Chapter 6 Embrace

Disordered Feelings

a/n: I totally apologize for this chapter. Writer's block. But chapter 7 will be up maybe later today or tomorrow. 

Day 2 of officially helping Yunhee, Kai thought to himself. 

He smiled, he actually was looking foreword talking to her again. Seeing a better side of Yunhee, not one that just cared for looks or materialistic things like that. He liked to see the deeper, more thoughtful side of Yunhee. She was actually quite beautiful, on the inside and out. Regardless whether she thought so herself or not. With a rush of anticipation, he skipped out he door, earning weird looks from Kris and his parents.

Kai and Kris entered the school gates, the moment they did Kai's eyes roamed the crowds for Yunhee. When he didn't find her, he assumed she was already in her seat. He turned to Kris. "Hey, I'm going to class, ok?"

Kris gave him a peculiar look. "Ok, sure whatever,"

Kai quickly left Kris's side. As he burst into the hallways he noticed Yunhee and Soyeon speaking. He couldn't hear a thing sadly but he examined their expressions. It didn't look exactly friendly.

Soyeon continued talking, not noticing Kai peering over at the two girls. "So how was lunch with Kai yesterday?" 

Yunhee shyly shrugged. "Ok, I guess..."

"Did you actually eat? I hope not, you would've looked like a pig to him," Soyeon examined her nails. "Whatever though, you wouldn't care if Kai saw you as a pig. You aren't attracted to him, right?"

Yunhee gulped. "No! I'm not! I swear!" It was mainly the truth. Kai was good looking but she didn't carry a huge, fat crush on him or anything. 

Soyeon smiled, holding the poor girl's eyes in her acid dripping ones. "Alright, but just so you know beforehand. I like Kris. Don't do anything stupid." Yunhee nodded, she didn't care for Kris anyways. Soyeon rolled her eyes, satisfied as she turned and walked away.

Yunhee took a deep breath. Soyeon always acted like she was some mean girl in a movie, always in control and threatening. 

Kai watched carefully as Yunhee entered the classroom. He swiftly went in after, determined to talk to her and probably rid her of Soyeon germs.

Yunhee sat down and looked to her right. Kai was just about to sit down also. She forced a nice, friendly smile. "Hi,"

Kai noticed the semi forced smile. Soyeon probably ran her enormously large mouth again. "Hey! How are you today?" 

Yunhee thought. "Truthfully?" Kai nodded. "Well, just ok. Not the best, but I'm sure it'll get better,"

Kai kept quiet after, not wanting to poke and prod at her situation with Soyeon. 

The whole class period just dragged on and on. The teacher just drowns on and on until she utters one sentence. Causing everyone to turn and look at their partners. "You shall be working on this project with the person sitting next to you!"

Yunhee turned and looked at Kai who was sheepishly smiling. If they were to work after school she'd have to push her workout plans back. It was amazingly annoying how every time she'd find a good solution to her weight problem, Kai would always go off and stumble it. 

Yunhee was lost in deep thought. Something had to drop to make the schedule work and it would not be her amount of exercising. To make matters even worse she knew Soyeon would be on her trail if they studied at Kai's house, since Kris lived there too. Her confusion and calculations were beginning to grow, along with her undying hunger. 

Kai turned and noticed her discomfort. He unconsciously reached up to gently pat her back but he restrained himself before touching her. Why in the world did he even have the urge to do that? Kai shook his head, then just decided to open his mouth. "We can trade off right? One night at my house and one night at yours?" He said, as if he was reading Yunhee's mind about planning. 

"Oh, ok then. Sure," Yunhee gulped. It was better the  going over to Kris's everyday. Who Soyeon had officially named her property. 

The bell rang, loud and clear. Giving Yunhee a bit of a jump. Kai laugh inwardly as he saw it. She was actually kind of cute. Like a small little frightened lamb. A small poor frightened little lamb that had a very bad "habit." He shook his head. Before she good run straight out the door, he spoke up. "Just go straight to the roof, ok?" Yunhee nodded her head once then left. 

At lunch Yunhee excitedly ran up the stairs. Bursting through the doors she screamed. "I PASSED MY TEST!!" 

Kai jumped and grinned at the bouncing, bubbly girl. She looked so happy and normal, besides the fact that her shoulders stuck out a bit too much and that her waist was abnormally small. Yunhee skipped over to his side, blushing. "Sorry, Jongin. I was just really happy about that! I didn't think I would pass..." 

Kai stuck out his hand. Yunhee looked at him with a confused expression. He sighed. "Hi-five!" She giggled then hi-fived him. 

They both walked to the edge of the roof and sat down. "I'm glad you passed your test though," he was glad she actually was studying and putting energy into something beside her extremely impossible "goal". 

"Thanks..." They fell into awkward silence. 

"So um, my house today? We can get started early on our project!" 

Yunhee nodded. "Ok, so meet at the front door and ill just come home with you?" 

"Sure!" Kai smiled. He took out the sandwich that Kris's mom made him this morning and split it in half. 

Yunhee watched intently as he split the sandwich, it wasn't the best looking sandwich or the most delicious but she was oozing with a craving for it. She wanted to eat the sandwich so quickly and devour it inside her dying stomach. However that would probably allow her to gain five more pounds and shed be back where she begun. 

He noticed her staring and sighed. She probably didn't even know when she had her last proper meal. Or when she even ate anything at all. He scooted on half of the sandwich towards her, in hopes that Yunhee would stop being stubborn and eat it. However, like expected she turned the offer down. 

"Yunhee..." Kai sighed.

"You already taken away one of my escapes. You can't take away this one too..." She said softly.

Kai nodded, understanding. They talked about just random things until the bell rang. Amazingly enough, Yunhee was happy how comfortable it was to just talk to Kai. It was nice to actually have a friend there to listen to her pathetic venting and ranting about random people. 

Long school hours and they were finally finished Kai and Kris just waited patiently for Yunhee, so they could book out of the rat hole. Kai wondered what was taking her so long. Probably just being held up in the overly stuffed hallways. 

"Who are you waiting for?" Soyeon interrupted their thoughts.

Kris made the stupid decision to speak up. "Waiting for Yunhee,"

Alyson's eyes dropped from fake glitter to cold death. "And why is that?" 

Kai butted in, "We're studying together," 

Soyeon turned with out saying a word. Yunhee better stay away from Kris if she knew what was good for her.

"I'm sorry, I'm late-" Yunhee gasped as Kai pulled her towards him. Snaking his arm around her waist. He knew Soyeon was watching and he wanted to make it clear that he was watching over Yunhee and that she was with him not Kris.