Chapter 12 Emergencies

Disordered Feelings

Kai's Pov

I peered around down the empty hallways, making way to my locker. I couldn't shake the many thoughts of Yunhee out of my head. Helping her was an idealistic thing to do but was it even practical? Or realistic? I'm being so quixotic, why would she quit for me, was that something in her own right mind to do. It's good for her, of course but is it realistic for her to just quit?  

I shook my head in sheer annoyance. Not at Yunhee, never, it was my fault for butting into her business ad even the safety of her own house to attempt to help her. Not only I but I'm positive Yunhee finds me irritating, or so does Kris. He even chooses to speak to Soyeon all sappy on the phone than carry a nice conversation with me. My own cousin thinks I'm annoying, might as well move to Anerica, start a life there. I rolled my eyes, even damn America would think I'm annoying... 

I turned the corner hanging my head in shame. My thoughts don't even make sense at the moment.

No Pov

Kai continued dragging his feet towards his locker, he didn't want to go home to his dreaded house. Everything was always quiet with Kris and his Aunt and Uncle busy. It was ridiculous. It was driving him nuts. He'd rather stall and bus or even home later than get there right after school. Home was no fun and school wasn't either. Kai smirked to himself. What a fantastic and "pitiful" life he carried. He got nearer and nearer to his locker when he watched as Yunhee stumbled, basically drunk, out from the bathroom.

Kai watches Yunhee collapsed in front of his locker. His eyes widened. "Yunhee?!" he shook her frantically. "YUNHEE! Please, just hold on, ok? I'll call the ambulance,"

Yunhee's breathing became harder and faster. "No! Not the hospital! Anywhere but there!"

Kai pulled out his phone. "I'm serious you have to go!"

Tears started streaming down Yunhee's cheeks. "No, you monster! Let me go!!" she reached for his phone.

Kai held her wrists together while he talked. "I'm so sorry, Yunhee. But I have to,"

Yunhee sobbed. "But you promised!" with that she out in Kai's arms. 

Kai's eyes widened as wide as try could go. He hurriedly dialed the numbers, hands shaking in utter fear and horror. "You're ok, Yunhee. You're ok! Stay alive ok? Stay alive with me! You can't leave me!" He whispered to Yunhee, lying limp and cold in his arms. 

As he got off the phone with the operator he clutched Yunhee's hand tightly. He prayed for her, he prayed that she would be alright and healthy. He promised that when she woke up, he would never let her do this to herself again. Even if he were to be hated and despised by her. 

"Kai!" Kris called, he rushed to his cousin's side. "Is she ok?"

Soyeon gasped at the sight of Yunhee, she never noticed how skinny and sick she looked until this very moment, it looked as if Kai even shifted himself, she would snap in half. "Oh my god..." She murmured.

Kai threw her a look before turning to Kris. "No she's not ok! Idiot. I called the ambulance already," with the last word that slipped through his mouth, men came rushing down the hallways, hauling a stretcher. He spotted some school staff with them. 

They quickly shoved Kai put of the way, and continued on with their procedure. "Who's to come in the car with her?" The man asked, looking at all the under aged students.

"I will," Kai looked the man straight in the eye. The man just nodded. 

"Don't forget to call her parents!" Kris said giving Kai, Yunhee's phone and gathering her stuff in his arms. "I'll be there with my parents soon!" Kai nodded and ran after Yunhee.

The ride, clutching her cold, small hands was a nightmare to him. It broke his heart to see her so... Dead. A girl who had been his center of attention for a while might not even make it through the night. He held back tears. Don't take her away from me, please. I've already lost so many people in my life. Please. He prayed to whoever that was listening to him. 

The wait in the waiting room was even more nerve wrecking and horrid. He couldn't see her or touch her hand, he couldn't visually see her chest moving up and down, knowing she was still breathing, just knocked out cold. Kai already called her parents, they freaked out upon hearing the news, their only daughter was in the hospital, and they didn't even know what she did all this time to end up there. 

Kris walked up to his cousin. "Hey, you doing ok?" 

Kai in. "Yeah... I guess. I hope she's ok," he let the air out in desperation. Desperation of her safety. 

Soyeon sat down, feeling completely sick. "It's all my fault, it's all my fault, it's all my stupid fault!" She cried. 

Kris patted her shoulder. "It's not, calm down babe," 

Soyeon's eyes shot up, red and already puffy. "YES! Yes it is! You don't understand! If I hadn't been so rude, selfish, and just y, she wouldn't be here! I admit I'm jealous of Yunhee, she came into my life as someone every wanted and I hated that! I wanted her to puke and starve and suffer! Just like me! I didn't mean for it to go this far! It never went this far for me!" She sobbed.

Kris sighed, there was no calming her down now. It's true, Soyeon DID influence her to pick up throwing up and starving, however Yunhee made those decisions for herself, she decided for herself. He just wrapped his arms around Soyeon silently, letting her cry it all out.

"Where is she?!" Yunhee's parents bursted into the building.

Kai stood up and cleared his throat. "She's in the room, getting treated right now," 

Mrs. Park ran over and wrapped Kai into her arms. "Thank you, truly thank you. Bless your soul! Without you, Yunhee would just be lying in the hallway, rotting to death!" She choked on her tears as she clutched Kai tighter to her body. 

"Yes, thank you..." Mr. Park sat down in a chair.

Right as he sat down the doctor came out into the waiting room. "Park Yunhee?" 

Everyone stood, "Yes?" 

The doctor took a deep breathe. "Well, the thing with Yunhee is..."