Eunkwang

A Visit From The Past

 

Eun Kwang POV

Finally, time for lunch, thank goodness, the lecture was starting to get unbearably boring.

I waited for the rest of BTOB in the cafeteria as I sat down with my food. I felt someone hit me on my back. “YAH! Illhoon, jugulle?”

“Calm down hyung, I was just saying hi.”

“That’s how you say hi to your hyung; by hitting him?” I felt another hand slap my back, this time it was Minhyuk.

“Ahh jinjja, what is it with everyone hitting me today? Did I not get the memo or something?”

Minhyuk just shrugged and stuck his spoon in his rice. Then Changsub and Hyunsik came and sat down. “Yah, how is it that we’re in the same class but you guys came after I did?”

“Fangirls,” Hyunsik simply said. We have a few fangirls, but it’s not like we need to run for our lives when we see them or try to hide behind a wall to avoid them. Also, if we did that that would be rude, that’s not good for an image.

“Well enjoy that for the next few months, because once we graduate, there won’t be any fangirls in college,” I said. We are all in our final year of high school, and I’m itching to get out.

Sungjae looked up from his food and turned to me. “You know hyung, something just hit me. It’s our final year but I’ve never seen or heard about you dating anyone.”

“So?” I asked him, somewhat irked at that moment. Someday our maknae’s curious mind is going to get him in trouble and when that day comes I might just laugh at him. Then be a good hyung and try to help him out.

“Just, maybe you need someone, you know, so you won’t be so uptight,” he replied back, with a straight face.

“YAH, WHO SAYS I’M UPTIGHT?”

“Nobody, you prove that on your own,” Donggeun said. I turned to him, staring daggers.

I pushed away the desire of hitting both of them on the back of the head to a dark corner of my mind and tried to paint a smile on my face. “Plus who says I need a girl when I have you guys?,” I said in a cheery tone while spreading my arms out wide. They all looked at me like I was crazy.

“That’s also why you need a girl, your temperament changes like the wind,” Changsub said while stuffing some kimchi in his mouth.

“How about this? You and I have a round of kai, bai, bo. If I win you have to date someone and we pick until graduation, but if you win then you can keep your lonely life as is.” Minhyuk asked, as though he was trying to persuade someone into doing something they would probably regret; which was essentially what he was trying to do. I wanted to flick him for calling my life ’lonely’, just because I’m alone doesn’t mean I’m lonely; there’s a difference between those two words. I pushed those thoughts to another dark corner of my mind and smirked at him.

“Just one round?”

“Yep.”

“You want to decide my love life with one round of kai, bai ,bo?”

“Basically.”

“Ok.” He stinks a kai bai,bo, so what do I have to lose?

“An naemyeon jingeo, kai, bai, bo,” We both chanted before we threw our hands down.

I lost. Now of all times, he just had to get good. Since I agreed to this stupid idea, I have to accept the consequences. “So who are you going to pick to be the lucky girl?” I asked.

“I don’t know if you can call her lucky,” Changsub mumbled under his breath.

“I heard that,” I said while waiting for an answer from Minhyuk.

“What? I didn’t say anything, I’m eating,” Changsub said while chewing his rice.

”Why are you accusing yourself? I didn’t say who I heard.” I said while turing my eyes to Minhyuk. Changsub just stuffed more rice in his mouth.

“Still waiting for an answer Minhyuk.”

“Still thinking. Cool it Eunkwang, just because you lost doesn’t mean you have to be a baby about it.” I wanted to say something back but he spoke again before anything could leave my mouth.

“The third girl who walks through the cafeteria doors is who you’ll date. “

“What if she doesn’t want to date me?” I didn’t ask because I was curious, I wanted him to see the faults in his little matchmaker game.

“Then you’ll just have to make her fall for you.” Well, that was not the answer I was expecting.

“What if she wants to break up before graduation?”

“You’ll have to convince her otherwise.” Again, wasn’t expecting that.

I counted girls. One,a queenka at the school who any guy would have been glad to date. Two, a fangirl of Hyunsik’s .  Three, I couldn’t believe this was the girl I was going to have to date.

“That’s the girl.” Minhyuk said with the slightest hint of a smile.

“I pity her.” Changsub said, watching her walk into the cafeteria. “Do you even know her name?” Donggeun asked while looking at me

Of course I knew her name; we were in the same class after all. “No.” Saying that I did would make me look uncool, right?

“Jung Min Ju, that’s her name.” Hyunsik replied to Donggeun, and then he turned to me. “Eunkwang, how could you not know her? She’s in our class."

“What is she like?”Sungjae asked looking directly at Hyunsik.

”I’m not sure; she doesn’t say much in class. She’s usually reading.”Hyunsik said while scratching his head.

“So Hyung’s going to be dating a nerd?” Illhoon asked, turning to Hyunsik . I just put my head against the table and breathed in very slowly. I looked up just in time to see Minhyuk bump Illhoon on the back of the head. “Yah, don’t say things like that it’s not nice.” Minhyuk scolded Illhoon.

“So when do I have to start dating her?” I asked Minhyuk

The bell rang telling us to go back to class.

“Now.” He replied while walking away from me. “Yah, kachi ka.” Chungsub yelled after us.

 

Once we got back in the classroom, I could see Min Ju at her desk. There was a paper ball on top of her chair and I saw her pick it up. She stared at it then looked as if she was going to throw it. She was aiming for the trashcan on the other side of the room. She’ll never make it in, that’s way too far. I watched as she let it go.

 It went in, on the first try. I tried to suppress the urge to gawk at her achievement. How is that even possible? She’s all the way at the back of the room; there’s too much distance.

I looked back at her, she sat down like what she just did was nothing special.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

So how was that? It's longer this time. YAY!

Did you guys catch any names in the first chapter? I mentioned Hyn Ae, the same character in my previous story. That is my way of showing you that I didn't forget her story. It's also my promise to you that I will complete it later in the future.

I also mentiond Hyungmoon, the same one from TriTops(i love that group soo much, along with Double A). I know he's kind of old to be in this story, but for the sake of the plot let's just pretend he isn't.

I meant to update yesterday and I was really close to doing so, but then it was really late at night so I wasn't able to. But I got up this morning and was dermined to post it. 

I want to make up for not updating my last story in so long.