Misunderstanding

Heaven's Disaster

The last thing I felt before becoming unconscious, was her lips on mine, and the pain going away.

Later I woke up, on her bed. I was surprised to find her on the arm chair beside me, sleeping.

She was really pretty. She had milky, white skin with rose tinted cheeks, long-brown hair, and long eyelashes. She was like a princess.

What's wrong with me? I'm acting as if I've never seen a pretty girl before.

I got up and picked her up from the armchair. I carefully laid her down on the spot where I previously slept.

Then my eyes landed on her lips. She did kiss me right? 

Why? Does she like me?

I don't really remember much, just excruciating pain all over my body.

Anyways, after covering her with a blanket I went home.

I remember waking up around late morning, to my loud phone.

"Yeoboseyo," I managed to say.

"Where are you?" chimed a melodic voice.

"I'm at my house," I answered.

"How do you feel?" she asked.

"What are you talking about? I feel fine," I said.

"Thank the heavens," she said.

"Is that all?" I ask, "Can I go back to sleep now?"

"Yah! Choi Minho!" she nags, "I've been worried sick about you, and all you want to do is go to sleep? Do you know how much danger you're in?"

"What are you saying?" I asked. Seriously, what danger?

"You don't remember what happened last night," she asks.

"Last night..." I try to remember what happened last night, and all I can remember is the kiss. Did anything else happen last night? Something more? I don't think we drank last night, so why wouldn't I remember something like that.

"You really don't remember," she said. Was she disappointed?

"Sorry," I said.

"It's okay," she said, "I already had a feeling. But I think it's better like this."

"You do?" I asked. Maybe she didn't like me? Maybe she only wanted me for a good time?

"Yeah, I think it's best," she said, "I just hope you'll be more strong next time, I didn't like to see you suffer like that."

"Is that so?" I said. What? Was I not man enough? Was she disappointed? I felt shame rain on me.

"Anyways, I have to go," she said, "Bye."

"Bye," I hung up the phone and checked the time.

Time to get myself ready for minimum wage.

I opened the shop, and enjoyed a nice hot coffee in the silence. I tried and tried to remember what happened last night. All I felt was pain. Was I really that weak of a man?

My day became even gloomier when Victoria walked in with some friends.

"Minho!" she said, "You're here already!"

She jumped and hugged my arm.

I tried to shake her off, "Get off, you're annoying me."

She pursed her lips, "I just wanted to greet you nicely. Since you're so special to me!"

She smiled and hugged my arm once again.

One of her friends spoke up, "Alright, I'll come pick you up later."

Victoria waved to her friends, "Okay, bye Sulli. Bye, Amber."

Sulli waved back, while Amber headed out the store. 

For the rest of my shift felt like it went on forever. Finally, the girl that was supposed to take over my shift arrived.

I placed my vest in my locker, grabbed my bag, and began to walk home. It was still early today, so I figured I could go jogging.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Minyoung: Where are you?

Me: Do you always have to know where I am?

Minyoung: I'm just making sure you're safe.

Me: I'm fine.

Minyoung: Have you eaten?

Me: I will be soon.

Minyoung: Don't eat out. Come to my house.

Me: Ok, see you there.

This girl was really something. First she takes a dump on my manhood. And now, she acts like my mother.

I greeted her doorman and went up to her apartment.

Before I could knock on her door, it opened by itself.

"Come in!" I could hear her yell.

"Yah! You should have the decency to greet your guest," I said.

I could hear her groan. She appeared at the door.

"Come in," she said.

I smiled at myself, and made my way in.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"I found an Italian recipe online and really wanted to try it out," she said, "Are you hungry?"

My grumbling stomach answered for me.

She giggled and went off to the kitchen.

I sat down on the couch and looked around. Her home seemed really expensive and fancy. She must come from a good family. What was she doing wasting her time on me? I have nobody.

She skipped towards me and sat down next to me.

"Are you feeling okay?" she asked.

I blew up, "Why are you mommying me? I'm really beginning to get confused about this whole guardian-guarded relationship. I mean, it's bad enough that you admit I'm horrible in bed. But now, you're taking pity on me?"

"Woah, woah," she held both her hands up, her palms towards me, "Hold up.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Last night," I reply, "It's not my fault you weren't satisfied. I barely remember anything, so I must've been drunk, and not focused properly."

She held her palms up again, "What do you think happened last night?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, "We did that thing that married people do..."

She placed her head in her hands, "Oh no! What makes you think we did that?"

"I remember you kissing me," I said. She did kiss me right?

She smiled and rolled her eyes, "Oh, of course you'd think that. ."

"Why are you calling me a ?" I asked, "You're the one who basically took advantage of me!"

"Nothing like that happened last night," she said.

I felt my ears get red hot, "It didn't?"

"No," she said.

"So I'm not bad at ?" I asked, teasingly.

"How would I know?" she scoffed.

I heard a ding from the kitchen.

She lit up, "Oh it's ready!"

Later, we sat down on the dining table eating pasta.

"Is it good?" she asks me.

I nod my head as I stuff myself with more.

"Great! I'm glad you like it," she said.

Minutes later, I reached for the pot, and realized there wasn't any left.

"Did I eat it all?" I asked.

She giggled and nodded. I sat back, a bit embarrased and disappointed.

"If you want, I'll make some more," she said.

"No it's okay," I said, "I should probably go now."

"Do you have to go now?" she asked. I looked at her eyes, and for the first time, I could swear she was sad. She almost seemed lonely. 

"I guess I don't" I said. I was surprised at how I easily let my guard down with her.

We watched movies for the rest of the day. Well, she watched them mostly.

Most of the time I found myself staring at her face. 

Noticing the way her eyes squinted when she laughed at funny scenes, or how she would try to hold back tears when sad scenes came up.

How she clenched her fists and grind her teeth when a character made her angry. It was pretty amusing.

But I felt strange. I've never felt so intrigued by one girl.

She eventually fell asleep and I carried her to her room.

At the lobby, the door man stopped me.

"Young man, are you Miss Minyoung's boyfriend?" he asked me.

"No," I said, "We're just classmates."

"Oh, how unfortunate," he said, "You two would make a lovely couple."

I thanked the ahjeossi and continued walking home.

For a while, I could've sworn there was someone following me, but when I looked back there was no one there.