The Fiance

Heaven's Disaster

I woke up in the middle of the night. I've been having the same dream over and over again.

One where I killed Minyoung. I couldn't possibly kill her. I didn't have it in me.

I remember her kissing me the other night.

It felt amazing. I was so sure I loved her. But I couldn't fall for it. She's been using me all along.

And besides, she's marrying someone else.

I got up and went to get me a glass of water.

I encountered Suho in the kitchen.

"I know she was here that day," he confronted me.

"Who?" I tried to avoid the subject.

"Don't play dumb," he scowled, "Minyoung was here. I have eyes everywhere."

And by eyes he meant his friends.

"So what? I sent her off," I frowned at him.

"What did she want?" he asked.

"That's really none of your business," I glared at him.

He didn't flinch, "You shouldn't believe a word she says, Minho."

I kept silent and stared at him.

"She seduced me too," he admitted, "She thought I was the crowned prince. But when she found out I wasn't, she broke up with me and went to find you."

My eyes widened in disbelief.

"I know this may be hard for you to take in," he continued, "Especially with her being all innocent looking and all. But she's no angel Minho."

He placed his arm on my shoulder and gave me a gentle squeeze, "Listen to hyung Minho."

He then walked away and left me alone.

I didn't believe Minyoung seduced Suho. She didn't exactly seduce me.

I guess I was just vulnerable because I was alone.

Crap.

Minyoung was getting married. 

The girl I love was getting married and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

Or could I?

I went back to my room and got dressed.

I faced my palm against the wall and tried to remember the chant Minyoung did the time she brought me here.

"Portal Angelorum," I whispered. Suddenly a bright white light shot out of my hand and a portal formed.

I shot my fist out in the air, "Yes!"

I stepped inside the portal and arrived at the ballroom. 

I went into the hallway and decided to trust my instinctive sense of direction.

As I walked through the long corridor, a soft and sad melody began to get louder.

I arrived at the intersection with the large windows and the piano and the harp.

I expected Minyoung to be sitting on the piano bench. 

Imagine my surprise when I found none other than Lee Taemin.

"What are you doing here?" I interrupted him

He looked at me and continued playing, "I'd ask you the same thing. You know you're not welcome here."

"What does it look like I'm here to do?" I frowned, "I'm here to see Minyoung."

He missed a key and an odd sound came from the piano.

He shut his eyes and sighed, "You can't see her."

"That's not up to you to decide," I ignored him and made my way down the corridor searching for something that may seem like Minyoung's bedroom.

At the end of the hallway there were big white double doors, and there was a gold crown above the door frame.

I reached for the door knob but then I was suddenly on my back, pinned up against the wall.

"I said you can't see her!" Taemin growled at me. His eyes were glowing white.

I felt my eyes begin to glow and a surge of anger take over me, "Who are you to tell me that?!"

His glowing eyes narrowed and he smirked, "I'm her fiance."

The anger in me died down and a I felt a gut-wrenching feeling in my stomach.

"What?" my eyes widened in disbelief.

Taemin released his grip and his eyes stopped glowing, "Minyoung and I are getting married soon."

I frowned, "She doesn't even love you!"

"She could learn," he said, "I've loved her since I first laid eyes on her. But all she ever did was look at you."

"You can't force her to marry you," I said.

"I didn't have to," he replied, "She already agreed."

Why? Why would Minyoung agree to marry someone she didn't love?

"Just leave Minho," he said, "Don't make this harder for her. We'll meet soon enough."

"I want to see her" I protested.

"I told you already," he argued, "You can't-"

"That's up to me don't you think?"our heads swerved at the same time.

Standing at the door was Minyoung. 

"Taemin. I'm sorry but could you please leave us alone?" she asked him.

He stared at her in disbelief, "You want me to leave you alone with him?!"

She nodded, "He won't do anything to me."

"No" he protested.

She sighed, "If you do this for me, I'll agree to our deal."

What deal?

His eyes lit up and he grinned widely, "Really?"

She smiled half-heartedly and nodded.

Taemin glared at me, "Don't do anything stupid or I'll have to kill you sooner than I thought."

I scoffed at him and followed Minyoung into her room.