The Troubled Boy

Heaven's Disaster

My father and mother sent me off to Earth on private jet, since I had lost my wings.

"Please understand," he said apologetically, "It's for your own good. You're always getting into trouble, and you're not doing well in school."

"Appa" I whined, "You're being unfair."

I gave him big puppy eyes, that always got him, "Can't you just let it slide? I promise I won't disobey you ever again!"

"Minyoung!" yelled my eomma, "You went behind our backs with a demon!"

"We cannot let it slide," said appa, disappointment palpable in his tone, "I feel that it's my fault you've turned out like this. Spoiling you, has gotten me an irresponsible daughter. But now you will have to learn responsibility in order to gain your wings."

I pouted. It was hard to resist demons, they get to have all the fun while here everybody was a goody-two-shoes. But I really wanted my wings back.

"I promise to work hard as a guardian," I sincerely told my parents.

They smiled and kissed my forehead, "We believe in you" they said in unison. Then they sent me off.

I, Oh Minyoung, Princess of the Angel Kingdom of Angelus, was sentenced to help a troubled teen because I was deceived and framed by a demon. Damn demon. As I left home all I could think about was how I was still heartbroken and now I had no one to console me. But I planned my revenge for after I got my wings back.

I arrived to my apartment late at night.

It was like a smaller version of my palace back at Angelus. The living room was all white, with a chandelier hanging from a spherical cieling centerpice. The cieling had been painted a sky blue, with clouds and adorable baby cherubs. The only difference about these cherubs were that they didn't speak to me. 

I really missed my palace. My room had sky blue and white furniture, and in the center was a big round bed. The kitchen in the apartment was typical, but foreign because I had never used a kitchen, ever. Finally the dining room table seated four people and was decorated with big harp in the corner. 

I decided to get some rest after buying some basic groceries: ramen and water and such things. Tomorrow was my first day of work.

 

I arrived to school the next day, blending in with everyone else in my uniform... or so I thought.

"Who is she?"

"Wow she's so pretty!"

"Love her legs, hate her."

These were some of the things I heard as I strolled through the hallways. Humans. I rolled my eyes at the whispers and made my way to the office. 

"May I help you?" I spoke to a woman in her mid-thirties.

"I'm the new transfer student," I smiled at her, "Oh Minyoung."

She stared at my face for a few seconds before actually reacting, "Oh, of course. From California!"

I nodded in response.

"Please have a seat while the headmaster..." she trailed off for a second, "deals with a certain problem."

I sat down and waited. After a while, I heard a crash, and saw a tall figure standing outside the headmaster's office. He was really handsome. He had a certain charisma flowing out of him, as if it were flaming. He looked disturbed however, and his eyes locked with mine. I flinched, a bit surprised at his cold glare. But he just smirked and ran off.

"Haksaeng!" I heard the headmaster yell. The headmaster was a short chubby old man. His face was red and blotchy from the anger. He placed his head in his hands and sighed.

"Excuse me?" I spoke softly. He looked up, his expression confused. 

"May I help you?"he seemed distraught and he tried to get himself together.

"I'm the transfer student" I spoke firmly, "From California."

He stared at me in thought and then he finally snapped his fingers, "Oh Minyoung!"

"Yes," I smiled.

"Of course," he said as he turned around to lead us back to his office, "Lets go into my office to speak about your schedule."

"Sir?" he turned around, wondering why I wasn't following him, "May I ask who that was?"

"He's just a problem student," he said, waving it off, "Stay away from him and you'll be fine."

I pouted. How bad can that guy be?

 

When I arrived to my classroom, I sat down near a window. Choi Minho was supposed to be in this class and as I looked around, I wondered who he could be. I scanned the room for possible targets. I saw a kid with glasses, reading a book. And another one playing with action figures under the table. It had to be one of them. Who else would need guarding right? Piece of cake.

I sat in my seat and played with my hair, when I overheard some girls talking, "Did you hear about what happened to Taemin oppa?"

"Yes," said cried one girl, "I hope he's okay. Who would be so mean as to damage his brakes?"

"My poor oppa! We have to go visit him later," argued another girl , "Now that I think about it, didn't Choi Minho get in trouble because of oppa?"

"That Choi Minho is the devil!" I chuckled at her comment. But she couldn't be talking about my Choi Minho, impossible.

"Do you think he was the one who damaged Taemin oppa's brakes?"

I stopped listening to their conversation. Who was Choi Minho? Who was this "Taemin oppa"? But most importantly, what did Choi Minho do? Why should I care? He's not my Choi Minho. 

All of a sudden everyone stopped talking and looked at the same place. Standing in front of the door, was the tall guy from before. He walked into class and sat down in front of me. 

After a beat, two guys  stormed up to him, "It's your fault Taemin is in the hospital isn't it?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about," replied the tall guy with a deep, hypnotizing voice. I could tell he was lying, my angel powers see through lies and can tell emotions. He was nervous and he felt regret. But most of all he felt sorry.

"DON'T LIE!" one of the guys seemed really passionate.

"Jonghyun calm down," said another one.

"How can you be so calm Yeobo!" Jonghyun whined, "This guy almost took our Taeminnie's life!"

"I already said it wasn't me!" the guy stood up and slammed his hands on his desk. He was really sorry, he felt like scum. I felt kind of bad for him. It was probably an accident.

"Choi Minho" the othr boy claimed Minho's attention, "I knew you were always troubled, but this..."

"I'm innocent!" he pleaded, and slammed his hand against the door frame. I stood up and many heads turned to mine.

"Just leave him alone," I said, "He already said he didn't do it."

"Yah! New girl," I heard some girl say, "Stay out of this!"

"Just because it's most likely he did it, doesn't mean it was him," I said looking at Key and Jonghyun.

"Just shut up," said Jonghyun.

"Yeah you don't know what you're saying" said Key.

"Think about it!" I said, "In every mystery book or movie, there is always one person who most likely did it, but then it's always someone unexpected. You're probably looking at your Red Herring."

"You're so weird," said the guy I was defending. I looked at him and saw his feelings. He was confused, but thankful.

I smiled at his comment. To me, you're the weird one human. The bell rung and everyone had to settle down.

Jonghyun looked at the guy intensely, "This isn't over Choi Minho."

Choi Minho sat down and I tapped his shoulder, "What do you want?"

I had to know, "Are you by any chance, the only Choi Minho in this school?"

He turned to me, "Why? What's your business with me?"

"Um, I just want to know, because" I bit my lip and thought about my lie, "my childhood friend lived around here and his name is also Choi Minho."

I smiled at my successful lie.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you," he said, "But I am the one and only Choi Minho."

I sank back into my seat. Choi Minho is definitely going to be a tough nut to crack.