Healing a Wound

Heaven's Disaster

I was walking down the hallway, when I heard Yeosob call out to me.

"Those guys from the club," he said, "Have they said anything to you?" 

"No, why would they?" I asked.

"Never mind, it's nothing," he said.

I ignored his vague response and made my way to work.

I worked at at a clothing store. I'm pretty sure they hired me because of my looks. I remember seeing this one girl with really bad acne applying for the same job. She was the only one competing against me, and she was probably more capable than me.

"Minho oppa, you're early today," said an annoying voice, "Did you miss me?"

"I have better things to do than to think about you" I said bitterly/

Victoria was the girl who managed the cash register next to me. She was always trying to get me to like her. 

She was pretty, but she was an airhead. 

Work went by pretty fast, every girl would try to flirt with me, and her boyfriend would just glare.

"Oppa, won't you walk me home?" said Victoria clutching my arm.

I shrugged her off, "Go alone."

When I got home I watched a soccer game on television.

My phone rang, and the caller ID revealed a strange number.

"Yeobo?" I said.

"Choi Minho?" asked a familiar melodic voice.

"New girl?" I asked the voice.

I hear a giggle, "You're still calling me that? Do you even know my name?"

I found myself blushing and I was glad she couldn't see me, "Sorry."

"It's okay. I'm Oh Minyoung," she said. I mouthed her name, letting my tongue get used to it.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked.

"Oh, right," she said, "I was calling to warn you that you shouldn't go out tonight, I sense danger in the streets for you."

"I'll be okay," I said, "Don't worry about me."

"But I'm your guardian angel," she said, "I'm supposed to keep you out of trouble."

"I'll be fine," I said and hung up. 

How did she get my number anyways? She's so clingy. 

She's not even my girlfriend. 

That Taemin kid popped into my head. I wonder if he's okay. I didn't mean to almost kill him. I should apologize when he comes back.

I grew hungry and searched my kitchen for something to eat. I was in the mood for oatmeal. 

I opened the fridge and poured myself a glass of milk. Only to find myself spitting it back out again.

I checked the date on the carton. It was expired. 

"Ugh, that's nasty," I muttered to myself. I grabbed my jacket and went to the corner store to buy some milk. I lived in a run down place. Crimes were always happening, but I've been there long enough so nobody bothers me. 

"Hey baby, do you have a lighter," I ignored a e in pursuit and entered the store. I got the milk, paid, and walked back home.

I decided to take a short cut, since I was really hungry. But then two guys get in my way. I turn around to take the usual way, and I see two other guys.

"You're the guy Yeosob sent right?" said one of them. They got closer to me, and I recognized them from the room at the club.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"We want our money," the guy who I remembered was drumming the air, pushed me against a wall.

"Stay cool Minhyuk," said the guy who spoke to me back at the club.

"I don't know what your talking about," I said, "I don't have your money."

"Well, we just want to send a message to BEAST," said another one, he pulled out a knife, "Think you can give it to them?"

I began to run away, but not before the knife sliced my my arm. My legs were long, so I managed to escape wounded. I turned a corner, and felt a pair of hands pull me towards a body. 

"Where did he go?" the for guys appear in front of me. For a second there, I swear one is looking at me in the eye.

"We lost him," said Minhyuk. 

"We'll get him soon," said another one, "Let's go."

Why didn't they see me? I looked at my hand, and realized that I saw right through it.

"Woah!" I said.

"Be quiet," said the melodic voice, "They'll hear you."

"Oh Minyoung?" I asked.

"Shh" she replied.

We watched the guys get into a car and drive off.

She let me go, and we both became visible.

"Is that another one of your powers?" I asked.

"Yes" she said.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I always know," she said, "I have to be alert in case you're in trouble."

"That's kind of creepy," I laughed at her, "So you're my stalker."

"Yah!" she smiled and nudged my arm and I winced in pain.

"You're wounded!" she said as she watched the blood. I hadn't even realized I was bleeding.

"Yeah," I said, "One of them managed to slice my arm."

She hovered her hand over my wound, "Take a deep breath."

"What are you...?" 

Before I could finish my question, a small light shot out of her hand. I held back a painful grunt as my skin came together again.

She smiled at me, "There you go. All healed."

"Thanks," I said sincerely. 

"Anyways, get home safe," she said, "There shouldn't be a problem now."

I frowned, "Are you going home by yourself?"

She nodded.

"I'll walk you," I said.

"No, no" she said, "It's okay. You should go home."

I hesitated but I decided to follow her instructions.

"Goodnight, Choi Minho" she waved at me and left.

"Goodnight Oh Minyoung" I waved back and watched her go.

It was official. I completely believed it. Oh Minyoung was my guardian angel.