The Confession I

Heaven's Disaster

"What?" I asked her. I just couldn't believe the words that had left .

"I know who your real father is Minho," she said.

Having said it a second time, I got up and headed towards the door.

"Minho wait," she said. 

She grabbed my arm and I jerked it away.

"I don't want to hear it," I said.

"But you have to know!" she pleaded.

"Why? Why the hell do I have to know?" I yelled, "I've been fine not knowing who he is, I don't need to know now!"

I reached for the door.

"Haven't you ever wondered where the strange angry feelings are from?" she asked me.

I stopped myself from turning the handle.

I turned to look at her, "What does he have to do with that?"

She looked me dead on in the eyes, "Everything."

A while later I was sitting on her couch as she brought tea.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I said.

"I had to make this tea first," she said, "It's a secret recipe that keeps you really calm."

"What?" I asked her.

"Just trust me, you'll need it," she placed the cups down on the table and looked at me.

I stared back at her, wondering what she wanted.

And then I realized. I carefully picked up my cup and took a sip.

"Will you start?" I asked her.

She blinked a couple of times and shook her head, "Oh, right."

She turned to me and crossed her legs, "You remember how you couldn't remember what happened the night of your birthday?"

"I still can't," I told her.

"Well, now I'm about to tell you what happened," she sighed, "You were about to get up to leave, and then out of nowhere you began to violently shake on the floor."

"What?" I laughed a little.

"It's true," she nudge my arm, "The veins on your arms and neck turned black, and your eyes were glowing red. You kept saying 'It burns' over and over again. I was so scared, I tried many healing charms and none of them worked. And the he appeared?"

"He?" I asked, intrigued.

"He," she repeated, "Your father."

"What did he look like?" I asked her.

"He's a bit shorter than you, but you still look like a younger version than him," she said.

"Oh," I replied.

Then she smiled at me, "Except your eyes. Your eyes are kind."

I blinked in confusion.

"Minho," she began, "Your father is a demon."

"What?" I looked at her in disbelief, "You're crazy."

"Aw come on," she said, "You can't tell me you don't believe me."

"I can't tell you I do," I admitted.

"I already proved to you I was an angel," she said, "I can't prove that demons exist, because I'm not one of them."

"Just finish the story," I ordered.

"Okay. So he appeared and he said, 'I'm here to take my son with me' and I said, 'Leave him alone.' But then you unconciously began walking towards him. I began to pull you back, and I tried more charms. He seemed to grow tired of my resistance, and he threw me towards the wall," she said.

I got flashed of the four boys being thrown towards walls in the warehouse.

"But then you called out my name, I think you were concerned. You raised your hand towards him and fired. He just disappeared," she ended.

"Disappeared?" I asked, "Just like that? Did I kill him?"

She laughed, "No you didn't kill him."

"So let me get this straight," I said, "I am the son of a demon. And the strange power surge I get when I'm angry is thanks to my demonic roots?"

She smile and nodded, "Yep."

"I guess I can go with that for now," I said.

All I could imagine is having somebody ask me Minho why are you so angry? and having to answer It's because I'm a half-demon.

She laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"I can see your thoughts," she kept laughing and I just looked at her.

"What about when you kissed me?" I blurted out.

She stopped laughing as soon as she started, and looked me in the eye, "You remember that?"

I nodded.

"That's a special healing technique," she said, "It's called the kiss of light."

I got this odd feeling in my stomach as I kept replaying the scene over and over in my mind.

"Um, I can...still..." she pointed to her mind, and then mine.

I stiffened, "Sorry."

I turned my head to hide my awkward blush.

The room stood in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes.

I didn't know why I felt so...odd.

I couldn't get the damn scene to stop replaying.

Something inside of me actually wanted it to happen again.

"Damn it," I muttered.

She looked at me, "What's wrong?"

My eyes traveled from her sweet brown eyes, her rose tinted cheeks,  down to her pink lips.

I wondered what they felt like.

"Minho what are you doing?" she asked.

I inched my face closer to her.

"Minho.." she said.

I cupped her face with my hands. My heart was beating crazy fast. 

I wondered if hers was too.

"Minho are you-" I placed my lips gently on hers.