A Walk Home

A Visit From The Past

 

EunKwang POV

It was time to go home. As I rose out of my seat Hyunsik nudged me and jerked his head in Min Ju’s direction. She was putting her things in her bag, not looking up. She shut her bag, threw it over her shoulder and made her way to the door. “Hyung you better hurry.” “Why?” I asked. “Minhuk hyung said that you had to start dating her today.” He was right and I have to keep it up until graduation. Just a few months,  I can do this. I slowly started walking toward Min Ju. Then shuffled a bit to catch up with her because she was out the door already.

Min Ju POV

I like going to school (a little bit) but getting to go home is always good. When I was halfway down the hall, I heard a voice call my name. I ignored it; I am not in the mood to take anyone teasing me right now.

Then I heard it again, and again. “Jung Min Ju, wait up!” I stopped and turned around. “Wow you walk fast, I had to run to catch up to you.”

“Oh, Eunkwang-sshi, are you alright?” I am standing there in shock; I’m quite surprised that I can speak. This has to be a dream.  Jung Min Ju, get your head on straight before you lose it.

“Why didn’t you answer me before when I called?”

“ Because-“

“Eunkwang huyng .” Changsub shouted at him from across the hall. Eunkwang turned to look at where the voice was coming from and once he did Changsub started walking toward him. I figured since Eunkwang was going to talk to his friend he’d forget I was standing there so I decided to leave. About eight steps later I could hear footfalls behind me getting faster. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around, ready to smack whoever did that. “Min Ju, why did you leave?” Eunkwang? Again? I know I must be dreaming.

“I didn’t want to intrude on you and your friend, so I just thought the best thing to do would be to leave.”

“Where would you get an idea like that?”

“Well, I just… nevermind. Did you need something? You said you ran to catch up with me, is it urgent?”

“Umm, I guess you could call it urgent depending on the way you look at it.” What is he talking about? ”I was just wondering if you’d go on a date with me. ‘’ I just looked at him. ‘’Will you go on a date with me?” He asked while looking at me with a straight face.

“Ummm…” What’s wrong with me Seo Eunkwang, my crush the kingka, is asking me on a date, why am I hesitating? He was still looking at me, just me.       We had been walking up to this point and now we were at the school gates.

“Is that a yes or rejection?”

“Eunkwang-shi, I’ll just get going now.” I turned my back to him starting to walk down the street. Then I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see Eunkwang behind me.

 “Wae iraeyo?” I asked, turning fully to face him.

“ You didn’t give me an answer so I’m going to follow you until you do.”

“What if I said I wasn’t going home and that I’m part of a gang, would you still follow me?”

“Yes. “ His gave the simple answer with a nod of his head.

“So if I don’t give you an answer you’ll l become my stalker?”

“Yeah, I guess you could put it that way.” Let’s just see about that. I my heel and continued walking down the street. I heard his footsteps again. I looked back and he was actually following me.”What are you doing?”

 “I said I’d follow you until you give me an answer, didn’t I?”

“If I answer no, will you go away?”

“For today yes, but then tomorrow I’d follow you during school and then I’d follow you home again.”

“So basically, you’re not taking no for an answer?”

“Yep.”

“Alright then, yes.”

“Yes what?”

“You know what.”

“I want to hear you say it.”

I let out a sigh “Yes, I will go on a date with you.” A smile spread on his face and he started walking toward me.

“I thought you said that you’d stop following me if I said yes.”

“I know, but I’m not following you, I’m walking you home.”

“You don’t even know where I live”

“Well, this way I can find out.” He gave me a playful smile and tried to take my bag. “Oh, no, that’s ok. I can take it, it’s fine.” I said while trying to keep it away from his grasp.

“No” He said in a no-nonsense tone and tried to grab my bag again and this time he succeeded.

“Wow what a change of mood and so quickly.” I said while he was putting the straps of my backpack over the front of himself.

“Funny, my friends told me the same thing.”

“I’ll tell you what’s funny, how you look right now.” I said and let out a small giggle. He had his backpack on his back and mine on his front side, so he looked like some kind of double-shelled turtle. “You sure you can handle that? Here just let me take mine back. I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” I started to reach for my bag but he pulled back so I couldn’t grab it. “I won’t hurt myself plus your backpack weighs, like, nothing.” I gave him a look. “Ok,” he said ”maybe it weighs something but it’s not crazy heavy.’’ He gave me a grin that, as cheesy as it was, made my knees go a bit weak.

 

When we got to my house I reach out my arms so he could hand me my bag. He did and asked "So this is where you live?''

"Yeah."

"I live two streets over from here. If I did become your salker it would be much eaiser to keep track of you like that. He threw me another grin. Good thing I was holding onto my backpack, because if I wasn't I probably would have fainted at that moment. He started walking toward his house and waved bye to me.

I unlocked the front door, leaned against it, then pinched myself. Nope, definitely not dreaming.

______________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong everyone! :D Finally, an update.

I got 2 new subbies since my last update, which was awhile ago but still. Thank you guys soo much, for liking and subbing to my story.

BTOB came out with a new mini album, check out this track. I really like this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DpzKb3basw&feature=related