Revelations

Heaven's Disaster

Suho. This was the second time today I was reminded of him.

"What sparked your interest?" I asked him curiously.

"That? Um...er.. I realised I don't know much about you" Minho answered.

"Oh? Really? Well I'm sure you'll learn more tonight" I said optimistically.

We arrived at the entrance to the ballroom. One of my father's castle guards stood by the door.

"Princess, welcome. Happy Birthday" he said.

"Thank you," I replied.

He looked at Minho, "May I have your name Sir?"

"Um, Choi Minho" I could tell Minho wasn't used to all the formalities.

"Very well, please follow me" he led us to two double doors. He tapped on each door once. They both opened up at the same time. He walked through the door and stepped aside so that Minho and I walked all the way through. I realised at this moment that I was holding Minho's hand. I looked up at him and met his eyes. He seemed nervous. I gave him a reassuring smile and squeezed his hand.

"I present to you the celebrated Princess Oh Minyoung and her Sir Choi Minho" a thunder of applause erupted amongst the crowd of elite angels.

Minho and I descended the stairs and walked towards the crowd.

"Congratulations Princess!"

"Long live the Princess!"

"Who's her date?"

My father and mother made their way towards us as well.

My father was a tall dark haired man, he looked to be around his thirties but he was actually much older. My mother was an average-height woman with long brown hair, she had thin red lips and pale pink cheeks, she looked even younger than my father, people who didn't know our relationship would often think we were sisters.

"Who're they?" asked Minho.

I smiled, "My parents."

"Minyoung!" my parents opened their arms and engulfed me in a big familiar bear hug.

"My baby's home!" my mother cooed.

"She's all grown up now, Jagiya, she's no baby. I remember carrying her in my arms like it was just yesterday. Sitting her on my lap and reading her fairy tales-" 

I cut my dad off, "Okay, now's not the time to talk about my life."

"I've missed you so much!" my mom still hadn't let go.

"Umma, you're squeezing me into nothing!" I choked out. She let me go and I smiled at them both.

"Happy Birthday!" they sang unison.

"Thank you!" I beamed at them.

"And who is this fine young man?" my mother asked looking at Minho.

Minho blushed a little.

"This is Choi Minho" I answered.

"It's an honour to meet you" Minho bowed at my parents and I blushed in response.

"Such a well educated young man," my mother beamed at my father, "Maybe even good enough to rule."

"Appa!" I whined.

"Jaemin dear, let's not bring it up now," my father squeezed my erratic mother's shoulders.

Minho and I walked around the room, speaking to many friends and aquantiances.

At some point in the evening, Gyuri walked up to us.

"Um, Minyoung. There's someone here who wants to see you?" she said.

"Who?" I smiled. The look in her eyes said it all.

"I don't want to see him" I said coldly.

"I already said that, but he won't leave" she whined.

"Who is it?" Minho asked.

I thought about hiding it for a second but he glared, forcing it out. "It's Suho."

"He said he won't leave unless Minyoung goes out to see him" Gyuri added.

"I should probably go," I muttered.

"I'll go with you" he said. I looked at him to tell him he shouldn't but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

I wanted him to come with me.

We walked outside the ballroom to the garden.

Suho and his crew of demons, EXO, where loitering around the roses. 

"Minyoung, baby" he walked towards me and held his arms out, "I've missed you."

I swiped my arm across the air before him and sent him flying before the fountain, "Leave."

"That wasn't very princess like Minyoung noona" said Sehun.

"You guys really shouldn't be here" whined Gyuri.

"You don't want me here?" Yixing was in front of Gyuri in a blur. He had her chin between her fingers and he her face with his other hand.

"M-Minyoung?" she became frightened. I sent a mental wave and Yixing went flying in the air, crashing into Kai and Luhan.

"Minyoung your eyes are glowing white!" Minho informed me.

"She's in defense mode" I heard Gyuri say, "Angels do this when they feel threatened."

I felt the ground below me shake, and it snapped me out of my defense mode.

"Well it seems like our prince is angry," said Suho.

My eyes flew to Minho and saw that his fists were clenched, his eyes shut tight, and the veins in his neck were darkening.

"Oh no" I muttered, "Gyuri, go inside!"

"What no! Minyoung I can't leave you out here!" she protested.

"Go! Now!" I hissed. She frowned and stomped inside.

I turned to Minho, "Minho, calm down. You can fight this."

"No he can't" said Suho, "Our prince will come to our world, and there will be war!"

"Shut up!" Minho yelled.

"Do you feel it surging in your blood? It's uncontrollable and dangerous. But it feels right somehow doesn't it? It feels powerful and satisfying. Give in my prince, your throne awaits," Suho tried to convince Minho.

"Minho don't listen to him! You're better than this! Please, you can fight it!" I pleaded.

Minho inhaled and slowly opened his eyes.

I felt my breathing stop.

When his eyes were opened I saw that they weren't red.

"You did it!" I jumped towards him and hugged him.

"I did it?" he beamed at me, and struck a fist in the air, "Yes!"

"Oh no, this won't do" said Yixing.

"Indeed," said Suho, "I have an idea."

Before I could even react, I was in the air, and then surprisingly next to Suho.

"What the-" 

Suho cut me off.

By kissing me.

"ARRGGHHHHH!" I heard Minho grunt in discomfort.

I broke away from Suho's grasp and ran towards Minho.

he was on his knees, inhaling and exhaling furiously. 

He looked as if he was in excrutiating pain.

The ground beneath me rumbled once more, stronger this time.

"What is the meaning of all this?!" I heard a familiar booming voice.

Oh no! Abeoji!

"Appa, I can explain.." I said trying to calm him down.

"This party just keeps getting better and better!" shouted Suho.

"You?! What are you doing here?! Guards!" my father yelled at Suho.

Suho didn't even flinch. In one second, the guards that were after him were doubled over in pain on the ground.

"AAAAIIIIISSHHHHH!" Minho yelled louder and the ground shook again.

"Minyoung! Get away from Minho! Now!" my father yelled at me.

I grew desperate, "I can't. I'm his guardian. I c-can't."

"Minyoung sweetie! Come here!" my mother pleaded, "It's not safe over there!" 

"No," I felt tears run down my face, "I have to stay with him!"

"NO!" My father held his hand out and I was in the air, getting away from Minho.

"No!" I moved around and tried to go back down, but I just hovered in the air.

Everyone's eyes were on Minho. 

He stood up and opened his eyes.

They were red. From his back sprouted black wings.

And then he flew off.

"Minho!" I called out.

"Well seems like that's our cue to go" Yixing said and flew off.

"Later, baby" Suho smirked at me and I glared at him while he flew off.

The party ended and everyone left.

"Minyoung, you have to forget about Minho," said my mother.

"No, it's my fault he's like this," I said, "I didn't protect him. I should've protected him!"

"It is his destiny!" my father pounded his desk.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes in disgust, "Destiny?"

"Yes, Minyoung. And it's time you know yours," he sat down before me, "It's time to tell you about the prophecy."