Lunch Date

A Visit From The Past

 

Min Ju POV

The bell for lunch rang and I gathered my things.

“Min Ju.” I looked up to see Eunkwang’s bright smiling face.

“Hi Eunkwang-sshi,” I smiled. Is it just me, or did his smile just get smaller?

“Let’s eat lunch together today.” He said as we walked out of the class room

“Are you sure it would be ok if I sat with you and your friends again?”

“Of course it would be, but I was thinking it could be with your friends instead today. Where do you usually sit at lunch anyway?  I hardly ever see you around during lunch time.”

“Well, how about you get your lunch and then I’ll show you?’’

“Ok then.” He replied with a nod.

“I’ll wait for you right here.”  I was standing next to a window next to an entrance.

“Ok I’ll be right back then.” He assured me and went to go get his lunch.

As I waited I heard voices. “ ‘You shouldn’t do that.’ It was so funny when Lee Joon said that even though the scene was supposed to be all serious.”

“Could you do any better than him?” The second voice prompted.

“Sure I could. I would-oh Noona!”

“Hi Sungjae! Hi Illhoon.!” I waved at them as they approached me.

“Noona what are you doing out here? Come and eat with us.” Illhoon urged me and grabbed my hand.

“Illhoon didn’t you hear? Eunkwang told us that he would eat with Min Ju today.”

“Oh really? He told all of us that? How come I didn’t hear this?” Illhoon wondered with pouty lips.

“Maybe you just weren’t listening.” Sungjae stated matter-of-factly.

“Ehem.” I heard a strong voice cough behind us.

“Illhoon where is your hand right now?” Eukwang asked, his eyes were slits.

We all looked at his hand to find that it was still on my wrist. “Oh.” Illhoon said and quickly pulled his hand away. “Sorry Noona. Sorry hyung.” He sounded like a dejected kid but then he perked up when he said “Have fun you tow love birds.” Then they both ran into the cafeteria.

“Min Ju, sorry to keep you waiting.” Eunkwang said, his eyes no longer slits.

“Eunkwang-sshi, you didn’t take long at all, it’s ok.” I told him as I pushed the on the door of the entrance.

“Where are we going?” He asked with a quizzical look on his face.

“Remember I said I’ll show you where I eat?”

“Ok then I’ll just follow you.” There was a bit of a silence as we walked out before Eunkwang filled it. “Did Illhoon bother you? Did he pull anything funny?”I gave a laugh. “Why are you laughing?”

“Because Illhoon did not do anything to me.”

“Really? Because it sure looked like he was trying to do something when his hand was on you.”

“He didn’t understand why I was just standing by the window and not going into the cafeteria, so he wanted to bring me to their table to eat lunch with them. Did you tell them all about us eating lunch together? Or was this spontaneous?”

“Oh.” He said like he had run out of things to argue. “Don’t worry about that, all that matters is that we’re together.” Those words made me break out into a huge smile.

I stopped walking when I came to the tree I usually eat lunch at and sat down. I gestured for Eunkwang to do the same and he did.

“So this is where you sit everyday at lunch?” He asked after setting his food down.

“Yep.” I replied while taking out my chopsticks.

“It’s relaxing and peaceful and just the two of us.” That last part made me blush and smile.

“So where are the rest of your friends?”

“Nobody really sits with me; it’s usually just me out here.” As I finished that last part, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders.

 

Eunkwang POV

“Eunkwnag-sshi what are you doing?” Min Ju asked a bit startled.

“I don’t want you to be lonely. I’ll be with you.”  I put my head on her shoulder

“Eunkwang-sshi thank you but I’m not lonely. Just because I’m alone doesn’t mean I’m lonely.”  That’s exactly what I think.

“I know.”I told her and hugged her tighter. She put her hand on my arm.

“Remember that thing I was searching for?”

 “Did you find it?” I asked maybe a bit too eagerly.

“Mm. She nodded.”And I remember I said that if I found it I would show it to you.” She started digging around in her bag.

“Where did you find it anyway?” I asked her out of curiosity.

“Under my bed. I must have fallen from my nightstand or something like that.” She kept digging. “I got it!” She yelled holding up a thick notebook. The wind picked up and blew some papers out of the notebook.

“Ais-“

“Don’t worry!” I said and got up to chase after each paper. I could see Min Ju get up to catch some too.

After we got them all we went back to the tree.

“Good we got them all.” She gathered them all and straightened them out. “Chabgi.”

“What did you say?” I asked slightly confused.

“Remember you asked me when I’d stop calling you Eunkwang-sshi?” I nodded. “I’ll call you chabgi from now on because you caught the papers and they are all very important to me.”

I smiled really big. “I like that nickname a lot.”

_____________________________________________________________________

So how was that?

I hope you guys are having a wonderfulChristmas or the holiday that you celbrate with family, friends, and loved ones.

A Triple Update this is my gift to my subbies that's why it took me a little longer to update this week   keke

Love you guys!! *big hug*

Stay safe and warm!!

 

P.S. It snowed here, it was a white Christmas after all; that's a first for me =D