The Demon's Demise

Heaven's Disaster

Flashback

"I don't," Taemin's response echoed loudly through the big hall.

"Come again?" the man behind the altar whispered nervously.

Taemin sighed and run a hand through his combed hair, "Minyoung," he gently squeezed my hands, "I love you so much. And not marrying you will probably one of the stupidest things I will ever do and something I may regret my whole life."

"Taemin..." I couldn't form the correct words and tears were filling my eyes.

"Up until now, our relationship has been really nice and I've enjoyed every moment I got to spend with you. But you don't love me like I love you. And I don't like to see you suffer quietly and alone. Minyoung, I can't marry you."

"B-b-but, I-I.-"

"Sssshhh" he held his finger to my lips and embraced me in a hug, "Saranghae."

He kissed the top of my forehead, apologized to the shocked crowd, and walked away.

Lee Taemin decided to walk out of my life, but he could never walk out of my heart.

End of Flashback

Minho was leaning over me with a dagger near my neck. His hair was stuck to his forehead sweat dripping down his face.

"Minyoung?!"

I flinched when he yelled my name, and weakly responded, "Heeeeeyyy, Minho."

At this point Suho had released Taemin and was standing behind Minho also staring at me with a dumbstruck expression.

"Minyoung do something?!" Taemin shouted urging me to take action.

It's a war. Right.

I pushed Minho and his knife away from me and leaped up to my feet.

"Minyoung, you're the white knight?" Suho's dumbfounded look had faded and a big amused grin filled it.

"Yes," I responded nervously.

"How?" he asked too amused for the situation.

Suddenly Minho had Taemin pinned up to a wall.

This is all your fault!" he hissed, his eyes glowing red, "You were supposed to marry her! You were supposed to fight me!"

Taemin's eyes began to glow as well. He switched places with Minho and pinned him to the wall.

"I would've marry her! But it would have been wrong because she already loves you! You idiot!" Taemin then angrily punched Minho in the face.

Minho landed on the floor and stared at Taemin with a surprised expression, the latter glared at him and then averted his eyes.

I breathed in and finally said something, "Since Taemin didn't marry me, I had to be the one to fight you."

Minho nodded and frowned, processing it all.

"So you didn't marry Taemin because you love me?" he had a hint of a smile on his face.

I nodded and shyly looked away.

"Well isn't this perfect?" Suho clasped his hands together, "Abeoji is sure to get a kick out of this."

"Abeoji doesn't have to find out," Minho stood up and glared at Suho.

"That's not up to me or you Minho," Suho said, "Abeoji won't rest until she-" he pointed at me, "is dead."

I gulped and felt a bad storm begin to brew.

Right on cue, Minho and Suho's father popped in. Literally just appeared out of thin air.

"Why aren't you dead yet?" he narrowed his eyes at me. I felt myself flinch a little.

His glowing red eyes turned to Minho, "Kill her now!"

Minho stood firmly in his place, "No."

The demon king scoffed, "Why not?"

"I love her," Minho made my heart melt when he said this, "You out of all people should be able to understand. You said my mother was an angel."

"This is different! You have to kill her now!" he yelled at Minho.

"Abeoji, lower your voice," Suho urged, "Minho still can't control his powers correctly."

"I don't care!" the demon king bellowed at his son.

Minho's eyes began to glow red once again. The veins on his neck and his face marked his handsome skin with their darkness. I hung on to something when I felt the ground before me shake once more.

"Yes. That's more like it," the demon king praised his son, "Now do what you came here for."

Minho's eyes fell on me and he slowly walked towards me.

"Minho. N-no, don't do this," I held my sword up to keep distance from us, "Stop it."

He ignored my request and continued his way towards me.

"Taemin! What should I do?" I briefly glanced at Taemin and asked him helplessly.

He exhaled loudly and spoke clearly, "You have to kill him."

My heart stopped and I loosened my grip on the hilt of my sword. It fell to the ground with a loud clang.

I held my hands to my face and began to panic, "I can't do it."

Taemin charged at Minho but was held back by the demon king.

"Let me go!" he struggled to break free but it was pointless, "Minyoung run!"

But my feet wouldn't move. I couldn't kill Minho. And I knew part of him wanted to resist killing me but it couldn't find it's way out.

It needed a light for the darkness.

A light! Of course!

A secretive smile spread across my face. I approached Minho and just as he swung his knife, I ducked the blow and planted my lips firmly on his.

I pressed my fingers against his temple and chanted, "Oscularetur Lucis" in my head.

"What are you doing?! You insolent girl?!" the demon king pushed me away from his son and sent me crashing into a wall.

Did it work?

"Finish her Minho," the man commanded.

At this point Minho's eyes were closed and he was still. His veins were still dark and there was  a black mist surrounding him.

I thought of anything else that may bring out the light in him. And then I thought about where it came from.

"Minho, you're mother," I spoke loudly, "She died trying to protect you, but it was to protect you from him."

"You foolish girl! You don't know what you're saying!" the demon king growled.

"You never wanted Minho! You saw his illegitimacy as a burden!" I saw Suho's and Taemin's eyes grow in shock, "If it wasn't for the prophecy....Minho would have been dead."

The room fell quiet and tension filled the air. 

"If you won't finish her I will!" the demon king charged at me and I froze in shock.

And then a small hole of white light appeared on his chest. Soon enough, lots of small white holes of light filled his whole body until he disintegrated into ashes.

I looked up and saw the reason for the demon king's demise.

"Suho..." My eyes grew wide and I felt my lips go dry.

Minho finally opened his eyes and looked at Suho, "If you hadn't done it, I would have."

Suho frowned, "He left me no choice."

I saw a dark, melancholic aura surround Suho and then he flew away.

"So does this mean war is over?" Taemin looked at me and Minho questioningly with a grin spreading on his face.

"I think so," he frowned in confusion and muttered something to himself.

"Well then let's go stop everything!" Taemin chimed and ran out the door.

Minho looked into my eyes and retrieved me from my post-war shock.

He smiled and his twinkling eyes looked into mine. Holding his hand out to me he inhaled loudly, "Let's go together."

I felt my heart flutter and happily took his hand.