Chapter 22 Path of Happiness

Disordered Feelings

a/n: Wassup bruhs? LOL. Did you guys miss me? Sorry I've been gone so long! I just couldn't really will myself to write anymore and as school started I became waaaay to busy. Tip: DO NOT take two AP classes as a Sophomore. Enjoy while you can. However, I think I'm ready to provide for you guys better writing AND I opened a One Shot Request Shop! Hopefully I can get to all my requests! Thank you for staying with me for so long! PS I know this chapter , it's hard to write it after so long so excuse the crappiness.

(A week before graduation)

Kai poked his head into her bedroom, watching as Yunhee danced around in her uniform. "Only a week left of you." She sighed while smiling.

"Hello sunshine." Kai stepped into her room, causing Yunhee to jump at the sound of his voice.

"How long have you been there?!" 

"Long enough to watch you prance around," he smirked.

Yunhee rolled her eyes and walked towards him. "We have a week left, can you believe it?"

Kai pulled her closer to him and tucked her head under his chin. "I can't at all."

He absolutely couldn't believe that they were a week away from graduating. After everything that went on in the year, he couldn't grasp the concept of it being over. From battling it out with Yunhee to slowly etching himself deeply into her life. It was one hell of a journey but a journey that he would take again in a heartbeat. It was all worth it in the end, she was happily in his arms and was starting to regain the confidence she deserved. 

"Jongin, are you listening?" Yunhee's voice interupted his thoughts. 

"Not really sorry, sunshine. What were you saying?" 

"I was saying how we've all changed so much. From Kris to Soyeon to me to you! We're maturing fast and it's kind of scaring me." She bit her lip hesitantly. 

"Why are you scared?" he kissed her forehead.

"What's the future going to hold? Are we going to become more distant? What if I fall into a deep black hole again?" 

Kai seperated them and took her hand to lead her to the bed. "Sit down, missy." She sat obediently. "I want you to listen carefully, ok? No matter what the future holds, it's going to be bright! You're a beautiful young woman who's way more intelligent than I will ever be. Your future shouldn't scare you. You should be excited for it. Got it? It doesn't matter what happens, I'm going to be here for you and I'm going to cheer you on in the sidelines. You've got nothing to worry about, love. I will support you until the end of time. You just do you and work on your path to happiness. Pursue your dreams and be confident in yourself. No one will be able to stop you, I'll be there to fight them off until you're strong enough to hold my hand and fight with me. Until then just keep going forward with your goal in mind. The future isn't scary, you're just making it out to be." 

Yunhee closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. "Jongin?"

"Yes?"

She opened her eyes and squeeze his hands tightly. "Thank you for being the best boyfriend in the world, I love you. I really do. I mean it. You've been my backbone ever since day 1. Making the best decisions for me, fighting for me. I'm not sure what I want to pursue or what the future is going to hold, but I know that you'll be in it. Because my path of happiness doesn't exist without you. You're the one that will always be there for me no matter what. And I thank you for it. I promise I'll try hard, Jongin. Thank you for loving me."

Kai grinned and sat down on her bed. "Anytime, babe, anytime." With that he kissed her lightly on the lips, it was sweet and innocent but enough to send sparks flying through her heart. They both knew wherever the future took them, it would be ok because they had each other, and that's all that mattered.

a/n: Cliche I know! Haha. But check out my new story futuring Chen aka Kim Jongdae. He's currently crawling up my bias list. Have a wonderful day and thank you for reading!

a/n: Check out my EXO one shot request shop here!