Chapter 3 Truth

Disordered Feelings

Kai was trying his hardest to ignore it. Ignore the fact that Yunhee was rushing to the bathroom everyday. Ignore her stupid wrists that she basically cuts every morning. He tried so hard ignoring it, Kris got mad at him. Since all he would do at home was say he finds Her actions strange, wrong, and that he needs to ignore her. Kris lived under the same exact roof as Kai. His aunt and uncle were kind enough to take in a troubled teen that wanted to fit in and raise him as their own. He was forever grateful to Kai's parents. But no matter how much he was grateful it didn't mean that Kai's stupidity didn't drive him insane. "Kai, if you want to know the answers just ask her!"

Kai turned around in shock and looked at Kris. "Why the hell would I do that?" 

Kris looked at the sidewalk and shook his head. "Since you're so curious..."

"No thanks," Kai rolled his eyes as they arrived at the school. 

Soyeon grinned as she spotted them on the school grounds. Kris and Kai hadn't exactly pissed her off these past few days so she was really liking them. "Hey guys,"

"Hi Soyeon," Kris greeted.

Kai just nodded and stalked off to class. Soyeon glared, right when se was forgiving them. Kai was lucky he was dark, handsome, and related to Kris. She turned to Kris and smiled, at that point she made her mind up. He was going to be her next level. She was gonna make him belong to her in her little game. 

Kai walked into the classroom and spotted Yunhee. He sighed, finding that she was sleeping on the desk. At least she isn't doing the weird wrist thing, he said in his head. However, he spoke a little too soon. 

Kai was basically glaring at her wrists. She had bright red incisions all over them. Her clenched his fist. What was wrong with this girl?! Is she stupid?! He looked at her wrists again in anger, then, caught himself... He shouldn't be caring. When was he ever this nice? Never. Then again, he was never put into this kind of situation before. Today at lunch he was going to follow her. Follow her and even enter the girls' bathroom of he had to. He didn't care, his parents were doctors, Kai had a little thing for health issues or so he thought that was what this was, he had to get to the bottom of things with Yunhee. 

Class was about to begin and as much as Kai didn't want to he needed to wake Yunhee up. He poked her shoulder. "Yunhee," he said in his husky tone. "Wake up," She didn't even budge. He cleared his throat and this time grabbed her shoulder and shook it. "Yunhee, please just wake up!"

Yunhee sat up with a jolt. She looked around and saw that Kai was looking at her angrily. She sheepishly smiled and blushed. "Did I sleep? Sorry,"

Kai rolled his eyes and sat down in his seat. She looked so tired. It was like she was slowly draining away. Losing more weight that she desperately needed, getting no required nutrients, and her bags were so bad and dark it was crazy. "Are you not getting any sleep?" he asked already knowing the answer.

Yunhee blushed. "No, not really. I've been cramming and studying at night,"

Kai arched his eyebrow. "Why?" 

Yunhee sighed. "I don't really get much in class, my mind is always in other places," thinking of how to get to my weight goal she added in the safety of her own mind, 5 more pounds Yunhee, let's do this! 

Kai nodded. "Well you look terrible," he instantly regretted saying anything as he saw Yunhee's face fall. "I mean like, you need more sleep! Don't lose anymore weight or anything!" 

Yunhee frowned. She wasn't at her goal yet. So instead of voicing that outlook she just nodded and turned away from Kai. 

Kai had to patiently wait through two more boring periods before lunch. One of which he shared with Soyeon. She looked up from her fancy pocket mirror and grinned at Kai. "You're really quiet, aren't you?" he nodded. "Are you and Kris really close?" 

Kai nodded again. Of course they were close, they were cousins living under the same roof. What did she possibly expect?  He mentally strangled her. For a girl with great looks and obvious loads of money, she wasn't so bright. Or maybe he was just being a little judgmental. 

Soyeon continued when Kai said nothing. "Is Kris interested in anyone?" 

Why would she even ask? It's not like Soyeon couldn't get him. Kris wanted to fit in and she was the perfect way in. Plus, the question just made it obvious that she was interested in him, herself. "No, I don't think so. Not that I know of,"

Soyeon nodded, pleased with his answer. "Alright, well that was a nice conversation!" 

"Uh, ok?" he made a mental note to tell Kris about their "conversation." Kai suffered through one more seemingly long period when the heavenly bell for lunch rang. He bolted out the doors. 

Yunhee walked out of the classroom as quickly as she could but Kris grabbed her wrists. She winced at the pain and he quickly let go. "Hey did you hear the homework assignment? I missed the last part,"

"Read page 213 and do questions 1-34, even!"

Kris groaned. "Thanks though!"

Yunhee smiled. "No problem,"

Kris watched as she walked off. Giving her some time before making his way to the same table in the lunch room. Walking in with her would be a odd. Soyeon grinned as she saw Kris approaching. "Hi Kris!" she smiled and waved. He swiftly went and sat down next to her.

Kai watched her sharply as she consumed her milk and a small sandwich. She noticed that he was watching her but said nothing about it. She was getting use to his abnormal actions. Lunch was slowly dripping away, ending, and Kai waited. He waited for her to quickly rise, then walk to the bathroom. This time he followed after shortly. 

He swiftly walked into the girls' bathroom, not caring if there were girls in there but there weren't any anyways to witness the next scene. Yunhee's eyes widened as she saw him tower over her slender body in the stall. "Kai..." she murmured pulling the utensil, that was half way in already, out. 

He yanked her up by her wrist. "We need to talk,"

She winced. "Stop it! It hurts!" he let her go. "What is there to even talk about?!" her eyes started to water, no one has actually caught her trying to make herself throw up before. 

"You need to stop," Kai glared at her. 

Yunhee's eyes widened. "NO! I can't! You can't make me!" 

He gripped her wrists again. "It's not a joke, Yunhee! You're getting smaller and smaller! It's killing you! You look terrible! You'd look better with more weight on your bones! Don't tell me you're trying to look more like Soyeon because I don't think even she's this skinny! It's killing you, Yunhee. Killing you. Don't you know?! Do you even care?!" he screamed at her.

Tears rolled down Yunhee's cheeks. "I do what I want! Stop yelling! Please!" she begged, crying harder. "I can do what I want! I'm a big girl now! Why do you even care?!"

Why did he care? He actually shouldn't but he does anyways. Kai shook his head. "Big girl? Big girls don't do stupid things, Yunhee! You're obviously not responsible! Do your parents know about this?!" he pointed to the slits on her wrists. "Do they know about this?!" 

This threw Yunhee into hysteria. She sobbed, make up running down her face, she looked horrible. "No! PLEASE DON'T. Kai please no! Please! You can't tell them, you can't! No no no!" she shrieked at him, shaking her arm that he was holding and banging on his chest with the other. 

Upon hearing those words, Kai just broke.