The Demon Prince

Heaven's Disaster

I woke up in a room with red walls and dark mahogany furniture. The sheets on the bed were black and so were the couches. 

This didn't seem like the bed chamber back from last night. I tried to get up but I realised that there were chains attaching me to the bed.

"What the hell?" I pulled at the chains and winced at how tight they were.

"You're awake," a deep voice startled me. 

On the opposite side of the room was a tall man dressed in all black. He had dark brown eyes and jet black hair.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am your father," he said looking into my eyes.

"Cut the Star Wars crap," I said, "Why am I here?"

"Where else would you be?" he said, "This is your home. This is where your people are."

"Why did you kidnap me?!" I asked.

He shook his finger in mid-air, "No, no. You came to me."

"I came to you?" I frowned in confusion, "I don't remember that."

"Try to remember" he said, "I know you can do it."

I closed my eyes and tried to remember what happened yesterday. Scenes of the ballroom start flashing in my head.

The guy in the dark clothes.

Minyoung kissing him.

I remembered feeling a deep agonizing pain.

And then I remember wings. Large dark gold-tipped wings.

We're they mine?

"Those are definitely your wings," he said, "Only royals get gold-tipped wings."

"Who are you?!" I asked again.

He sighed and wiped his hand on his tired face, "Minho. I really am your father."

I look into his eyes for the first time and realise that he is sincere.

My body tenses up, "What do you want?"

"You. I need you. Our kingdom needs you," he said, "You have to train and become king."

"What?! King?! I can't do that! I'm not ready for that! No, Minyoung warned me-" "

"That princess has been fooling you all along!" he yelled in exasperation.

My eyes widened at his accusation, "What?! No, Minyoung would never do anything like that!"

"She would," he said, "because she's ambitious Minho. Her and her family rule many lands. They want more, they want ours and the only way they could ever do that is if they had you."

"Me?" I asked, "What's so special about me?"

"You are the reason all of this is happening," he said, "Everyone in the kingdom has been awaiting your arrival. They are going to have a big festival to celebrate the return of the crowned prince."

"I'm a crowned prince?" I asked.

"Yes" he nods his head affirmatively.

"And I'm half demon?" I asked. He nods his head again.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was crowned prince of a kingdom of demons? 

But why would Minyoung want to fool me? Was it true?

"If I'm a half demon," I begin, "What was eomoni?"

"Your umma was an angel," he said.

"An angel?" I asked, "What was she like?"

In his hand appeared a small piece of paper. He handed it to me, and I saw a pretty girl with brown, wavy hair, smiling.

"She was a very beautiful woman. We fell in love and I was going to make her my queen. We weren't allowed to be together, but we didn't care. After we had you, the angel king grew wary of our relationship. He found her, and he killed her."

"What?" my eyes widened and I felt a strong anger inside of me, "They killed her? Just like that?"

"Yes. They tried to kill you too Minho, but I saved you just in time by placing you amongst the humans" he sat down next to me and began to loosen the chains.

"It was the hardest thing I had to do," he said, "You only had me and your brother, and because of the angels, we couldn't be together."

I frowned, "My brother?"

"Yes. Before I met your mother, I married a princess from another kingdom. She passed away during childbirth unfortunately," he sighed.

I began to feel sympathy for this man who claimed to be my father. He had his shares of love and heartbreaks and has had to live a tough life defending his kingdom.

"Minho, my son. It is your crucial destiny to conquer the angel kingdom for our kingdom. For your darling mother, who protected you from them with until her last breath," he said sternly.

A big breath build up inside of me and I exhaled, "My destiny?"

"The prophecy states that the son of the demon king, that's you, will become demon king, and fight a week long battle against the next angel king" he said.

"A week long war? The next angel king?" That meant Minyoung would have to marry. My gut wrenched up.

My father frowned at me, "You love her?"

I sighed and nodded, "She's not who you think she is Minho. She doesn't care for you. She's only using you for your power."

"She is?" I frowned at the idea.

"She made you fall in love with her Minho," he said, "It's all part of a plan."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair in frustration. This was a lot to take in.

Specially coming from my blood related father whom I had never seen before.

Someone knocked on the door. 

"Come in," said Abeoji. In walked the boy with the black hair and brown eyes.

"Suho, how nice of you to show up," Abeoji turned to me, "This is Suho, he's also my son. He's your brother."

"We've already met," I said looking at Suho. I was frowning disapprovingly at the memory of him kissing Minyoung.

His lips twitched into a crooked smile and his eyes were amused, "We had a very interesting introduction."

My father seemed oblivious to the tension, "Suho will take you around town with his friends. I have some preparations to do before the festival." 

Abeoji stood up and walked towards the door, he turned to Suho, "Make sure to have him here by midnight."

Then he turned to me, "Welcome home, son."

He walked out of the room and left me with Suho.

I glared at him.

He smiled a mischevious smile, "Come on, let's go."

I got up and followed him to the gate of the big dark palace.

Outside we met his friends from last night and a few more.

He introduced them as Sehun, Kai, Yixing, Luhan, Kris, and Chanyeol.

We walked down city like streets. This was very different from the angel kingdom which looked like suburbs. This looked more live and exciting.

We arrived at a bar called Lucifer, it had dim lighting and mahogany furniture with black leather couches. 

We arrived at a table and I met more of Suho's friends: Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Tao, Xiumin, and Chen.

We had some drinks and they were talking about something called EXO.

"Suho! Hi!" a bunch of girls came up to talk to us.

"Luna, baby, what's up?" Suho kissed Luna and her and her friends squeezed themselves in with all of us.

"I heard your brother was around is it true?" she smiled at him and sat on his lap.

"Yep" he confirmed.

"WAH!!"  another girl with a boyish look piped up, "Krystal here has been crazy about the prince since she could read!"

"Amber unnie!" Krystal gaped at her unnie, "Stop!"

"Don't deny it!" said Luna, she then turned to Suho, "So when do I get to meet your brother?"

"Half brother" he spat out, " And today's your lucky day. There he is."

He pointed at me and I did a small wave, "Hey."

The girls all looked at me in wonder. Krystal's face was as red as a tomato and Amber looked at her apologetically.

The one named Sulli leaned over, "Are you really him?"

I shrugged, "That's what everyone says."

Victoria clapped her hands together, "Well then, lets see them!"

"See what?" I asked.

She sighed, "Your wings, duh! Only the king and the crowned prince have gold tipped wings."

"Yeah! WINGS,WINGS, WINGS, WINGS!" Amber began to chant like Onew at KFC and soon enough everyone at our table began chanting.

"Listen up everybody!" Sehun demanded the attention of everyone in the bar, "The crowned prince here will prove himself and reveal his wings!"

Krystal got up and pulled me up from my seat, "I believe in you oppa!"

Well, here goes.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. By now everyone was quiet with anticipation. In my head I imagined wings spreading out while I exhaled.

I inhaled deeply.

Exhale.

I hear a loud whoosh! People gasped.

I opened my eyes and saw my reflection on the mirrored-wall behind our table.

I had big black wings with gold tipped feathers. They were the size of my arm span.

"The demon prince everybody!"  I heard someone say. Everybody erupted into applause.