Doorbell

My Love Story With... Bacon?

 

The next day…

TING TONG.

The doorbell rang, breaking the temporary silence that had occurred between two people who are diving in their breakfasts. The sound of the doorbell rang in their ears loudly, and then both of them reacted to stand up in unison.

“I’ll go get it” So Hee said, wiping with a tissue.

“No. No need to, I’ll go get it” Min Jung offered, making So Hee to stop in her tracks. Min Jung then walked to the door quickly, wondering who would be in front by then.

TING TONG. TING TONG, the doorbell rang again, twice. Min Jung paced to the door faster. Is it urgent? “Coming!” Min Jung cooed loudly. She then turned the door knob open then met her eyes with a figure that made her legs gone shaky. Her eyes widen in amazement and glistened with a slight surprise. What is he doing here?

“M-Min Jung-ah” the guy shyly said, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked slightly embarrassed; a look of guilt conquered his eyes. “I’m so sorry to disturb you this morning, though. Mianhae” he said with an apologetic look plastered on his face, his hands clasped.

Min Jung uttered a soft giggle, letting a sweet smile spread on her fair face. “Never mind about that, no problem” She pointed her thumbs up, giving the guy a grin that says ‘I’m good, dude’ “Oh yeah, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“Ahh, you see~” Bacon’s eyes shifted onto the ground, stuttering. Min Jung kept her eyes locked onto him, wanting a direct and simple answer. “I-I was just wondering … w-well …”

Well what? Min Jung waited for Bacon to continue. “W-well, my school is having a graduation ceremony today for – oh well, you know, the seniors – well, I’ll be going to the ceremony so … uh … I was wondering if … you …” Bacon pointed his slender thumb at Min Jung, making Min Jung to flinch a bit. “You … to come with me?”

“U-uh” Min Jung’s throat felt like a thousand of grains stuck between it. Her heart leaped with a mixture of feelings which Min Jung can’t describe what it was; the feeling was just … different. Her hands started to sweat, her cheeks burning with a heat of an invisible fire that crept up to her cheek. She can’t describe what does she felt by then … she just doesn’t know what it was.

“I-I” Min Jung stuttered nervously, her eyes pinning on the ground. Her eyes caught Bacon looked at her earnestly, hoping for a positive answer. Min Jung kept locked, not a single utter came from her lips.

Now, what should I do? Should I go? Or should I … no,no! I can’t trust him but … I want to go. I want to go with him! Wait … wait; take a deep breath Min Jung. Stay calm. Alright, you don’t him fully right, so … maybe you said n- but I want to go! B-but … but I … Argh! What should I –

“YES!” Min Jung suddenly bellowed unconsciously, her eyes shut tightly. Both of her arms set free on her side. This is it. Alright, I said it.

Bacon was slightly taken aback when Min Jung shouted in agreement. This answer was hoped … but not the way he expected.

Min Jung then opened her eyes and saw a surprised look on Bacon’s face. Omo, did I say it too loud? “I-I’m so sorry, I-I didn’t mean to, I” Min Jung covered with her both of her hands, shaking her head and blaming herself mentally. “I-I just wanted to say” she took a deep breath in, “Yes.” She took her eyes away from Bacon who was still staring at her.

Bacon giggled at her cuteness. “So, alright then. I’ll meet you later, arasso?” Bacon smiled and beamed at Min Jung, making her small and girly heart to flutter. He patted Min Jung’s head, gave a last bow at her, and then trailed off to the town.

Min Jung was left, still standing on the door, her head jerked outside. She then quietly closed the door, feeding her mind with non-stop thoughts. Bacon is amazing, he had a good memory. He still remembered where my house is.

Min Jung took slow steps towards the kitchen, and then pulled a chair and took a seat next to So Hee. She then continued to dine in her breakfast.

So Hee kept on munching on a chocolate donut when she asked, “Who’s on the door just now?”

Min Jung slowly lifted her head facing So Hee, a slight smile on her face. “No one important.”