Chapter 15 Impossible

Disordered Feelings

 

Kai dragged himself through the seemingly long hallways. The day just never seemed to end. Ever. It was as if time went backwards instead of forwards. He stopped in front of his locker and yawned. School was definitely killing him. Kai turned, he saw Yunhee coming down the hallway, still as weak and thin as ever but she's slowly getting better. One pound at a time. He knew she would never admit it but he just knew that having him around for the past month, almost two, gave her comfort and strength to heal.

As she was coming nearer to him, Kai overheard murmurs, he turn to his left to see a few second year students huddling around. "There's Yunhee, when did she get back?" The brown hair own said in disgust.

"She's so thin and bony. It's gross. What guy would want that? It's unnatural." 

"Says the platinum blonde." Kai muttered beneath his breathe, clenching his fists. 

"Oh she's getting closer! How pathetic really. She's totally using Kai. He could do so much better. Why is he helping her anyways? Did she take his ity or something?" The girl with black wavy hair snorted. 

"Kai isn't that stupid, guys. She's so ugly and alien looking. She really should do everyone a favor and kill herself!" The blonde one chirped.  

Kai watched as Yunhee came to a complete halt, hearing all the cruel words, tears threatening to slide down her cheek. He slammed the locker; causing all the girls jumped in shock. Walking over to tower over them, he glared into their frightened little eyes. "You guys are pathetic! You're ugly, self centered, baboons! No guy would want to lay a finger on you!" He jabbed his finger at the blonde. "You're so plastic, you would melt under high heat." He spat it the hurtful comment right in her facing, she bit her lip trying not to show any emotion. "And you! Brown hair chick. Your makeup is so thick, I could dig my finger into it!" The brunette touched her face in horror. "And finally you! The most normal looking one, you're just plain stupid and gross. You have a pimple the size of the Himalayas on your nose!"  She quickly covered her nose in shock. "Doesn't feel good does it? Does it?! Do be insulted and to have your insecurities thrown in your fake faces! Stop pretending to be so cool and graceful, you're nothing but wearisome rats running around this school! If you-" before he could complete his sentence, Kris lay a hand on his chest, interrupting him.

"It's not worth it, Kai. Let's go. Leave these pests alone. It's not with your time, we're going home." Kris patted the younger's shoulder. Kai glared at the girls one last time and follow Kris out. 

Kris plopped on his bed, relieved. Today Soyeon wasn't there at school, so it felt as if he had no energy. "Ms. Bed, I just love the hell out of you." 

"I thought you loved Soyeon?" Kai snickered. 

Kris threw a pillow at him. "Shut up, idiot. At least I have a girl. You need to find one, seriously." 

"What do you mean?"

Kris just shook his head. "You should DATE. You know, go out with someone. What happened to cold, charming Kai? I'm sure he could get girls within seconds. Ever since we moved, you became a little squishy potato. All for Yunhee right? Well I think that it's great you're there for her. But, are you really interested in her? If not I have someone you could totally date! She's totally your type!" 

Kai's Pov

I soaked in all of Kris's words. Dating? It's not like I've never done it before... I've had plenty of girlfriends.  Interested in Yunhee? I paused... Yunhee was a soft spot for me for sure. After all we've been through, after all I've done for her, of course she sits a bit higher on the sea of girls; even if she still holds a grudge towards me. However, do I actually have feelings for her? Or is she just that special girl I will always have as a friend, you know, the ones they all have in movies. I'm not seriously interested in Yunhee... It's not like she isn't attractive either though. Of she gained a little weight she'd amazing. Not one guy wouldn't spar her a glance, she's just on a slump right now. Ok back to the topic, Kai. Do you like Yunhee? I bit my lip, then shook my head. I don't believe I have any romantic feelings towards her. But, how come having a date right now feels so... Awkward? 

"Uh Kai? You still there? You never answered!" Kris waved his hands in front of my face.

I looked up. "Oh yeah, sorry. I probably should get out a bit, huh?" 

"Exactly! So shall we arrange the date?" Kris grinned, what a dork.

"Not yet, I'd have to ask Yunhee's mom when her next appointments are and stuff so I don't miss any." 

Kris rolled his eyes at me. "Ok then. You're such a dedicated person, really." 

I grinned. "I know." 

"I'll let Soyeon know! We can double date and everything!" I rolled my eyes at Kris. He was like a teenage girl besides his cold outer appearance. 

"Hey, don't I get at least her name and some information first?" 

Kris looked up from his rapid texting. "Oh yeah... Later! Gotta text babe first!" I watched as he excitedly went back to texting. What is wrong with this dragon?!

No Pov

Over the span of time, Soyeon and Yunhee weren't enemies anymore. They never really were. Yunhee idolized Soyeon, she counted on her every command, her every move, and most importantly; her opinion. Soyeon just led it the wrong way. After apologizing so many times it did more bad than good, Soyeon finally stopped and they formed an awkward, close enough friendship. 

Soyeon rushed to their lunch table, which Yunhee felt very out of place at but Soyeon insisted she stay there. "Yunhee, your man is being stolen!" 

Yunhee looked up at her with a confused expression. "What?" 

Soyeon shook her rapidly. "Kai! He's going on a date today!!" 

Yunhee scoffed. "So? I hate him. Untrusting, selfish, and unworthy man. Why are you telling me this?" 

Soyeon rolled her eyes. "Quit lying! You don't hate him. He's not that bad! He SAVED you life!! Come on, get up and get your man back!" 

Yunhee shook her head. "He is not, and never will be, my man! I literally hate his guts. He can go jump off a cliff!"

"You're impossible!" Soyeon pouted.