The Angel Princess

Heaven's Disaster

She led me through a large corridor. The walls were white and tan with gold colored edges. We passed by a big window that has a view of an incredible garden. On the other side there was a grand piano and a harp.

"You play?" I asked. She looked at the instruments and nodded.

"Your highness!" our heads snapped to a small feminine voice. 

A woman who looked to be about twenty-something, stood there dressed in a white pencil skirt and blouse and a black jacket.

"Eunji-ssi!" Minyoung bubbled up and hugged the woman.

The woman was startled but nonetheless hugged her back, "Happy Birthday, your highness."

"Where are my parents?" Minyoung asked.

"Your father is at a council meeting and your mother is in the ballroom," she said, "We have been preparing everything, and have made sure that every detail is perfect."

Jeez...a ballroom?

"A simple cake would have been fine, Eunji-ssi" said Minyoung.

Eunji smiled, "We do have cake! Twenty-five layers of it!"

Twenty-five layers!

Minyoung rubbed her forehead with her middle finger and thumb, "Leave it to umma, to go overboard."

"Nonsense! The crowned princess should have everything in extravagance, she should be extravagant!" Eunji claimed assertively.

Princess? "Uh, Minyoung?" I hesitantly speak up. Minyoung smiles at me and Eunji narrows her eyes.

"Who is this?" Eunji snaps.

Minyoung bounced to my side, "This is Choi Minho."

"That's not what I mean," Eunji scolded, "What is he doing here? You know you're not allowed to bring humans!"

"I'm his guardian Eunji-ssi! How could I leave him alone?" Minyoung pouted.

Seriously? They spoke as if I wasn't even present.

"Well then what do you suggest we do with him?" Eunji asked.

Hello?! 

"He's going to be my tonight," Minyoung expression became assertive, "Prepare everything for him."

"No," said Eunji, "You're parents will not like this."

Minyoung frowned, "I wasn't asking you. That was an order."

I became dumbfounded. Was this really my Minyoung?

Eunji was silent for a few seconds and then she sighed, "Very well, your highness."

She turned and walked away. The click of her heels a soft echo along the wide corridors.

"What was that?" I asked Minyoung.

Minyoung expression became bubbly again, "That's Eunji, she's my umma's assistant."

"You're umma has an assistant?" I asked.

"Of course she does," Minyoung giggled, " Umma has so many hobbies and so many plans, she needs someone to help her."

"Minyoung do you live in..." I looked around and grasped my surroundings, "here?"

"Yes," she answered bluntly.

I remembered something that crossed my mind recently, "Minyoung, why did that woman keep saying 'your highness'?"

"Um..well.." Minyoung flushed, "I haven't been completely honest with you Minho. The truth is-"

"Oh my gosh!" another female voice startled us, "The princess is here!"

"Gyuri unnie!" Minyoung and Gyuri held hands and happy danced.

"I can't believe you're back! Happy Birthday!" Gyuri beamed.

The two girls were two peas in a pod. Bubbly and carefree.

"Thank you!" Minyoung strolled back to my side, "This is Choi Minho, he's my date tonight."

Date? I felt my ears heat up, "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Gyuri smiled at me, "I'm Park Gyuri, assistant to Princess Minyoung."

"Stop introducing yourself as my assistant! You're my best friend!" Minyoung ordered.

"Wait a minute," I held my hands up, " Princess?"

Minyoung bit her lip and Gyuri seemed confused, "Minyoung didn't tell you she's a princess?"

"No," I frowned, "No, she didn't."

I can't believe this! This changes everything!

"It's not a big deal Minho," she said, "I'm just me."

I can't confess to her!

"Right," I said, "Not only are you an angle, you're an angel princess."

"That's not what's important," Minyoung frowned.

"When were you planning to tell me?!" I snapped.

"I just didn't want you to push me even further away!" she pleaded.

"You think I'm pushing you away?" I was a bit offended. I had never opened up to someone as much as I have with her.

"No, not anymore," she admitted. I looked at Minyoung's eyes and saw something I wasn't used to seeing.

I felt something I wasn't used to seeing. 

Gyuri coughed, "Well, will you look at the time? It' s time to get you guys into hanboks! How 'bout it, huh?"

"Oh is it that time already?" Minyoung broke away from my gaze, "Will you help Minho? I can handle myself."

"Sure," Gyuri answered, "I'll go to you as soon as I'm done with him."

Minyoung walked away and Gyuri led me in an opposite direction.

"Come with me," she said, "You'll be staying in here for the night."

She brought me to a room with a big white bed on the center. The walls were a tan color and the furniture had golden tipped wood.

"I'll be staying the night?" I asked.

She nodded and pointed to a closet, "In there you will find a couple of suits and hanboks. If you really want to impress Minyoung's parents, I suggest a hanbok."

"Who said I wanted to impress Minyoung's parents?" I frowned at her.

She smiled, "Minyoung can be a little dense, so you probably don't notice your feelings are obvious."

I felt my face flush and she giggled, "Don't worry I won't tell anyone. See you later."

She walked out and left me.

I walked to the closet and chose a hanbok.

Then I walked to the bathroom and had a quick shower.

I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked outside.

When I walked into the room, I was startled by a guy who was leaning against the wall near the window.

He had brown hair and was dressed all in black.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"No, no," he smiled and shook his head, "The question is who are you?"

"Me?" I asked in confusion. Why did he want to know me?

"Oh, don't tell me you don't know" I shook his head an laughed, "You're Choi Minho, son of Salazar."

"Salazar?" I asked coldly, "I don't have a father."

"Don't deny it," he said, " You can't deny it. It's in your blood. It's stronger than you. And you could have so much power. Choi Minho. crowned prince of demons!"

"I don't want any of it!" I yelled. I felt anger surging in my veins. My heart was beating out of control.

He grinned, "Look. There it is. Wow, you really are the demon prince."

"Leave," I snarl.

"As you wish, your highness," he bowed and turned towards the window, 

Before stepping out, he turned to me, "Oh, and stay away from Minyoung. She's mine."

I charged at him but before I could grab him, he jumped out of the window.

I saw him fly away, his wings dark as night.

What the hell was he saying? "She's mine"? Is he Minyoung's boyfriend?

I got dressed and walked outside. I heard a beautiful melody being played with a string instrument.

A harp. I walked towards the music and found Minyoung playing a tune.

It was an interesting melody, sad actually.

Her eyes met mine and she stopped.

"I didn't know you were there, sorry," she smiled shyly.

"No, don't stop" I encouraged, "It was really good. How long have you been playing?"

"Since I was six," she smiled at her memory, "It's comforting."

I looked at her angelic face and my heart sank to see her expression.

It's as if she lost something important.

"Well, everyone's waiting" she stood up and grabbed my arm, "Let's go."

She led me through the hallway. I could hear the sound of muffled music.

"Minyoung, can I ask you something?" my curiosity spiked up.

"Sure" she smiled at me, "Anything."

I gathered up my courage, "Did you ever have a boyfriend?"

Her smile fell and she looked down at her feet, "Yes."

My heart sank as I realized she may still have feelings for him.

"Was he an angel?" I asked.

She bit her lip, "Actually, er, no."

"No?" I asked confused, "I thought you had only associated with angels before you arrived on the earth."

"I did, sort of" she sighed, "My ex-boyfriend was a demon, Minho."

"A demon?" I asked, "Angels are allowed to associate with demons?" 

"Not exactly," she said, "Suho and I broke the rules."

"Suho" I still couldn't believe that she dated a demon.

"Yes, that's his name.