Chapter 5 Getting Closer

Disordered Feelings

I hate them, I hate their perfect  bodies, and out of pure hate... I hate Kai. For not letting me be like them.

 
No One's Pov
 
The bell rang. Kai blinked, squirmed in his seat, and began walking into the hallway on to his next class. He spent the whole period planning, planning and watching Yunhee carefully. She didn't seem to be paying attention to the lesson. He didn't expect her to be. He wasn't paying attention either, his mind was already clouded enough with thoughts, it wasn't exactly necessary to cloud them with lessons and questions he already knew the answers to. 
 
He had made a very careful decision. Kai was going to attempt to make friends with Yunhee. Be kind and make her happy. Not because he wasn't kind to began with and not because that he liked making people happy but because she had an aura. An aura that just screamed for him to help her and be attached to her. Kai knew it was weird and totally not ok with him to really be drawn to her since she was a female and he was always careful about females. He sighed and realized he was going to be late for class. Picking up his pace he tucked away his thoughts about Yunhee and his carefully constructed plan on aiding her for a little while.
 
Kris's eyes widened as Yunhee entered the classroom late. What happened there? He thought. She didn't care about being late, she took her precious time. But, her eyes were still swollen and she still looked indecent. 
 
Should I ask her about it? Or... Should I not? Kris contemplated the thought of asking Yunhee why she was late and why she looked so dead. She looked so awfully broken and torn it surprisingly tugged at his heart, the sight was so depressing. She was a sweet, quiet girl. A bit strange at times but she never did anything wrong to him. 
 
Yunhee looked at her surroundings. Everything seemed so stupid and unappealing. She hated everyone. They could all kill themselves for all she cared. Her life was just slowing draining. She listened and watched the teacher drone on and on, not actually processing the words that she was saying. 
 
Nearing the end of the period Kris finally decided to go and just ask her what was wrong or what happened. He carefully slid into the empty spot beside her. "Hey Yunhee,"
 
She turned to look at him, why was he speaking to her? Does he know? Did Kai text him the information or something? "What do you want?" she asked sleepily.
 
"I was just wondering why you were late and why you look so..."
 
"Ugly? Broken? Depressed? Fat?" she butted in. 
 
Kris's eyes widened. Yunhee was being a little stingy today. "No... So tired and um thrown off,"
 
She shook her head. "No reason. It's none of your business," she managed to spat at him. Yunhee didn't mean to, she was just so disorientated and tired. 
 
"Oh ok then..." Kris got up and returned to his seat as the bell rung. Maybe Kai knew what was wrong. He did follow he today. He might've even caused for all Kris knew. 
 
Yunhee dragged herself home and plopped on her bed, in the comfort of her own room. She sat and thought in silence. Her goal seemed so unreachable, Kai was making her a failure. She let the silence beat in her room. How ridiculous was her life? She should go out and do something. She should work out, that would shed more calories and burn lots of fat. Yunhee brightened a bit at the idea. She went to her closet and grabbed gym clothes to change in to.
 
After changing and fixing her appearance she dashed downstairs. Her mom looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Where are you going?" 
 
"I'm going to work out! Don't wait for me, I'll be back after dinner, I'll just grab something to eat before I jog back home,"
 
"Alright," her mom answered. She didn't really like the idea since it was so dark out, but it was only a little healthy jog do she let it slide. "Have fun!"
 
Yunhee stepped outside and being running. Thoughts flew around her mind as she was making her way down the hill and around her neighborhood. She tried calculating the approximate calorie loss today. She secretly thanked the lord that she attended an American system based school, where the kids had to walk during the passing periods and not stay in the same place all day. 
 
After an hour or so she ran back home, she told her mom that she would grab something to eat but didn't really think about actually grabbing anything. Entering her home she politely greeted her parents then ran straight to her room. She would be jogging everyday now. 
 
The next day rolled around. The periods before lunch just zoomed by. Yunhee was too preoccupied by the thoughts of calorie calculations and banned foods invaded her mind. Lunch rolled around soon enough and she gulped. Kai was now at her side and smiled. He has been watching her, studying her little quirks and all. "Remember what I told you," he said gently.
 
Yunhee nodded. It really left her mind after working out. "Yeah," 
 
When they were almost to the lunchroom, Kai came to an abrupt stop and grasped Yunhee's wrists. "Let's not eat there today," Yunhee looked at him confused, she wasn't eating anyways, even though her stomach was begging her too. "I have a lunch in my backpack, let's go eat on the roof!" With that said he pulled her wrist and ran toward the stairs, up to the roof. 
 
Yunhee looked around as they stepped out onto the concrete plane. It was really empty, grey, and boring. Kai acknowledged it was boring too but he was determined to make it fun. "Sit down," he patted the spot next to him on the ledge. Yunhee peered over, it was a really long ways down... "I won't let you fall," Kai whispered, seeing the frightened look on her face.
 
Yunhee quietly sat down. "What are we doing here?" 
 
Kai gently smiled. "So we can talk and become better friends!" his smile grew. It was part of his plan, his plan of actions to help Yunhee. The plan that he really didn't know how to explain anymore. Younger awkwardly nodded and then silence rang throughout the whole rooftop. 
 
Breaking the strikingly awkward silence, Kai spoke up. "So want to tell me more about yourself?"
 
Yunhee shrugged. "I guess... My full name is Park Yunhee, I'm the only child, and I'm pretty sure we're the same age..."
 
Kai nodded and smile. "Well on the roster my name is Kim Kai but actually it's Kim Jongin, I had it legally changed after Kris's parents took me in, I'm not the only child, I have two older sisters, but I really consider Kris as my brother, and yeah we're the same age..." 
 
Yunhee looked at him in curiosity, she had questions but started off with the easiest one, "Why did you change your name?" 
 
Kai just shrugged. "I just wanted to, don't really have a reason," 
 
Yunhee slightly pouted. "I like the name Jongin..." She cutely repeated the name, this time adding an Oppa to the end and laughed at her ridiculousness. 
 
Kai grinned. Oppa sounded nice in a strange way. It means that they're close now right? He looked at Yunhee laughing, her red twinkled and she just radiated beauty to him. She was different, a good different. 
 
Yunhee quit laughing at herself and stared at Kai with burning intensity. "If you don't mind... Can I ask you something a bit more personal?" 
 
"Sure, go ahead," it was fair in a way. Kai knew her personal information, like her "habit." He refused to call it a sickness or purging. It was going to be addressed by "habit." 
 
"Why do you live with Kris? And why did you move to this school?" 
 
Kai smiled gently, that was two questions, silly Yunhee. You said a question. He didn't mind either way. "My parents don't exactly love me, like the things I do. I mean do I like all the angelic?" Yunhee shook her head and Kai chuckled. "I'm not, they just couldn't deal anymore, Kris's parents, or my aunt and uncle, cared enough to take me in, and treat me like one of their own. As for the moving here part, we just wanted to start over. Try a new social status you know?"
 
Yunhee nodded again. "Uh, this might sound so strange but what was your previous so called 'social status?'" 
 
Kai smirked."Oh the girls loved me, I was quite the player!" He said drawing out the 'r' at the end.
 
Yunhee giggled. "How are you really changing your status now though? I mean girls drool all over you here, and you guys sit with Soyeon," 
 
Kai thought for a moment. "that's true. We're just kind of repeating the same thing aren't we? Kris has a thing for being known though. He likes to have people want to be in a place like he is, be upper class, sort to say,"
 
Yunhee nodded. "I... I think I understand. It's hard to fit in, it's hard to want to be disliked, that's why I'm friends with Soyeon anyways. She really isn't all that nice but I want to fit in and not be made fun of,"
 
Kai looked at her seriously. She was really beginning to open up to him, truthfully. Yunhee noticed his intense glare and shifted uncomfortably. At the right time though, the bell rung and it brought the two back to let's say "life."
 
"Oh well we should get going..." Kai said awkwardly, he just realized he never really ate anything. He could always sneak in class, though. 
 
"Yeah we should," grabbing her stuff, Yunhee smiled and they began to walk down the stairs, back to the actual school. She realized something, she hasn't really thought about calories or eating or losing weight altogether. Yunhee grinned, maybe she was getting better.
 
Before splitting their ways, not realizing they had the same class, Kai turned and flashed Yunhee a striking smile. "Yunhee, you can call me Jongin if you want," then he turn and left for his class, which actually was Yunhee's too. 
 
Yunhee smiled, "Ok, Jongin..." She was about to set off to her class when she realized they just kind of said bye when they walk the exact same way to the exact same class. She mentally slapped herself on the forehead before grinning like a fool. She stood there and waited a few moments before taking off, very slowly to her next class, of which she had with Kim Jongin.