Chapter 21 Pretty Damn Close

Disordered Feelings

a/n: YOU BETTER READ THE NOTE AT THE END OR I'LL PUNCH YOU.

All he heard was Yunhee cussing him out and he cringed. "Here it goes..." He clucthed the knob and opened the door. "Hey..."

Yunhee froze in place, she quickly wiped the tears running down her face. "What do you want?" She mumbled, eyeing the flowers, Pororo pencil pack, notebook, and the huge Pororo plush Kai was clutching in his arms. 

Kai inhaled deeply, attempting to calm his nerves and slow down the dangerous beating of his heart. "Yunhee... I'm so very sorry! I didn't mean to, I swear! I just got too carried away."

Yunhee scoffed. "Sorry? That's it? Go away, your face is giving me AIDS." 

Kai sighed. "I'm not leaving, here me out, Yunhee." 

"Ok, fine. Hurry and explain or whatever you're going to do then leave quickly."

Kai sat down at the edge of her bed. "These are for you." He gently placed the gifts on the bedside stand. "Listen carefully, ok?"

Yunhee nodded, crawling up into a ball.

"I'm sorry, I know that doesn't compensate for anything but it's pretty mandatory I at least apologize. I'm sorry and I truly hope you forgive however, looking at the situation as of right now in my twisted mind, I'm glad it happened."
 

Yunhee sat up. "Glad?! You're kidding me!!?" She shrieked.

Kai patted her shoulder. "Calm down, love. Listen to the rest of my explaination."

"It better be good."

"I'm glad it happened because through I realized something very important. I realized that emotions are not as easy to interpret as I thought they were. Sometimes what you feel for a person can be as clear as a bright summer day but sometimes they're a bit more complicated than that. My mind has been beaten and battered trying to figure out what my heart was feeling. But thanks to today, I realized what my heart wanted. I realized that this one special girl meant a lot more than I thought she did. This girl just walked right into my life, maybe not so smooth but the transition of being to strangers to me feeling like this for her was so smooth I didn't even notice it happening."

Yunhee blinked. "Who are you talking about?" She trembled, knowing that for sure Kai was talking about Dahyun.

Kai smiled and put a hand on her cheek. "It's you, silly. It's you and it always has been you. I know you're probably thinking that I'm crazy because I stood you up for Dahyun."

A wide eyed Yunhee nodded. "You're correct." 

"That was an honest mistake, I didn't forget on purpose, I could never even try to forget you on purpose. But Dahyun... She's honestly just a friend, someone who's relatable. Someone who's similar to me." Kai chuckled. "She's kind of like another Kris, another guy friend. I love her just the way I love and care for Kris, like family. Nothing more at all. However, what I feel for you. I wouldn't call it love quite yet. But babe, let me tell you. It's pretty damn close."

Yunhee took his hand off her cheek, overwhelmed with emotion. "Kai-" 

"I like you a lot, Yunhee. I promise to protect you. And I actually believe that I have been doing a pretty damn good job at protecting you. Today was just a little mistake. I promise it won't happen again, I swear. I promise to be the best friend you can lean on and tell everything to. I promise to look at you the same, even when you're old and wrinkly, or you weigh over three hundred pounds. Go ahead and eat your heart out. You will always look the same to me. You will always look like the beautiful, recovering Yunhee that has me wrapped around her little finger." 

Yunhee started to tear up, so many emotions were attacking her at once.

Kai grabbed the bouquet of baby's breath that he bought. He slid off her bed and took her up with him then into his arms. "You have me wrapped around your finger, Yunhee. Your wish is my comand. However, if you allow me just one wish. I wish to be your boyfriend." He pulled away from her and handed her the flowers.

Yunhee looked down at the delicate petals and the little balls of white. Her heart swelled with emotion. "I-" Kai looked down at her waiting anxiously for her answer. Yunhee sighed. "How do I know you won't hurt me again?"

Kai grimaced. "I guess you really won't. What in the world do you really know though? Maybe in the math and science but life is different. You just have to trust me. Give me your hand and let me hold your trust. Trust me enough to say yes and believe that I won't hurt you or leave you ever again."

Yunhee looked down at her feet. She whispered. "Ok."

Kai grinned. "Say that again? I didn't hear it?!" 

Yunhee rolled her eyes. "Give me some time because I can't just warm up to you and trust you whole heartedly. I'll learn to trust you, eventually. Ok?"

"Take all the time you need, I'll make your decision worth it." Kai brought his hands to her face, cupping her cheeks and lifting her head towards him. "Thank you." He whispered before connecting their lips softly, planting a kiss on her lips, marking her as his. He quickly pulled away not wanting to over do it. 

Yunhe blushed and gently pulled out of his embrace to sit on her bed. "Sit." He sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she rested her on him. "I could probably spend the rest of my life like this. This feeling happiness and amount of joy. Thank you for giving me these emotions in life."

Kai grinned and squeezed her shoulder, gently. "Thank you for being in my life still."

"What do you mean still?"

"You almost died, Yunhee. It scared me to death. But, we're on the road to recovering, aren't we?

"We are." 

Kai held out his pinky. "Promise me that you'll never go back to that. You're beautiful and amazing, ok? Never do that to yourself again."

She connected her pinky with his. "I promise as long as you promise to never leave my side."

He kissed her forehead. "Never."

-----------

Dahyun's Pov

So that's that. That was my end with Kai, watching him walk away from me. Not knowing he was walking toward her and making it official between them. I sighed as my heart shattered and the pieces dropped into the pit of my stomach. 

"She deserves happiness, Dahyun. She's been through hell and back." I reminded myself quietly. I knew I shouldn't but I still hated her. Yunhee did nothing wrong to me. It's the society that I'm apart of that harmed her, I wronged her. She did nothing. And yet I still hate her. "I hate her with a burning passion that I shall not act upon." I warned myself. 

"Are you having fun talking to yourself?" I jumped and turned to see Soyeon eyeing me weirding.

"No. Well... Maybe.. Actually yes. Yes, I was talking to myself." I admitted.

Soyeon nodded, with a worried expression on her face. "Listen, I know you had something going on with Kai. I just wanted to tell you. Just let her have this please. I'm begging you. She's been through so much. Just let him go." She begged me.

I half heartedly smiled. "I'm not sure what kind of people you hang out with, or used to. But, of course I'm gonna let her 'have' him. Not that he's some kind of tropthy to be had in the first place."

She just nodded and swiftly walked past me. 

"It's not like I could say she stole him from me, I didn't have him in the first place. I was pretty damn close... But not close enough." I sighed and walked to my class.

Well that was a short chapter. Sorry, not sorry. ;) But I have an announcement! One or two more chapters then I finish this story. Yup STORY IS ENDING. I just think this story is such a fail and it's horrendous therefore, I'm ending it. That's basically it. :)