big deal for me!"

"Look, we just need to get this stupid marriage done, pretend to be to gather for a while and later, I can divorce you. We going to go on our own way."

You snorted at his idea. "You think it is going to be easy?"

"As long we don't fall in love with each other, that would be fine."

You look right into his eyes, searching for a trust to hold on to. As long as we don't fall in love with each other. As long it is not a love. 

"What if either one of us did fall in love with one another?" You asked while taking a sip of your drinks. 

"We make babies and live the life." He said playfully. 

You spat your drinks on his mirror, which causes him to shriek and quickly grabbed some tissues and wiped the stain. 

"I just washed it yesterday! Oh God! I have to wash it again today!" He nags as he glared at you. 

You gave him a look. "Seriously? It is not a big deal okay! You wiped it, look, it is clean!" 

"No, it's not! Your saliva was there!"

"Clean freak." You mumbled as Baekhyun drove back to your house. 

***

"Ah, I'm so full!" Jaebum exclaimed after he had a feast at Jinyoung's place over lunch. 

JInyoung smiled knowingly at his friend. "She loves you more than her own son! She never cooks!"

Jaebum laughed as he sat at the edge of Jinyoung's bed. "Don't you know, I'm her beloved son?"

Jinyoung hit Jaebum with his clothes. "Cut the crap!"

"Hey, so you want to have a ride tonight?" Jaebum asked, hoping that Jinyoung will agree. It has been awhile since both of them rode their motorbike and today, he just wanted to have a ride with Jinyoung. 

"Not too late, okay?"

Jaebum smiled and after Jinyoung has changed, they both headed out. Just in time, his phone rang and it was from you. He took the call. 

'Hey, what's up?' 

'I need to talk. Can we meet up?'

Jaebum paused for a while as he glanced up to Jinyoung who was already on his bike, ready to hit the road. Now, he was torn between two. 

'I don't think I can make it today. I have a plan with Jinyoung. Maybe a bit later?'

He can hear you sighed from the other side and immediately felt guilty. 'I'm sorry Soobin.'

'I'll give you a call later. Are you going for a ride?'

'Yeah. It has been a while."

"Stay safe.'

***

Two young boys living their life to the fullest as they hit the road together, on their bikes. But the sweet moment only lasted for a while before everything disappeared right in front of his eyes like ash. People screaming names, lights everywhere that make his eyes hurt so bad, blood and fire just add more spices to the scene. He barely can open his eyes but he forced himself to do so. The last thing that he saw before he shut his eyes, maybe forever was the face of the paramedic in the moving ambulance. 

"Jinyoung..." The last word that escaped his lips. 

 

That afternoon you waited for Jaebum in front of his class but he was not there so, you asked his classmate who just got out from the class. 

"Hey, do you see Jaebum?" 

They exchanged glances as they figured it out that you haven't heard the news. 
"Don't you know, he had an accident yesterday and the condition is pretty bad."

You could feel that your heart had dropped to the floor and eventually, you forgot how to breathe. You ran as fast as you can and trying the best to stay calm. Your head was in mess. 

"Hey! I need your help." 

***

With the trace of tears stain on your face, you ran again in the hospital as Baekhyun followed. 

"Stop running! I'm tired! You even asked for my help and make me run around!" He nags as he stops for a while and took some times to get his breath back. You were already ahead of him so you did not hear him. 

Baekhyun was shocked when he saw you were crying badly in front of the door that had Jaebum's name on it. He knew he should leave you alone but, he walked closer to you and offered you a hug. 
A hug that will help to comfort you. 

"He's going to be okay" His mouth do its work, uttering the comfort words. 

But, the truth was;

Eww! She's sobbing badly! I hope she will not get her mucus on my shirt. Wait... why... it's so moist... Urgh! Lee Soobin! You just make my new Fendi's shirt dirty! I hope there will be no makeup stains! 

Later, he gently pushed you away and cursed under his breath when he saw the wet patches on his right shoulder. 
"I... I need to use the washroom." With that, he leaves you all on your own. 

Jaebum's mother came out from his room and called you inside. "He wants to see you." She said. 

You sat on his bed and hold his hand dearly as he slowly opened his eyes. He gave you a very, very weak smile. 
"Hi." You whispered softly. 

'Hi' was the first word and it has become your last word you said to him. And his first smile has become the last smile he gave to you. 
He's gone. 
In a blink of eyes, he has gone. 

"Jae... Jaebum... Wake up... It's not funny, you idiot! I'm here and you wanted to sleep?" You mumbled between your crying. 

The nurses and doctors came into his room and they dragged you away from Jaebum and eventually, his body was no longer in your sight.