Chapter 9 Enjoyment of Suprise

Disordered Feelings

a/n: Slap me, punch me, and hate me. (/.\) I'm sorry guys for leaving for so long! I promise to never do so again. I blame my jerk of a literature teacher though. Forgive me! Comments really do help me want to write and post more so those would be really appreciated! 

"Watch me," she mouthed.

Kai's eyes widened in shock. He basically sprinted towards her, grabbing her arms and pulling her into an aggressive embrace. "Don't you even think about doing that again!" He screamed at her. 

Yunhee sobbed in Kai's arms. She didn't want to actually take her own life. As bad as it was, as torturous as life was she had a feeling in the pit of her oversized stomach that she couldn't leave, not yet. 

Tears stained Kai's shirt but he couldn't care less. What important right now was Yunhee, and how they were sitting on the school's rooftop edge. She almost went through with it. If I grabbed her arm a second late she would be dead... Kai shuddered in his mind. 

"Jongin, let me go," the words stung Kai's heart. Did she still want to kill herself?

"No," he hugged her even tighter as she uncomfortably squirmed to get out of his grasp. "I'm not letting you go, Yunhee," 

Yunhee sighed, not knowing the deeper ring to the statement. "I just want to sit down, Jongin! Please let me go!" She begged.

"Promise you will just sit?" 

She nodded. Kai slowly let her out if his arms. She let out a exasperated sigh. "I'm going to continue, Jongin,"

Kai stiffened at her words. His mind was just on fire. How could she think like that?! What made her think that all this was ok?!  He let out a small growl of frustration.

Yunhee turned and looked at him with darkened eyes. "If you don't want to repeat what happened there, then don't stop me. Next time it'll be worse," she got up.

His eyes and heart dropped. Kai didn't know what to do anymore. "Where are you going?" 

"To the park," she started to walk away.

"Wait!" Kai grabbed her wrists, gently. "You'll be ok... Right?" 

Yunhee nodded. "Don't worry. I won't do anything stupid! Can I leave now, Mr. Controlling?" Yunhee scowled. She really did only plan on walking in the park, to ease her mind, and figure out her situation. 

"Ok... Give me your address first," Kai demanded.

Yunhee frowned. "Why?!" 

"Just in case I want to check up on you later!" 

"Just call!" 

Kai looked her sternly in the eyes. "Give me you address," 

Yunhee scowled and Kai gave her a pen, she roughly scribbled her address on his arm. "There happy?!"

Kai nodded, satisfied. Yunhee rolled her dead, tired eyes. "I hate you," she strode away.

Kai's mind and body stung. He didn't mean for her to hate him. He just wanted to help. He just wanted to make her feel beautiful and special... And... Loved.

Kai pondered the thought for a few seconds before racing out of the school, slipping out of the gate, making no noise so that the security guard wouldn't catch him. He raced to his own home, unlocked the door, and kicked off his shoes.

His aunt was currently home, a short break from her busy work. Her eyes widened as she saw Kai, thinking that he was back to his troubled ways, skipping and such. "Kai, why are you home?" 

Kai looked at her with pleading eyes. "Auntie, it's not what you think! Please believe me! I have something to do for someone!" 

She looked at his sincere eyes. He seemed so determined. "Alright then, Kim Jongin. I believe you," she said using his real full name. 

Kai bowed, fervently thanking her. He rushed upstairs and found a sharpie and a pack of sticky notes. He almost fell trying to get back downstairs. "Bye Auntie! Thank you so much!" He bowed and then shot out the door.

She smiled sweetly. When are you going to just call me mom? 

Kai took the bus right to Yunhee's street.  He raced to her house, eyes quickly scanning for the right house. His eyes brightened when he reached he house. It was brightly colored yellow and white. An average looking house, that seemed extremely warm and loving from the outside. It was like a whole opposite of Yunhee. Kai presumed her parents were cheerful people though. Or so he hoped. 

Kai swallowed, the spit slowly running down the inside of his throat as seconds ticked. He hoped they weren't into physiognomy or anything... It wasn't like he was here to whisk away their daughter. He was here to brighten her day. Stepping out of his frightened shell he tapped the door, praying that this would go smoothly.

The door hesitantly opened. "Is there anything you need?" Yunhee's father asked. He came to open the door expecting his Chinese delivery but instead he got a tall, gangly looking boy. 

Kai cleared his throat. "Hello sir. My name is Kim Jongin, I'm your daughter's project partner..." He said barely audible, Kai decided using his birth name sounded a bit more well raised and structured so he decided to go by that.

"And you are here for?" Mr. Park raised an eyebrow. Isn't this kid skipping school? 

Kai flipped his hair nervously, but then using a confident tone he just spilled. "Alright I'm not going to beat around the bush. Your daughter isn't the brightest, cheeriest person at school. I just wanted to go to her room to put sticky notes filled with compliments to make her day a bit better..." His voice lowered in volume as he went.

Mr. Park pondered the thought. His precious princess was acting down and it tore his heart everyday to see her like that. Even if this kid was skipping, would it hurt to just watch him put a few sticky notes up here or there? "Alright, come on in. You have my permission but I'm watching you while you completing your task," 

Kai grinned with satisfaction. "Thank you so much!" He stepped inside to the lovely home. It felt warm and it was very clean. It even smelled nice, like apples. But it was lacking... Lacking something that Kai couldn't point out at the moment. He decided to let it go since he was here to complete a mission not find missing puzzle pieces. 

Mr. Park nodded his head at Kai; implying that the younger should follow along towards Yunhee's room. "Here it is," he opened the door. Her room was painted an extremely light lavender color. So light that it was just a shade away from white. Kai marveled at the flowers painted on the walls and the pastel, floral theme of the room. It was magnificently girly and sweet, it didn't seemed like someone like Yunhee lived in it. Mr. Park eyed him as the boy just stared in awe at the girly princess room. Kai snapped out of his curious trance and began to write simple compliments on the bright neon sticky notes. 

Phrases like "you're beautiful", "you're funny", "your hair looked really nice today", and such were used. Kai avoided using the word love though. He felt the word was too strong and powerful to just throw around. Finally, he stuck them in random spots, on her vanity, on her mirror, on her pillow, and just random places that he was sure Yunhee visited frequently. 

"I'm done, sir," Kai spoke calmly, he felt good after being able to fill Yunhee's room with his barely legible handwriting. 

"Thank you, Jongin," Yunhee's father smiled. The kid meant what he said. He just wanted to brighten Yunhee's day. 

Kai made his way to the door, bowed and left with a large grin on his face and gleaming eyes. He fervently hoped that Yunhee would enjoy her surprise.