Chapter 17 KAI

Disordered Feelings

Kris threw a pillow at his cousin. "What did you do?!"

Kai shrugged. "Is she crying or something?"

Kris rolled his eyes. "She's begging for your number to apologize." 

"Don't give it to her." Kai answered coldly.

"She'll just find you during school."

"So?" Kai said, bored. He indeed felt a bit guilty about just leaving Dahyun but she needed to apologize in person. He's not excepting text apology or half ones. Her apology in person better be great if she's seeking his forgiveness. 

"Well, whatever. Just don't make her cry or anything." Kris sighed before exiting the room.

"Pfft it's been a while since I've made a girl cry!" Kai cried out defensively. Then, he backed tracked... Yunhee. He knew it wasn't all his fault and that he did a good thing but he DID make her cry... 

The next morning, Kai entered the school building, still really tired. He stayed up doing homework that he forgot he had. Kai made his way to his locker when he heard a high pitched voice call out Yunhee's name. 

"Dahyun?" Yunhee was confused as to why the school's pride swimmer called out her name. 

"I just wanted to say... I'm sorry. To be honest, I did judge you. I did say things that were probably unreasonable. I just wanted to sincerely apologized since its unfair and I have no clue what you have been through. Really. I know I may sound fake and this apology may seem irrelevant to you but I just needed to get it off my chest." Dahyun bowed at ninety degrees. 

Yunhee stared at her in shock, Dahyun was older than her so bowing so deeply to her in front of everyone was degrading. "It's ok! A lot of people do. Thank you for apologizing for it." She quickly held Dahyun's arm and helped her straighten up. Dahyun smiled and walked over to Kai, who was staring at the scene, just like many others.

"I'm deeply sorry." Dahyun bowed then straightened, grasped her books tighter than began to walk away from Kai.

"Dahyun, Saturday, you want to hangout?" Kai called out, stunning her and a few bystanders. 

Her eyes widened with joy before nodding and striding away before he could change his mind. Kris came up behind Kai and patted him on the back. "Good job." Kris swiftly said before immediately leaving to walked Soyeon to class.

Soyeon bit her lip. She wanted Kai with Yunhee. Yunhee deserved someone in her life over anyone. Not that Dahyun was a bad person but she definitely has it easier than Yunhee has. Kai would be perfect for her, he already cared enough and he was already on great terms with her parents... He just needed to wake up. They both needed to wake up. Kai needed to wake up from the allusion that he was attached to her by some obligation, which Soyeon thought was a complete mental cover up for his undying commitment to her. As for Yunhee, she was in some sort of nightmare and she needed someone to blame. Her mental stage was just so messed up. She literally needed to push it all on someone, who happens to be Kai. Someone who could be proven very potent to her life. Her mind just blames her whole illness on him. Her whole disorder and everything was dumped on him. She needed to wake up and realize that her disorder wasn't a joke, she can't just refuse all of the help forever and that Kai is not the cause of her failure but of her success. 

"What are you thinking about, babe?" Kris tried to read her eyes, Soyeon seemed to be so out of it lately. 

"Nothing! I was just thinking... It's nothing, really. Don't worry!" She smiled at him. How lucky was she. She started her relationship in vain and yet it was the closest thing to love she has ever felt in her life now. She gave Kris a kiss. "I'm so thankful that we're not idiots who can't wake up and that you're just so amazing." 

Kris laughed at her peculiar statement. "I'm thankful for you too."

--------------------

As each day passed by slowly, Yunhee watched. She watched what would become of her plant, and ultimately her, if she payed it no mercy. She watched her plant without putting any effort into it. She watched as it became dry, she watched as it became an ugly green color, she watched as it turned yellow, and she watched as it turned brown and basically... Died. Yunhee watched in sorrow. Her therapist was correct. The plant was like herself. It didn't have love it didn't have need nutrients. It died. She would die. If she didn't turn her life around, she would very much die. Tears slowly rolled down her cheeks as she sat there, in the empty house listening to the rain hit the window ever so quickly and roll down like it was rolling down a child's hurt cheek. She sat and wondered where it all went wrong? Yunhee sat there, staring at her plant as she did every few days to see its progress. She now knew the answer to the problem that was haunting the back of her head. She needed love, she needed to eat, she would rather look ugly than to look dead. Yunhee was sure of it. Sitting there for the last time, watching the dying plant, she knew she had to turn her life around. She just had to. Sitting there on a Friday while Soyeon and Kris were shopping, and Kai was out on his third- 

KAI.

While going over where everyone was the name hit her. 

KAI.

She had to see him. She had to tell him. She had to tell him she didn't want to die. She had to tell him she wanted love and care and a life. All within that last hour, she decided she wanted to change her life. Yunhee was tired of it being dull. She was sick of it being grey. She wanted color, she wanted green. She wanted a life her plant never had. 

Yunhee quickly wiped her tears away, grabbed her phone and broke the silence when the person she called picked up. "Soyeon! Where's Jongin?! Where is he?!" She shrieked. 

Soyeon held the phone away from her ear. "He's at the diner near your house with Dahyun! Why?!" 

"I've found my answer." Yunhee quickly shut the phone off and bolted out the door, not bothering to do anything but to put on shoes. Within that split second, she realized her plant was dead and with that she realized her life was dead. Yunhee needed Kai. He was the only one who would understand and comfort her through this epiphany. She ran towards the cafe. Not even bothering to care how ridiculous and reckless she looked. 

As Yunhee bitstream through the doors, breathing heavily she spotted Kai. He was laughing, arms around her shoulders, having a good time. He seemed to be so happy. So... Alive. Something that Yunhee very much wasn't. With the image in her mind, she turned away. Her heart just shattered. Shattered into a million pieces for no reason. She didn't understand anything. She thought she had the answer. She was sure of it. Killing her plant, not feeling anything, disappointing everyone. Yunhee thought she found the solution to it. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe that was far from the answer. Really far.

Maybe, just maybe, her answer was that... She had feelings for her night in shining armor, the one she despised so much, she really didn't despise at all. 

a/n: My story was just going waaaaay too slow. So I sped it up and placed a little skip in events. c; You're welcome. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR GUYS! Hehe, I'm excited for the plans I have for it!