Chapter 2 Strange

Disordered Feelings

He didn't care and didn't have to. Yunhee sighed. It was a bit embarrassing to be sitting next to someone Soyeon found attractive and have them tell you to stop injuring yourself. She didn't do it on purpose. 

The lesson went on and on, when she noticed Kai pull out a candy bar. Yunhee tilted her head, she hadn't had anything sweet or chocolatey for a while now. She her lips, practically drooling at the sight of junk food. 

Kai noticed her staring. Technically he could say she was staring at his crotch area however he knew it was because he had a candy bar in his hand. "Want some?" he asked out of politeness.

Yunhee's eyes widened. Yes I want some, she thought. But she couldn't take it. "No thank you," she turned away. After dieting and losing weight her world just seemed more focused on food then ever. It felt as if everyone was teasing her every time they easily stuffed their bodies with calories. 

Yunhee scoffed as Kai finished the candy bar. "Did you enjoy it?" 

Kai nodded and Yunhee rolled her eyes. "Why don't you eat though? I've never seen you eat," Kai knew he probably shouldn't have asked but he was curious. 

Yunhee shrugged. "I'm trying to lose weight,"

Kai bunched his eyebrows together. "You're trying to lose weight?" Yunhee nodded. "I think you don't need to do that, to be honest, you're already a bit too skinny in my opinion," Kai blurted. It was true, he believed Yunhee was find just the way she was, if anything she should gain a few pounds.

Yunhee shrugged again. She was touched by his comment, but he was probably lying to make her feel better. "Thanks but I'm aiming to be as skinny as Soyeon,"

Kai rolled his eyes and snorted. Why did everyone want to be like Soyeon? She was a boring and looked like a doll. Nothing unique, no emotion. 

As lunch came along Kai and Kris made their way to Soyeon's table. Kai didn't really see the need to sit at her table but Kris said it was necessary if they wanted to fit in. Which was true, Soyeon's table was the table to be at. The one that everyone wanted a seat at. 

Yunhee noticed as she was taking out a bag of crackers that Kris and Kai were approaching. Instead of looking at Kai she looked at Kris. He also had handsome features, in a different aspect of handsome though. Thick eyebrows and dyed hair. He was actually a bit mesmerizing.  

Kris felt eyes on him and turned to see Yunhee gazing at him. "I know I'm handsome no need to stare," he scoffed at the Soyeon wannabe. 

Soyeon turned seeing that Kris was talking to Yunhee. Her eyes widened in disgust as she saw the bag of crackers in front of, in her mind, the overweight girl. "You're actually eating?!" 

Yunhee surprisingly looked at Soyeon and then down at her bags. She suddenly felt like throwing them across the room but she was starving. Her stomach was basically yearning for the crackers. "I'm hungry..." she replied guiltily. 

Soyeon rolled her eyes. "What a lame excuse, no commitment whatsoever!"

Kris looked at Yunhee and felt a little bad. If he hadn't pointed her out for staring, Soyeon probably wouldn't have noticed her small bag of crackers and the girl would've been able to eat just fine. He just wanted to poke some fun at her. Kai looked at his cousin noticing the guilty look in his eyes. He nudged Kris before Soyeon could catch the look. Kris turned his attention back to the so called queen. 

Yunhee slowly ate the bag of crackers. She felt disgusted at herself for consuming each piece. felt dry, tasteless, and horrible. She wanted food but not as much as she wanted to be smaller. After finishing the bag, she couldn't take it anymore. She had to get the calories out of her system. Yunhee quickly got up and walked out of te cafeteria and straight into the bathroom. She already had a utensil in her hand, ready to make herself give back the unwanted calories and flush them away for good. 

Kai watched as Yunhee got up and quickly walked to the bathroom. At the same time in the corner of his eyes he saw Soyeon smirking. What was she gonna do in there? Smoke? He thought to himself. Kai wouldn't be surprised if the whole group did something along the lines of that. They didn't seem to know the seriousness of those activities anyways. He certainly wasn't gonna stop them. But, he still found it stupid. 

As lunch went on for the next ten minutes he watched the bathroom door intently waiting for Yunhee to walk out. Kai didn't enjoy mysteries very much and this was bugging him on how she just walked straight to the bathroom, wordlessly. He knew he didn't need to be curious or anything but he couldn't help it.

Kris noticed his cousin's staring when Soyeon finally turned to talk to her group of girl friends."What are you staring at?" he asked, turning to look in the direction.

As Yunhee walked out, Kris and Kai both saw it. She was clutching her stomach and her eyes were bloodshot and a bit teary. Wide eye Kris turned to Kai. "Was that...?"

Kai nodded, knowing his cousin would've said Yunhee. Smoking wouldn't have caused that, for all he knew he didn't think having would cause her to be bloodshot and teary either... He pushed the thought away. No way it could be that. Maybe she was just crying? Soyeon did say cruel words to her. 

Then, he thought back to earlier today. Where she rejected his chocolate due to wanting to lose weight, how she only ate a little bag of crackers, and how Soyeon picked fun at her weight. She just made herself purge didn't she? He looked at Kris, seeing if he thought the same thing. Only to see Kris paying attention to Soyeon. He scoffed, you just saw a girl walk out of the bathroom with bloodshot eyes and you're gonna ignore it? Kai thought in disgust but in reality, what was he doing to stop it? Nothing. He shouldn't be thinking of it anyways. Kris was doing the normal, correct thing. Kai was going to ignore it.