Something Else Comes to the Light

A Visit From The Past

 

Min Ju POV

Eunkwang said he had to get to school early this morning. I offered to come with him but he said he wanted me not to lose sleep, so this morning I went to school by myself. On the whole way, it felt like something was missing and I know that I checked my bag a thousand times over to make sure I didn’t forget anything.

So here I was in the classroom sitting in my chair thirty minutes before the bell had to ring. I was about to pull out my note book when Hyungmoon came in.

“Hey Min Ju.” He smiled. He looked out of breath.

“Annyeong Hyungmoon.” I smiled back. “Were you running somewhere?”

“Yeah, I was running around the school trying to find our songsaenim but I couldn’t find her anywhere.”

“Well she doesn’t have to be here yet, there’s still some time before class starts.”

“True but today is when tutoring sessions are. Once a week, student s come in for tutoring sessions on a subject they’re having trouble on. I need help on math but our songsaenim isn’t here!” His voice starting rising and collapse in a chair. “I don’t know what I’m gonna- wait.” His head perked up. “Min Ju, are you good at math?”

“Sort of.”

“Aw come on, you get like the best grades in the class.”

“No I don’t! Remember what Choi Jun Hong scored on the last test?”

“Oh, he’s different I heard he skipped a grade or something.”

“Why don’t you ask him for help?”

“Why would I go ask him when I have you here?” He said while going through his bag trying to find his homework. “Got it.” He said as he pulled out five sheets of paper.

“Wait, I don’t remember doing that much homework last night.” I remarked in rising alarm while pointing to the papers.

“This is from a couple nights before too. Songsaenim gave me some extra pages to practice with and she said if I do well on these, it’ll really help my grade.” He straightened out the papers and one fell to the ground.

“Oh you dropped this.” I said handing it back to him.

“Gumawo.” He did a double take when he looked at the paper. “Aish, I think got my papers mixed up with Eunkwang.” He quickly looked at the rest of the papers.

“Why would you get yours mixed with Eunkwang?” I asked while he was looked at the sheets.

“Because songsaenim gave us extra work at the same time.”

“Wait, songsaenim gave him extra sheets too?”

“Yep.”

“So is he struggling math too?”

“No, he needs help with history.” He said while still shuffling through the rest of the papers.”Ok good the rest of the papers are mine, not his.” He got out a pencil and a notebook, flipped to a new page in the notebook, and turned to me. “I don’t know what to do when-“ And with that we went off to work. He caught on quickly when I explained things to him and about twenty minutes later we had just about finished all the pages he had.

“So what would you do after you distribute the three?” I asked him, pointing my pencil at his mistake.

“You would…oh!” He fixed his mistake and blew therough the problem.

“Wow, you picked up on this stuff really fast! Why do come in for tutoring then?”

“Sometimes, when it’s explained in class, it doesn’t make sense to me. And there are other kids who need help and make noise so the teacher doesn’t get to my questions.: He looked at me. “So tutoring sessions really help me.”

“Oh.” I said quite simply. I never really thought about things like that. I tend to block out others when I’m working. The bell rang and I could hear people coming down the hall. I looked down at the problem we were working on to see that he had finished it, as well as the next one. “There are two more problems left.” I said happily Then I flipped to the back. There were ten more problems on that side. I looked at him with concern. “Don’t worry, I’ll be able to finish it.” He assured me.

“Are you sure you understand all of it?”

“Yeah, thanks to my awesome tutor.” He smiled at me.

Eunkwang POV

I joined Changsub as I came out of a classroom and slapped my arm around him.

“Aigoo, Changsub-ah you look tired.”

“Yeah I am.” He said and looked at me with dark circles under his eyes. “I stayed up last night studying to take that test today.”

My eyes bugged out. “What test? I can’t remember-“

“That test I missed when I was absent last week.”  Changsub interjected. “The teacher’s been busy, but today she said she had the time to let me take that test today.

“Oh THAT test.” I said with a slight laugh and relaxed. “You had me going there for a second. Don’t worry about it, it’s not too hard.” He looked at me with wide eyes. I patted his back. “FIGHTING!” I told him while putting up a fist as the sign as we entered the classroom. I heard a girl laugh and it sounds really familiar. MIN JU! I looked over to her seat and see Hyungmoon standing in front of her. She laughing and he has this smug-ish look on his face.

“I’ll be back.” I mumbled to Changsub.

 “So I was just wonder-“  Hyungmoon got cut off. By me. Oh, I feel proud.

“Hey Min Ju.” I said as I slipped my arm around her shoulders.

“Hi Eunkwang-sshi.” She smiled at me. We’re back to sshi now? I think my heart just fell a couple meters inside me.

“So Min Ju-“ This time I got cut off.

“Hi Eunkwnag.” Hyungmoon said, also smiling.

“Hey.” I replied simply

“So..guess I’ll see you later Min Ju.” Hyungmoon said while nodding his head toward me.

“See you later.” Min Ju said brightly. Hyungmoon turned and waved a bit.

“Bye.” I said simply in a deadpan tone. That got me a dirty look from Min Ju.

“What did I do?” I asked very innocently. With puppy eyes for effect. Just then the teacher came in and told us all to sit down. Min Ju urged me to my desk.

“But what were you and-“

“We’ll talk later. Right now, go sit down.

I slugged to my seat and slumped down. Guess I’ll just have to wait to see what went on there. I sighed deeply. Which earned me a nasty look from the teacher.

_________________________________________________________________

So after such a long (too long) time i FINALLY updated.

School's being a- *cough* i'm getting more school work these days and-

oh i missed u guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *crying on the floor*

 

I am writing another oneshot and hope to have that up soon so please look forward to it! 

a kpop quote if there ever was one.

Speaking of quotes, idi anyone find the 2PM reference in this? or any special mentions, like umm a very smart 15 year old? *senaky eyesbrows*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu63QFwarHQ