Chapter 14 Wearing Masks

Disordered Feelings

 

"Give up, Jongin," Yunhee sighed. 

It had been quite a few  weeks since she was sent into the hospital. No matter how much she screamed, thrashed, and threw stuff at Kai, he was stubborn and determined enough not to leave. Even when the flower vase almost cracked his skull. 

"Not giving up, never. Not until you don't need me anymore," Kai grinned, knowing it enraged her.

Yunhee scowled, she felt like an animal locked up in the zoo every time she came in for her rehab and therapy, they lasted for several hours a week, it would be less but apparently she wasn't making any "improvement." Visitors came in each appointment, mostly her family, she didn't have any friends that wanted to visit. Soyeon did visit but after being ignored time and time again she stopped. Only Kai came every single time and occasionally Kris. Yunhee cringed she was embarrassed to have to be in this program, therapy, rehab, and having to see a nutritionist. She felt hollow and dark. She blamed Kai for everything. "I would rather die you know," 

Kai nodded. "You've told me enough times," 

Yunhee plopped down onto the couch, waiting for the therapist. As he entered Yunhee started to quiver and tremble. It was like her whole strong facade just crumbled and she was just this little girl, lost and trying to run away from the monster trying to devour her. Kai gently reached over and patted her arm. Yunhee stiffened at the contact, but she appreciated the comfort. As much as she hated Kai, sometimes it made her feel really safe that he was there. 

The therapist entered the room. "Hello Yunhee, how was your day?

"Alright, I guess..." Yunhee trembled. 

"Hello Kai, you're here again?" The therapist asked, bored.

Kai nodded, he didn't see why the man kept asking, Kai was there every single time, no need to state that he's there again. The first time the man even gently asked him to leave. But, he couldn't, he begged to stay, seeing the fear and brokenness in Yunhee's eyes. She looked like an abandoned puppy, he had to stay with her even if he knew she hated him. He believed that she didn't truly hate him altogether, just a little resentment for breaking their promise.  

"Ok well let's start, shall we?"

Yunhee nodded, still shaking, she grasped Kai's hand tighter. This was probably the worse part of all her treatments. Therapy. It felt like he was trying to break into her inner walls and out her feelings and thoughts so he can just examine them and tell her she's too far out to bring back an fix. What made it worse was that Kai had to be there and watch her shiver with fear. Then, to make it horrid she had to basically hold his hand every time the session started because he was the only one stubborn enough to argue with the therapist to stay. His hand gave her comfort and security no matter how much she felt embarrassed holding it.

Kai smiled on the inside. Providing comfort and security was the least thing he could do. He just prayed that she would overcome this obstacle quickly. He missed being able to talk to Yunhee normally, not pressuring her to eat or being careful of triggering her emotions. 

Soyeon's Pov

The guilt was just eating me alive. No matter how much Yunhee's parents thought it was their fault for not stopping her, no matter how much Kai thought it was his fault for not telling sooner, it is truly my fault. I sighed, feeling completely sick inside. I knew everything. I pressured her into everything. I was the one that encouraged her to do it. How did I let all my morals go? How did I become someone that didn't care for anyone's feelings anymore? My virtues are all ed up and ruined.  "Kris..."

Kris looked up from his phone. "Yes baby?" 

"Can we go somewhere? I just want to get stuff off of my mind." 

No Pov

Kris smiled. As rude as his 
girlfriend was and as terrible as everyone made her out to be, he saw a side of her that no one else did. "Sure, to our special place?" Soyeon nodded in agreement. 

Kris and Soyeon began as a couple made out for looks. They went out because they looked good together. Their heights matched perfectly. They were both fervently wanted. Kris was that new kid that everyone wanted to love down. Soyeon was the that everyone still loved because she was just so stunning. Not to mention her s and were the nicest in the whole school, everyone wanted in her pants. If only she were more approachable. They began their "love" story based on looks, but yet one night when Kris was over, Soyeon broke down and just poured her whole life's story out. How she was teased about her weight as a kid and how she wanted to get back at everyone for pushing her over the edge, causing her to overdose. That day changed the way Kris looked at Soyeon. She opened up to him and he saw her as an innocent little girl that was wearing a hard mask to cover her scars. He vowed to not judge her doings, she was just a trying to cope with her past. It wasn't entirely her fault.

Soyeon took a long, deep breathe of air. The beach always smelled so nice and pure. Away from the ruckus of the city, away from the troubles on one's mind, and away from the angry, tempered sounds that the city always seem to withhold. She looked to her right, Kris sat down and patted the place next to him. She quickly smiled and sat next to him, resting her delicate head on his strong, protective shoulder. 

"Feeling better?" Kris asked, softly.

Soyeon nodded. "My mind is definitely a lot clearer, being away from all the problems and such." She made a face. "My body still feels really sore and such though."

Kris patted her head and proceeded to lay both of them down on the damp sand. "Take a nap. It's nice and quiet here. Go sleep for a bit and when you wake up, I'll be here and hopefully your aches won't." He smiled softly. She nodded, curling toward his side more, making herself comfortable. "See you when you wake up!" He teased. She giggled then slowly drifted into a light slumber.

Kris watched as she slept. They all had faults. One can't always dwell on theirs. Soyeon needed to pick herself back up. What's done is done. He was sure Kai would take plenty good care of Yunhee, without a doubt. Soyeon just needed to worry about herself. "The past can only hurt you so much now, you need to move on and improve. Being guilty solves nothing." Kris whispered, wishing he could see her eyes. There in her eyes lay a soft flowing flower, no longer an endless pit of doom. No matter what anyone says, Soyeon doesn't deserve to be punished or taken revenge on. She had plenty of that in her history. Anyone who could want revenge now, rightfully should be Yunhee, none other. But, Yunhee was too torn to probably care right now anyways. She was also wiser as to not throw herself into a circle of revenge. It stops with Soyeon. All there is left is to heal. 

a/n: I have one word for me being gone: CALIFORNIA. I promise to update at least once a week from now one!