Chapter 19 Forgotten

Disordered Feelings

 

"Now... Shall we get started?!"

"I guess... But this is kind of sounding like one of those lame fanfic makeovers." Yunhee cringed.

"It kind of is... However, don't take away my fun! Let's go! To the mall!"

"To try on clothes that make me look hideous and fat?"

Soyeon rolled her eyes. "I thought you wanted a change..."

"I do but can we start somewhere else, maybe?"

Soyeon sighed and looked at Yunhee's begging eyes. "Ok, fine. No makeover yet. How about we start about why seeing Kai changed your feelings?"

Yunhee blushed. "I realized that he wasn't the monster. I was the monster. I was the one pushing everyone and everything away from me. I was isolating myself from those who truly cared. As I watched my plant die it just sickened me, because the same thing was happening to my life. I'm slowly dying, I'm slowly falling into a pit of darkness and depression. I'm scared. I don't want to fall anymore, I want to love and be loved. I need to change." Her eyes started to water with tears that were frightening close to spilling over. 

Soyeon stared at her friend in awe then proceeded to giggle. "You learned all of that from looking at your plant? While all this time we've been trying to tell you this? How lovely, Yunhee." She patted her friend's back. "Now... Tell me the truth, do you think Kai's cute? Adorable? Maybe even hot?" She winked and grinned.

Yunhee looked at Soyeon in shock. "I-I.."

"Tell me the truth!"

"I guess... But more than looks, it just amazes me that after all this time, I bullied him and was rude to him he's still nice to me and he cares. Also, today just seeing him with Dahyun... It made me mad for some reason. It just did, I can't explain it since Dahyun never really did anything, she apologized for that one incident! It just angered me to see them together."

Soyeon smirked. "You loooove him.She teased.

"I don't love him! Love takes a little more than that."

Soyeon just nodded. "Ok, I understand. How about a movie and a snack to celebrate your epiphany?"

Yunhee let out a long sigh then smiled. "Sounds perfect."

-----

School was going by slowly, everyday was the same routine. Yunhee would steal glances at Kai and notice little things about him each growing day. For Kai with each growing day, he noticed Yunhee warming up to him, slowly. "Hey Yunhee... Don't you have an appointment today?"

Yunhee's Pov

My eyes snapped up to look at him as soon as he called my name. "Yes I do actually."

"Oh well..." Kai rubbed his neck. Please don't tell me you're ditching me to hang out with Dahyun. Please. I was doing so well too. "Actually never mind. What time is it? I'll be there. I promise." Kai grinned.

I smiled. "Right after school, you can walk with me. My parents will meet us there." Kai nodded and I watch as he smiled. His smile warmed my heart, it was a good feeling knowing someone cared. The moment Dahyun walked in I noticed his smile grew bigger. 

"Hi Kai!" She politely waved. I pouted, control your emotions Yunhee. You're doing well, gaining weight, getting back to the so called "normal." I turned away not wanting to witness anything else. He's not your knight, Yunhee. He doesn't belong to you. 

The rest of the school day went by quickly. I was growing more nervous as the appoitment time drew closer and closer. Please, just let time freeze. The therapist still scared the crap out of me. There's just something about it. It was like I was a lab rat when I went to teh therapist. I hated it there, more than anything in the world and i believed I have expressed that enough. 

The final bell rang and I slowly made my way to the school gates, gripping my backpack tightly. I sighed, well Kai isn't here yet. That's strange considering he had longer legs than I did. He also had a closer classroom to the gates... Mine was one of the furthest on campus. I reached in my bag for my ipod and stood there listening to music, waiting for him to arrive.

I waited... And waited... And waited. Finally, my phone vibrated. "Hello?"

"Hey honey! Where are you? Your appointment's soon! We're at the office."

I glanced at my watch. The appointment was ten minutes away and Kai still wasn't here. "Oh, can you guys come pick me up? I got held up and I'm still at school."

"We'll be right there, just wait!" My mother hung up the phone. I slumped against the wall, my heart was just shattered into a million pieces. I never thought this would ever happen.

He forgot about me.

Kai literally forgot about me or decided to interntionally blow me off... Probably for Dahyun. I let out a cry. I don't want to go without him. No. NO. They can't make me. This isn't right. I can't go, no way in hell. I scoffed at the air. I've become that small and unimportant to him after Dahyun came along? Really? Tears streamed down my face as I tried to wipe them away. Stop crying you little baby. He forgot you, you're not important enough, get over it. 

I saw my parents car pull up and I closed my eyes. Here comes the questioning. "What happened? Why are you crying?" My mother asked right on time.

"Mom, do I have to go? Please don't make me go. I beg you." I sobbed.

She looked at my dad with a pleading face, he just nodded. "Let's get you inside the car, honey."

I entered the warmth of the car and just closed my eyes. My life is a mess. My dad cleared his throat and looked at me with concern. "Are you ok, princess? Where's Kai?"

I gritted my teeth. "Don't ask."

He just nodded and continued onto the road home while my mom called to cancel the appointment which I would've been late to anyways. 

Thanks for forgetting about me, Kai. Glad to know I'm a person just so easily forgotten