Chapter 8

Taemin²

~Onew POV~

 

It has been four days since the operation and today was the day Kisaragi-sensei removed the tubes from Yun Hees knee before he took her of the narcotics. These four days were hell for all of us. Taemin barely slept, only when Minho insisted to take him home and actually sang him to sleep while holding him close. Our maknae feared for his sister. Jonghyun and Key had to cover for the rest of us and they were dead on their feet at the end of the day and I barely left Yun Hees side. I felt responsible for her.

I wanted to be there for her. I barely knew her for a couple of hours but she was such a sweet girls and I wanted to make sure she was okay. It hurt to see her this vulnerable with all those tubes attached to her slim body, even one help her breathe.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

I felt someone remove the tubes from my knee, but the pain was dull since I wasn’t really awake. My brain was still fuzzy from the stuff Kisaragi Atsushi, my doctor, had given me to keep me asleep and I took my time to find my way back into the world of the living.

I think it took me a couple of hours, but I can’t really tell.

My eyes fluttered open after a while and I tried to take in my surroundings but I couldn’t look straight so I blinked with a confused look on my face while my sight took a while to straighten itself out. I felt some things attached to my body and tried to groan only to realize Atsushi had even put a tube down my throat to keep me breathing while he put me under.

I started to panic and trash around on the bed, because of the feeling of the tube in my throat.

 

~Onew POV~

 

Yun Hees doctor…this Kisaragi Atsushi…I guess Atsushi is his given name, had left me alone with her to get something to drink. I sat quietly beside her, keeping my watch, just like I did the last couple of days. Soon after he took her of the I.V. she started to move a bit on the bed, but wasn’t waking up so I figured it would take a bit longer for her to come around, but it wasn’t actually that long.

Soon she blinked her eyes open and took a look around, her gaze slightly confused and she squinted as if she couldn’t see.

She seemed to take everything in and to make a silent inventory of her body, before she suddenly got all panicky and started to trash on the bed, her hands going up to .

…what do I do now?

Without thinking much further I jumped up, screaming for help, before grabbing her hands and leaning over her so she could see me. I wanted to give her a focus point.

“Yun Hee…focus on me…come on…breath with the oxygen flow until they can take the tube out. In and out…in and out…” I told her as calm as I could, while I felt her weakly struggling against me.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

My mind was still foggy and reacted slowly to the voice above me. I knew the face. Onew…oppa… I thought after a few moments. I tried to make sense from the words he shouted but thought better of it, when he kept me from struggling and told me to focus on him.

I tried to and succeeded after a minute or two of not breathing with the flow and getting dizzy as hell. The world was spinning around me and I felt sick on my stomach. I grabbed his hands as hard as I could manage to get more into focus and to make him help me breath better.

It took him a moment to understand my insistent tugging, but I couldn’t very well talk with this damn tube down my throat.

 

~Onew POV~

 

She was tugging me more towards the bed and I watched her confused, because I could see she was struggling and couldn’t keep up with my words about her breathing but then the epiphany hit me like a brick wall and I slid onto the bed behind her and tugged her up against my chest.

I knew the jostle would probably hurt her leg, but it couldn’t be helped since this damn doctor was nowhere to be seen and I didn’t want to scare her with my yelling again.

I leaned her body against my chest and I felt her relax slightly against me. I closed my eyes and matched my breathing to the soft whooshing sound the breathing machine emitted, hoping she would match her breathing to mine, now that she could feel it.

My hands were on hers and I whispered sweet nothings into her ear to calm her.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

Finally…I thought he would never do this…

My breathing was erratic and it hurt to breathe. My head was spinning from the pain of the sudden movement and lack of oxygen, but he was now behind me and I slumped against him. A lot of tension leaving me now I had a physical focus point. My eyes fluttered shut and I tried to concentrate my breathing to match his only due to the feeling of his chest moving slowly behind me.

Since he held me so lovingly I felt save and my panic started to slowly ebb away, my breathing slowing down, matching his perfectly after a while.

Suddenly I could feel the cold sweat of fear on my body and my eyes widened, while my breathing hitched again for a moment, but his voice was there again to calm me down and I let my head fall back against his shoulder, eyes half open.

 

~Kisaragi Atsushi POV~

 

I opened the door to Yun Hees room with a bottle of water in my hands and nearly let it drop.

She leaned against Onews chest, her eyes half opened and her body drenched in sweat. What has happened while I’ve been away? I walked towards the bed, putting the bottle onto the little bedside table, before locking my gaze with hers.

Her eyes were a little glassy and showed fear…panic, which I didn’t understand, but then I heard what Onew told her in a soft voice.

“Calm down, Yun Yun…you’ll be all right. Kisaragi-sensei will get this out of you soon.” I felt the young man’s gaze on me. “You will remove it, right? Took me a good ten minutes to get her to calm down again…” he told me and my eyes widened. She had panicked? Lee Yun Hee did not panic. Not now, not ever. I simply nodded and looked straight into Yun Hees eyes, while taking her hand.

“Yun-chan? If you can understand me, squeeze my hand, please.” I had to make sure she could follow my directions while I removed her from the oxygen tube.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

It took a lot out of me to actually focus my conscious thoughts on Atsushi, but I managed and slightly squeezed his hand while blinking slowly. “Good…now listen well, Yun Hee…I will take off the tube that pushes the oxygen into your lungs. When I’ve done this I want you to breathe in through the endotracheal tube and when I start pulling it out I want you to breathe out, all right?” I heard him ask and look at me intently.

It took me a moment again but I squeezed his hand again as a go ahead and leaned back against Onew, only to be pulled back up by Atsushi.

 

~Atsushi POV~

 

“I need you to sit up for this in case you have to vomit…” I told her and took her of the oxygen.

I watched her intently taking a struggling breath through the tube and smiled softly, pushing her long hair back behind her ear, before taking the end of the tube, removing the water from the balloon that held it in place while she was out, and nodding to her. “I’ll start pulling it out now.” I said softly and I saw her close her eyes while she breathed slowly out. I slowly pulled it out of in sync with her breathing and saw her grimace, before she made a gagging sound.

Before I could react Onew grabbed the small bucket from her bedside table and held it under her face and she spat out a lot of phlegm after the tube left .

 

~Onew POV~

 

I could feel Yun Hee tense in my arms, when the doctor started to remove the tube. When he was almost done her body tensed even more and I thought about it going up probably irritating it as hell. I knew what my body would do if it was me and I grabbed the bucket from the bedside table and put it under her face in the nick of time.

I shuddered at her gagging but held her securely in my arms, feeling her sink against me, when she was done.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

This feeling was so sick…it made me sick.

I was still dizzy but the world did not tilt out of focus anymore. I leaned back against Onew when I was done with spitting out the phlegm. My throat was dry and when I tried to ask for water only a raspy sound came out of my mouth but nothing more. But Atsushi seemed to understand because he pressed the water bottle from the nightstand into my hand.