Chapter 10

Taemin²

~Yun Hee POV~

 

I’m lying here on this stupid white bed in this stupid white room and I’m not allowed to talk to not aggravate my throat anymore than it is right now.

Only light at the end of the ing tunnel is Onew who is sitting beside me. He looks relieved and smiles at me softly. I can’t help it. I stop scowling and smile back even though I still feel sleepy.

My knee hurts a bit, but I have felt worse so I ignore it and sip my water, the only thing I’m allowed right now.

 

~Onew POV~

 

I’m so happy she’s back in the land of the living. Seeing her lie there motionless and attached to all those machines was really hard. I smiled softly and it turns even wider when she smiles back. She still looks sleepy, but I can’t bring myself to leave her side.

Instead I watch her sipping at her water and scowling a bit, which makes me smile even more. Guess she is a too active person to sit still for long amounts of time, just like Taeminnie.

“Can I do something for you? Get you something?” I ask her, even though I know she can’t answer me verbally at the moment.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

When he asks me if he can get me something I nod softly and take his hand from my bedside. I tug him towards me and when he leans over me, I stretch upwards a bit and kiss him softly on his lips, smiling gently.

This feels right, so right…although I know I shouldn’t…

 

~Onew POV~

 

I follow the gentle tug of her hand and lean over her only to feel her soft, slightly chapped lips on mine. My eyes widen a bit and I stay motionless for a moment, before I softly return the kiss for about a minute before breaking it and looking her straight into the eyes.

A soft smile is playing on her face and her hand is now on my cheek, caressing it slowly, gently.

I’m not sure what she wants to tell me, but I feel butterflies erupt in my tummy.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

For a moment I thought he would break the kiss but he didn’t he actually returned it and I’m so glad. I smile softly and caress his cheek… my fingers tracing his cheekbone and jaw. I bemoan the fact I can’t talk right now, because there are so many things I want to tell him.

I want to tell him about the butterflies in my tummy and about the fast beating of my heart. Wait a moment…the last thing he would know…this beeping is annoying… The heart monitor beside me is going nuts and beeps loudly, guess that will tell Onew about my fast heartbeat. I can see he wants to say something, but the banging of the door behind him interrupts our sweet alone time.

I thought my brother and the rest of SHINee would be the first here instead I see someone I didn’t want to see again so soon.

No…not him again…god…what is it this time?

His annoying voice interrupted my thoughts.

 

~Takashima Shusuke POV~

 

“I told you I would find you, Lee Yun Hee. You can’t escape justice.” I told her while stalking towards the bed, where she sat with a slightly dazed look on her face, before she started scowling at the sight of me. Guess she isn’t happy to see me. Her doctor is right behind me berating me for aggravating his patient’s condition.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

Why can’t they let me live in peace? I don’t want the past this ing incident granted me. I want to be a normal girl…well as normal as I can get. One look towards Atsushi told me he had done anything to keep this guy away from me and to prevent him from taking me god knows where. I hate this particular police officer more than I ever hated the people who made my parents kill themselves.

Yes…they did kill themselves…but this is something neither Daisuke nor Taemin should ever know. Neither should they know I was involved in this, but I guess Takashima Shusuke succeeded in revealing this secret before I was prepared to do so.

I see Atsushi grimace behind him and I mimic for him to make a call. Bring Ryosuke in on this, Atsushi…I need your twin right now…he’s my lawyer and he has the video material I need to proof I did it in self-defense. I see him nod and leave us for the time being.

 

~Onew POV~

 

I turn around and see this scrawny guy in a trench coat standing there, mumbling about justice. Seems like he and Yun Hee know each other, but I can’t get anything out of her face. She’s silently communicating with her doctor again. This is so weird. I stand by her side, ready to protect her although I don’t know from what.

 

~Yun Hee POV~

 

He succeeded in aggravating Onew before he even knows what’s going on…great…just great…ing inspector. I’ll go nuts if he doesn’t leave me…I just woke up and I can’t very well defend myself….since I can’t talk…

Before Onew can do something he will regret I put my hand onto his arm and get him to sit down on the bed, snuggling slightly against his side.

I won’t let harm come to him. If I have to go to jail or something like that so be it. I can cope with this , I’ve coped with it since mom and dad got me into this mess when I was ten, so I will be able to survive it.

 

~Takashima Shusuke POV~

 

This guy beside her seems aggravated by my presence. I don’t know why but everyone turns hostile as soon as they see me. It’s not like I’m here to hurt anyone. I just want to bring justice and Lee Yun Hee stands in the way of such justice.

 

~Kisaragi Atsushi POV~

 

I stay just outside the room and call my twin brother. Good thing he’s a lawyer and he moved with me from Japan to South Korea. We knew about Yun Hees plan to leave as soon as she assured the safety of her siblings and so we went ahead and planed everything we could here in Korea.

When I told him who had just entered Yun Hees room he told me he would be there in a few and I could hear him moving through our apartment.

 

~Kisaragi Ryosuke POV~

 

I received my brother’s call while I was still eating breakfast. I intended to visit Yun Hee later this morning, when he called and told me this annoying good for nothing inspector from Tokyo Police Department was here in Korea and had just entered Yun Hees room and was harassing her again. Without thinking twice I dropped my chop sticks onto the table and moved towards the small safe in my office and fetched one of the many DVDs and my portable player, before grabbing my coat and leaving the apartment to sprint down the street towards the hospital. I arrived barely ten minutes later and saw my brother waiting for me in front of the room.